Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Freaked Out! Can YOU Feel The Sunshine? - Page 3

Re: Freaked Out! Can YOU Feel The Sunshine?

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-01-19 10:54:02

Butting into your conversation about Giygas, I have some questions.

1. What is Earthbound?
2. How are memes made?
3. Where the heck did Weegee come from?
4. Do you prefer hot chocolate?

1. Earthbound (MOTHER2) is an RPG for the Super Nintendo made in the mid-90's. It's great. It is also a series. Giygas was the final boss for the first two Earthbound games.
2. One fag posts something and another fag decides to post it again.
3. Weegee came from the DOS version of Mario is Missing!, in which the Luigi sprite looked very different from its traditional counterpart. One guy decided to fire up Photoshop and make a drawing based on this guy.
4. Whipped cream, please.

I prefer hot chocolate.
Also, Weegee was an actual named sprite in the game Mario is Missing! People just abused this and tried to make Weegee as scary as the Tails Doll, but failed on epic porportions, turns out Weegee is more funny than scary. Shoop da Whoop also came out like Weegee did, because some person found a picture of the character Cell (from Dragonball Z), and then MS Painted a large mouth with lips and two eyes facing opposite directions yelling "IMMA' FIRIN' MAH LAZER".
The wonderful world of internet memes can be filled with lulz or absolute failure.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-01-20 03:20:15
Thank you for answering my questions…you are all so kind to me! *sniff*

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-01-22 16:46:13

1. What is Earthbound?
2. How are memes made?

1. Earthbound (MOTHER2) is an RPG for the Super Nintendo made in the mid-90's. It's great. It is also a series. Giygas was the final boss for the first two Earthbound games.
3. Weegee came from the DOS version of Mario is Missing!, in which the Luigi sprite looked very different from its traditional counterpart. One guy decided to fire up Photoshop and make a drawing based on this guy.

! People just abused this and tried to make Weegee as scary as the Tails Doll, but failed on epic porportions, turns out Weegee is more funny than scary. Shoop da Whoop also came out like Weegee did, because some person found a picture of the character Cell (from Dragonball Z), and then MS Painted a large mouth with lips and two eyes facing opposite directions yelling "IMMA' FIRIN' MAH LAZER".
The wonderful world of internet memes can be filled with lulz or absolute failure.

These actually weren't failures, they were originally intended to be lulzy, and not scary. Weegee is only funny because he is portrayed as creepy.

Date: 2009-01-22 18:48:23

1. What is Earthbound?
2. How are memes made?

! People just abused this and tried to make Weegee as scary as the Tails Doll, but failed on epic porportions, turns out Weegee is more funny than scary. Shoop da Whoop also came out like Weegee did, because some person found a picture of the character Cell (from Dragonball Z), and then MS Painted a large mouth with lips and two eyes facing opposite directions yelling "IMMA' FIRIN' MAH LAZER".

These actually weren't failures, they were originally intended to be lulzy, and not scary. Weegee is only funny because he is portrayed as creepy.

I never called the Tails Doll, Weegee, or Shoop da Whoop fail! I was just saying that SOME memes can be fail.
And by the way, Weegee is ALSO funny because people paste him into awesome and/or funny pictures, making them overflow with win.

Date: 2009-01-22 20:18:50
Oh. I misunderstood.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-01-23 04:13:30
Again, thank you for widening my horizons of knowledge.

Weegee was intended to be lulzy and then became creepy right?
Why the heck is he in sex scene memes?

Date: 2009-01-23 23:22:26

Say what?

Date: 2009-01-25 13:36:34

Again, thank you for widening my horizons of knowledge.

Weegee was intended to be lulzy and then became creepy right?

What? Sex scenes??
Weegee shouldn't be so degraded.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-25 15:38:05
This topic be derailed, please get a crane and pick up the cars.

Date: 2009-01-25 17:57:34
Yes sir.

So the Tails Doll is similar to Weegee and Giygas, but what strikes me as odd is why people actually believe in him.

Date: 2009-02-03 17:53:08
Because some people are idiots and actually believe in a doll recreated from a furry little fox.
Some people believe in Giygas and even Weegee, which I find even more idiotic.
It is fun to believe in Weegee though, the laughs are epic.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-03 18:17:00

….the TAILS DOLL!!!

*omggasp*

But seriously, I think the Tails Doll is overrated as a monster-type thing. The first time I saw the thing, I thought it was just kind of weird at first. Not very scary. Possibly even cute. But these Sonic fanatics portray the guy as a satanic little devil and make up ridiculous stories about how they met the Tails Doll and it slit their throat and/or their friends throat.

Although, on a lighter note, I find the stories quite entertaining and comedic more than anything. To think of a doll possessing and killing people is quite a laugh.

By the way,
[spoiler]SHLUUUUMPY[/spoiler]

It looks creepy even in Sonic R. That blank stare. The limp body when it loses. Uber creepy, Not  scary such as Satanic dolls like Chucky but just plain creepy. Kind of like how that lawn Gnome accross the street looks creepy when you stare into its lifeless vacant eyes for five minutes straight. (the way he smiles just makes you want to avoid looking at him.) It doesn't have to be Satanic to be creepy, it just has to hover around to creep me out. Regardless it is still cool to look at even if it is creepy. (then again real Tails is Creepy because he is a freaking two tailed freak of nature. Amy Rose is Creepy because she is a stalker. Shadow is creepy….ummm well just because he's Shadow.) Even if Tails Doll is a little creepy doesn't mean I'll run screaming when I see him.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-02-03 21:49:57

Did you call me what I think you just called me?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-03 22:06:36

I'm not sure… Those unused Mother 3 battles don't seem that scary. Except that final one where Lucas seemed mindless and blank, that was… A tiny bit disturbing.

What are you talking about? That isn't nearly as disturbing as the Naked Claus battle sprite.XD
The one you mentioned was still disturbing though.

Date: 2009-02-04 20:49:38
Tails Doll isn't really that scary at all. Just some people have Tails-Doll-o-phobia.
Earthbound seems like a light-hearted game, but some of the battles are just twisted. Especially Giygas and that removed Mother 3 boss.