Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Religion - Page 3

Re: Religion

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2009-06-07 01:13:33
I think you mistake 'Inherently better' for meaning smarter, which if my dictionary is correct, it does not mean.

It just means you have a better grasp of reality than everyone else and thus, are actualy living in the moment and not preoccupied with massive loads of bullshit from other people. (Not you specificaly, just everyone in general)

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-06-22 18:22:33
Where's the Confucianism button?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-06-23 17:18:47
There's one now. Feel free to click on it.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-07-16 14:02:40
I voted agnostic because at the moment I don't belong to any religion. Though I lean more towards Buddhism and Confucianism.

I do believe in a god. I do not, however, believe that God is a big white man with a beard sitting on top of the clouds.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-16 14:22:45
Blasphomy!

Just kiddding.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-10 11:38:49
As of right now, I'm an atheist :P
I don't believe in God or whatever at all.
Nobody is gonna like….save me, but myself. Not some god :P
Blah

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2010-06-10 15:55:52
This pretty much sums up what I belive in a nutshell. I'm spiritual, but not religious.

I believe there is a supreme being, but I do not believe that this being intervenes in our lives. I think something created the universe, because it's way too complex to just have randomly happened, but I don't believe that there is some moral code you have to live your life by. You make your own moral code and if you can't abide by it that's your own fault, not some devil's. I don't hate religion though. If more people were kind and loving like most religions teach their followers to be, our earth would be a better place. I do think people do bad things, and "sin", if you will. I'm just not sold on the idea of a heaven or a hell. I mean, I'd like to imagine that good people are rewarded and the evil are punished in the end, but that may just be fairy tale talk.

I do know one thing for sure though: "If there is no God, man would create one for himself."

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-08-25 08:31:41
Atheist. Not only do I not buy that there's a bearded man on a cloud that makes rain as opposed to the water cycle, but..being Christian…there really are few good examples of Christians. The Ten Commandments say, "Thou shalt not kill," but there are wars worldwide in which Christians are fighting, and indeed killing. Back hundreds of years ago, it was widely believed that God spoke through the Pope. But Jesus is God, if I'm not wrong, and if the Pope truly were acting on God's will, why are the halls of the Vatican still lined with gold when half, if not more, of the world's population is starving/living in poverty? I know for sure that if Jesus ran the Church, or even if Church officials tried to live like Jesus as they SHOULD be, then the world would work out a whole lot better.

Posted by: 46664
Date: 2011-11-11 16:34:14
I'm a Christian.

Yes, many Christians have lost their path and are pretty confused.  Interesting you bring up war, because God has helped alongside certain wars to keep a nation that keeps his word.  Don't expect to find someone to be a new Jesus.  Nobody is perfect.  Jesus will return.  Anywho, I hate how atheists (some of them) say that what I say in response to something is void because they think I'm wrong or crazy.  There's nothing crazy about believing in God. 

I personally don't believe in war if the cause isn't necessary.  If our country got invaded, then sure we should defend.  Honestly, I would rather take my own life than take someone else's, even if it was Hitler.

Anywho, modern day Christians have become pretty bad about what they do, because they become hypocrites to their beliefs.  I've heard Christians curse.  I've seen them gossip.  Some of them think it's alright to be homosexual. 

Another issue is that the U.S. is trying to eliminate Christianity and at the same time support other religions.  They will put a Christian in the fire, but will pull out a Buddhist or Muslim.  Apparently, us Christians are the worst people.  They must think we are scum or something.

Posted by: FullMetalGlitch
Date: 2011-11-11 18:37:07
^Necropost, FFFUUUU-

In all reality, I am an atheist, but as a former Christian, I see a lot of your viewpoints.

And messing with one religion just because they aren't…fond of our ideals?

The U.S. government fails.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-11-11 19:09:38
^Lolsame. I'm actually forced to go to the church. :S

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2011-11-12 20:00:30
I'm was an christian but now I'm an athiest. Though, I didn't go directly from Christian to Athiest.

I first went from being Christian to being a non-religous theist. I found out that everything I thought Christian's believed in was wrong. I was disillusioned and thus, stopped believeing in it.

I still believed in god, but I stop believing in the devil, the afterlife and everything else the preachers told me.

Then, I looked up some stuff and thought I wanted to be a Buddist but after looking into it I realised it wasn't really what I believed in. Then I did some pondering and I started to question god's existence. I got to this point where I didn't know whether I should play it safe and say 'I don't know' or just say 'no'. 

So, now I'm an Athiest. Because I found that I can't just shrug questions away, I needed to take a stand. And god really didn't make a lick of sense to me, so that's how I got to where I am.

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-09-25 19:27:50

Where's the multitheist button?

Umm… multiple religions?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-09-26 03:56:39

Where's the multitheist button?

Umm… multiple religions?

Multiple religions is different than multitheism, which would be a single religious belief of multiple deities.

Also you might want to be careful about necroposting, I don't mind because I'm an advocate for getting rid of the rule in this activity slump, but other mods may have differing views.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-10-04 07:45:58

Eh, agnostic simply because too many religions have really pissed me off and I see no reason to throw my beliefs behind something I don't control. Respectively, I've seen to many atheist's be full out ass holes by trying to convert people to there empty void of nothingness. Best remove myself from the bickering and go agnostic.
Although, just to add to the confusion, I go to a catholic school. [size=1pt]I also love it there. No nuns smacking kids with rulers. Much more liberal Catholic school. Not actually tied to the local church at all. [/size]

Pretty much me too. I go to a catholic school and I am really confused. Do I pick one, stick with Catholicism? Christianity? Buddhism? FSMism? Agnosticism? The 4957293739 I haven't heard of?