Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Prof Oak - Page 1

Prof Oak

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-12 14:16:23
When you drop a game, ANYTHING is possible. Hell, dropping your game might actully cause screwed up trainers! My cousin once dropped his game and when he talked to Prof. Oak, Oak challenged him to a battle.  :o

Prof Oak

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-12 21:42:27
That is actually impossible, as it is not in the game's programming. That sounds like a PkGod-type rumor. Don't beleive those.

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 08:09:14
Or so he says. I never believed him in the first place.

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 11:51:47
So, anyway, this so called "Celebi glitch" is probably a case of dropping the game or something like that.

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 11:54:36
So this is only possible if you drop your game. Mystery solved.

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 12:04:37
Well, I suppose so…

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 13:03:25
I guess that can be locked.

Prof Oak

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-13 13:23:53
No this isnt going to be locked..
I mean its like a hard chance for you to drop your game and the Celebi Glitch or whatever is encounted.
[SARCASIM]
Thanks to this I bet pokemon trainers around the world are doing this :P [/SARCASIM]

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 13:43:47
Yeah, I'm sure they are.  XD

The only way you would be able to test this is to intentionally drop your game on the floor, which I do not and never will reccomend. There's a good chance you could break your game, or it could screwed up and saving it causes your game to get erased.

It seems that Celebi is taking Mew's place as the most noticed Pokemon. I mean, now that we know how to get Mew, there are fewer fake Mew cheats (trust me, I could make some up, I have done so before) and the amount of fake Celebi cheats has grown rapidly. Some for Red and Blue (what the-?  :???: ).

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 13:46:39
Hahah true.
I have never since n00b c0d3s for Celebi on r/b but on g/s/c TOO MUCH!
Yeah its like the Celebi Glitch is the new Mew Trick xD

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 14:02:01
I have honestly seen some "REAL CELEBI CHEATS" for Red and Blue. The one I had in mind claimed you could catch an 'M, then go to Prof. Oak and talk to him with 'M in your party. He'd say he was interested in it and wants it for further study, so you give it to him. In return, he gives you Celebi.

Of course that's fake. I never believed that in the first place. The same person who made that up also made one up about catching Digimon in Gold, and also this extraordinary one: somehow in Gold, your radio would explode, and you would then fight a trainer called THE CLOUD. He had such "Pokemon" as Christmas Tree, RockBand, Cheddarchu, Mini Cloud, and a green Charizard. If you beat him, he'd say he lost something and ask you to help him get it back. Then he would take you to Muffin Land for a mini-game (all right, somebody has a very active imagination), where you collect 20 muffins in under a minute. Then THE CLOUD would give you his Green Charizard.

Who actually wasted their life thinking these up? It certainly wasn't me. I found these on a user-submission cheat code website. They have long since been declared false and removed from the site.

Prof Oak

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-13 17:40:47

When you drop a game, ANYTHING is possible. Hell, dropping your game might actully cause screwed up trainers! My cousin once dropped his game and when he talked to Prof. Oak, Oak challenged him to a battle.  :o

That is actually impossible, as it is not in the game's programming. That sounds like a PkGod-type rumor. Don't beleive those.

Actually, Prof. Oak is in R/B/Y as a normal trainer and a glitch trainer. I think he is in G/S/C too, but I'm not that sure. (I doubt he is in G/S/C though, and I know that Prof. Oak is not in R/S/E. Fr/Lg, no clue)

Prof Oak

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-13 17:44:59
He is in G/S/C.

Prof Oak

Date: 2007-10-13 18:12:40
I know he is as a charater but a trainer?I seriously have no clue if he is a trainer..

He is in G/S/C.

Prof Oak

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-13 19:04:19
Prof Oak is in there as a trainer type.