Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Communication Breakdown - Page 2

Re: Link Cables: Pulling Out A Link Cable During A Battle

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-03 20:00:47

Oh, you're a mod now? Nice.

Thanks.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-04 10:57:09
Oh yeah, congrats Missing? No!

Never actually had a glitched inked battle, but I did watch one where there was a strange orange-colored Oddish O_o

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-04 15:16:50

Oh…I was wondering why you called yourself "GARY M 9".

Wait…why aren't you "GARY M 9887?"

Yes. Glitch link battles are ALWAYS gonna be freaky, NO MATTER WHAT.

I am STILL trying to forget what happened. I can't seem to, though.

I'm GARY 'M 9 because I didn't want to have different cased letters in my name and I wanted 9 instead of 9887.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-05 15:57:07
What about pulling out a link cable during a trade? *GASP* I would NEVER do that.

I might actually try this again, to see what happens this time.

Date: 2007-10-05 17:07:22
Did some link-battle experiments the other day. Only got the "Waiting!" message, however.

If you pull out the cable at just the right moment, one of the Pokemon will be delated, while the other will be cloned, appearing on the other version but still not deleted from its home version. Basically, the first cloning glitch, only more hassle than what it's worth.

Date: 2007-10-05 17:13:18
Yeah, but I trade GOOD Pokemon only!

I want the weirdo Pokemon like GARY M 9 encountered.

Also, you learned what my REAL LIFE name is.

Date: 2007-10-05 17:37:48
Indeed, BRYAN.

I want a weird-colored Pokemon like that Oddish I mentioned. What determines Pokemon colors, btw? And the color of the shiny?

Date: 2007-10-05 18:00:59
I am considering changing this topic's name.

I also want to get a couple glitch fights outta this.

Date: 2007-10-05 18:16:05
Change it to what exactly? Just Link Cable Glitches?

Heh, how fast fear slips away. I remember being terrified of MissingNo for the longest time after I saw what it did to my HoF (I was ten or eleven, I didn't know better) But then years later I huntfor MIssingNo again and BAM! I'm off to research glitches.

Re: Communication Breakdown

Date: 2007-10-05 19:02:28
To THIS.

It's the title of an old Led Zeppelin song, and, if you look at the content of the topic, it DOES make sense. The cable is pulled out, meaning the game glitches BECAUSE the games are unable to communicate between each other anymore, meaning that there HAS been a "communication breakdown"!

I also want to fight a 3TrainerPoke in the link battle. I've HEARD of it happening before…

Date: 2007-10-05 19:16:57
Ah, nice  8)

I've heard of MissingNo appearing in linked battles. Hey, can you USE glitch Pokemon in linked battles (as in already have them in your party)?

Date: 2007-10-05 19:22:00
Yes. You can use Missingno.

Sometimes, if you get 3TrainerPoke from playing with the cable, he'll be called Dratini, know Waterfall and HM01, and, after the link battle, you MAY get to keep him! YAY!  8) ;D XD

Date: 2007-10-05 20:33:00
Well, in that case….Superglitch link battle anyone XD? Or you can just use a Ditto w/ the Cooltrainer-type move.

Or even Yellow glitches vs Red/Blue glitches on their respective versions. (Ex. MissingNo on R/B, Trainer3poke or whatever its equivalent is on yellow) I wonder if they would appear different to the other version. 

Date: 2007-10-05 20:46:54
Missingno. would appear as Missingno. in Yellow.

To make things clear, 3TrainerPoke IS a Yellow glitch. In Red/Blue, his equivilant is 'M, so you would see an 'M if you were link battling with Red/Blue.

See for yourself. Trade an 'M to Yellow. He'll still be named 'M but he will have become a 3TrainerPoke.

And that IS more letters than you could actually use to name a Pokemon, so it causes some glitches there. If you use Gameshark to find him in the wild, he will appear poisoned, can cause Super Glitch (why it is called that I don't know), and can take on the back sprite of the opponent Pokemon. It can also freeze the game (well, duh.)

Date: 2007-10-05 20:55:46
Oh I see. I should do that. My attempts to get the Vidirian Trainer glitched have so far failed.

As for Super Glitch…well, it has no real name, and it superly glitches things up if you even put the cursor on it…so I guess that's why :P

Side note: This is the only real active thread right now in this section. Weird.