Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Freaked Out! Can YOU Feel The Sunshine? - Page 2

Re: Freaked Out! Can YOU Feel The Sunshine?

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-01-13 20:23:08
Sadly turns out that it wasn't a rape scene that the creator saw when he made Giygas. But he thought it was his whole life, and thus Giygas DOES represent rape.
It was actually a murder scene I think.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-01-13 20:55:51
Hmm, I see. Itoi is one messed up game creator, but a smart one at that. He knows how to strike fear into people, just look at those unused MOTHER3 battles.

Date: 2009-01-13 22:23:38
I'm not sure… Those unused Mother 3 battles don't seem that scary. Except that final one where Lucas seemed mindless and blank, that was… A tiny bit disturbing.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-01-14 02:33:26
Oookay…now that I know what a Weegee is, I now pity those who think it's frightening in a drastic measure.

Date: 2009-01-14 19:19:14

Oookay…now that I know what a Weegee is, I now pity those who think it's frightening in a drastic measure.

Seriously, yes?
Weegee isn't scary at all, in fact, I think most of the people on YouTube that say that he is scary are just doing it for fun.

Date: 2009-01-15 17:29:44

I'm not sure… Those unused Mother 3 battles don't seem that scary. Except that final one where Lucas seemed mindless and blank, that was… A tiny bit disturbing.

Which battle, now?
The one with the bloody face and red background?

Date: 2009-01-15 23:35:33

Which battle, now?
The one with the bloody face and red background?

Which unused Mother battle is that? I watched a YouTube video on unused Mother 3 battles and I saw a tree battle, and then a battle with a weird gray thing that morphed into different and slightly disturbing things.

Date: 2009-01-16 16:43:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNx8oPefQs
Look at 3:22.
Surprised you didn't see it somewhere, it's in just about every MOTHER3 'unused enemies' video.

Date: 2009-01-16 20:36:43
Oh! Well yes I saw the exact same video before. I didn't interpret that part to be a 'bloody' face.
I still don't see how it's scary. I found the battle with Giygas in Earthbound to be the most disturbing.

Date: 2009-01-17 18:40:45

Oh! Well yes I saw the exact same video before. I didn't interpret that part to be a 'bloody' face.
I still don't see how it's scary. I found the battle with Giygas in Earthbound to be the most disturbing.

It could've been scarier, you know.

Date: 2009-01-17 22:34:08

It could've been scarier, you know.

Obviously it could have been. But I found the whole "programmer created Giygas from a rape scene" and the "red Giygas fetus" all quite disturbing. But yes, maybe more blood and maybe a dialogue that involves murder or whatever.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-01-18 03:49:21

Claus, not Lucas.

Date: 2009-01-18 11:55:33
Thanks, #1 Master.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-01-19 04:21:44
Butting into your conversation about Giygas, I have some questions.

1. What is Earthbound?
2. How are memes made?
3. Where the heck did Weegee come from?
4. Do you prefer hot chocolate?

Date: 2009-01-19 10:09:19

Butting into your conversation about Giygas, I have some questions.

1. What is Earthbound?
2. How are memes made?
3. Where the heck did Weegee come from?
4. Do you prefer hot chocolate?

1. Earthbound (MOTHER2) is an RPG for the Super Nintendo made in the mid-90's. It's great. It is also a series. Giygas was the final boss for the first two Earthbound games.
2. One fag posts something and another fag decides to post it again.
3. Weegee came from the DOS version of Mario is Missing!, in which the Luigi sprite looked very different from its traditional counterpart. One guy decided to fire up Photoshop and make a drawing based on this guy.
4. Whipped cream, please.