Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Communication Breakdown - Page 4

Re: Communication Breakdown

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-10 19:24:58

My MissingNo isn't nicknamed, which is odd, since I tend to nickname EVERYTHING.

I tend to nickname NOTHING. Unless it's a Regi.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-10 19:50:39
Yeah…a bunch of graphical glitches. You know, the usual.

Guy, I meant my Pikachu was halfway normal before, but now he has gone nuts.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-10 20:17:58
Define "nuts".

Is he always upset, is his picture messed up, etc.

Date: 2007-10-11 14:17:00
He runs away a bunch, he has speech bubbles with nothing in them, and his picture in them is sometimes glitched.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-11 16:24:37
Define "halfway normal". ;)

Date: 2007-10-11 16:33:30
Before that, the only problem he had was his picture in the speech bubble could get glitched sometimes.

I can't use my GameBoy Color anymore, because a couple of years ago the batteries died. Stupid dumbass me left them in there. They corroded and there was battery acid all in my Gameboy. It killed the whole damn thing. It wouldn't turn on anymore, so I threw the GameBoy in the trash.

Date: 2007-10-11 19:40:27
Ick. That's what happened to my Game Boy Advance. I was able to get a GBA SP later, though, which you charge up. So no more of that.

Strange. How did your Pikachu get partly screwed up in the first place? Or was he always like that?

Btw, have you ever talked to Pikachu while fishing?

Date: 2007-10-12 14:13:21
He got screwed up after I froze the game from Yellow Missingno.

By the way, I have. He's wearing a fishing bucket on his head. Hah, Pikachu is a buckethead…

Date: 2007-10-13 19:58:08
Haha, I know, it's so funny.

I've heard that the yellow MissingNo is more deadly, and that it's harder to summon up than R/B MissingNo (not just talking about the Old Man glitch, but trying to summon it via Ditto Trick. I hear it often freezes at the black screen)

Back on topic, I sometimes have issues trading from my Pokemon XD Gamecube game. The trades sometimes randomly break, and I have to start over. I think it's partly the cable's fault (those GC/GBA cables aren't very sturdy) but I think there might be something glitchy about my XD game too. Ocassionally it won't let me save b/c of corruption, and yet if I try to save again right after it lets me O_o. Maybe doing that isn't such a good idea… 

Date: 2007-10-13 20:01:10
I don't think so either. Sounds like that COULD actually corrupt your game.

Date: 2007-10-13 20:08:14
It hasn't done that for a while, though. But I still have issues with trades, although the new cable seems to help a lot. Still, I plan to restart my game soon anyway (my team's in the 80's, and the GC games are greay for leveling up Pokemon quickly) so hopefully a clean slate will fix any save corruption issues…

Colloseum has never had issues with trades, though there was that odd time at the opening screen where it wouldn't let me access my save file. I persisted, though, and it let me in. Haven't had any trouble out of it since.

Date: 2007-10-17 20:34:25
What happens if you pull out a Gamecube cable during a trade?

Date: 2007-10-19 15:06:28
Should work the same way as pulling out a GBA one. Because that would be the game it is communicating with, correct?

Date: 2007-10-19 19:14:37
I suspect it would do what it does when the trade falls through: both games would be considered "corrupted", and the previous save file will be loaded. Now if you pulled it out at just the right time, you may be able to clone one Pokemon while deleting the other, but it would be far more trouble than what it's worth.

Date: 2007-10-20 05:56:25
Oh yeah, that's how the 1st/4th gen cloning glitch works, right?