Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Communication Breakdown - Page 5

Re: Communication Breakdown

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-20 11:54:45

What happens if you pull out a Gamecube cable during a trade?

I suspect it would do what it does when the trade falls through: both games would be considered "corrupted", and the previous save file will be loaded. Now if you pulled it out at just the right time, you may be able to clone one Pokemon while deleting the other, but it would be far more trouble than what it's worth.

Well, I couldn't try it anyway.

And that would be like the R/B/Y cloning glitch, except with even more risk than in those games.

You wonder why I don't pull out cables during trades…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-20 13:59:20
More dangerous in those games? But how, exactly?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-20 16:33:09
Because in the Gamecube games, it could corrupt your game and load the previous save.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-21 20:53:26
Actually I'd think it'd be safer in the more recent, simply because there IS a back-up file if the previous file is corrupted. Remember that you have to save BEFORE doing a trade anyway, and after each trade is completed, so the previous save file would be you right before the trading counter, having lost no data besides that of the interrupted trade.

In the old games, however, if you corrupt your save file, your save file is, well…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-22 18:13:11
Is there really back-up files in those games? I know there is in D/P, but…

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-10-23 03:20:06
There is for the GBA series.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-23 17:07:34
Yeah, I should know. Usually I activate them whenever a trade falls through.