Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Pokemon stop date? - Page 3

Re: Pokemon stop date?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-08-15 10:59:17

I certainly hope the anime ends soon.

Same here, but I reckon the games should carry on a little longer, although NO MORE NEW POKEMON.

Yeah, Red and green and gold and silver series were good for me. Newer generations suck.
The older generations were great, not real freaky pokemon that were made on the last second, everything in the games wasn't about pokemon and the game had plenty of glitches and mysteries.
Now they just suck. Eveyone on the game is like "Pokemon this. Pokemon that." and every building has to be involved in pokemon. and when someone gets into trouble it's like. "GRR YOU'RE GONNA TAKE AWAY THE OCEAN TEAM MAGMA, RAH RAH RAH!! YOU"LL MAKE THE POKEMON LOSE HOMES!! I'LL STOP YOU WIHT A POKEMON BATTLE, BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!" that sucks, although I thought Colosseum was good. And Pokemon Channel, What the f**k?! "Hey let's teach Pikachu to watch TV." Yeah I honestly think Pikachu should watch TV. PFF Yeah right. If no-one sensed sarcasm in that they ought to punch themselves in the face.
WHo thinks Pocketmonsters should watch TV?

The stupid Nintendo people don't want glitches, we should stop them…

Yes. F**K Them!

well, uh, obviously they don't want bugs in the final versions of their games. :-/

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-08-15 11:44:20

I certainly hope the anime ends soon.

Same here, but I reckon the games should carry on a little longer, although NO MORE NEW POKEMON.

Yeah, Red and green and gold and silver series were good for me. Newer generations suck.
The older generations were great, not real freaky pokemon that were made on the last second, everything in the games wasn't about pokemon and the game had plenty of glitches and mysteries.
Now they just suck. Eveyone on the game is like "Pokemon this. Pokemon that." and every building has to be involved in pokemon. and when someone gets into trouble it's like. "GRR YOU'RE GONNA TAKE AWAY THE OCEAN TEAM MAGMA, RAH RAH RAH!! YOU"LL MAKE THE POKEMON LOSE HOMES!! I'LL STOP YOU WIHT A POKEMON BATTLE, BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!" that sucks, although I thought Colosseum was good. And Pokemon Channel, What the f**k?! "Hey let's teach Pikachu to watch TV." Yeah I honestly think Pikachu should watch TV. PFF Yeah right. If no-one sensed sarcasm in that they ought to punch themselves in the face.
WHo thinks Pocketmonsters should watch TV?

The stupid Nintendo people don't want glitches, we should stop them…

Yes. F**K Them!

well, uh, obviously they don't want bugs in the final versions of their games. :-/

No offense, but how long did it take you to figure that out? Sorry.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-08-15 17:20:01
No, it's common sense. You don't want bugs in the final release of your software. No one should "want" Game Freak to intentionally code poorly and leave in loopholes big enough to drive a truck through.

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-08-15 17:25:14
Anyway, finding glitches is not about he programmers putting the glitches in, like Abwayax said, common sense, it is finding the glitches yourself in the game and submitting them to gcl, or if that's what any of the members here normally do.

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-08-16 12:12:34
Of course glitches are bad, and for the love of God, I know!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-05 15:23:45

I have something to say about this. AS LONG AS IT IS REMEMBERED, EVEN AFTER PEOPLE STOP PLAYING THE GAMES,POKEMON WILL LIVE FOREVER IN THE HEARTS OF ITS FANS. AND THEY WILL TELL THEIR KIDS ABOUT IT, AND THOSE KIDS WILL TELL THEIR KIDS ABOUT IT, AND MAYBE WITH A LITTLE LUCK, POKEMON WILL BE REBORN AGAIN IN A NEW GENERATION OF FANS! AS FOR ME, I WILL CONTINUE TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT IT AND SPREADING THE FANDOM AROUND, AND I WILL LIKE IT AND REMEMBER IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! AFTER THAT, WHO KNOWS? MAYBE I WILL HAVE REAL POKEMON IN HEAVEN SOMEDAY. AND SO, THE JOURNEY INTO THE AMAZING POKEMON WORLD CONTINUES………

*sniff*   :'(    I never knew I could write something so touching…….

nice, man…nice…Well as long as there are fans like that, we can assure that it doesn't fall! :D

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-09-05 19:03:31
You need to start capitalizing at the start of the sentence not at the middle, hence you capitalized "Well" instead of "nice".

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-07 14:48:22
I think the anime is due to end, to be honest, or at the very least to move on to a new main character. The older chars can still show up every now and then, but it feels like someone new should take charge.

Maybe they could do a series based on the GC Shadow Pokemon games. Those two games actually have plots, unlike most Pokemon games. Ash thinks he's so tough, but he wouldn't last five seconds in Orre XP.

I happen to like Pokemon Snap, though I rarely play it now :P. It was my first N64 game. Pokemon Puzzle League's fun too, even if it doesn't have much of anything to do with Pokemon.

The game series still has plenty of life in it, and while new series keep coming out, new Pokemon will come out as well, that's a simple fact. If you don't like them, don't use them, but it won't be enough to stop you from getting the new game anyway. 

The focus-on-nothing-but-Pokemon thing is annoying, but that's always been part of the anime and games of Pokemon.

As a side note, I'd like to see the next games let you fuse certain Pokemon together, like Pokemon with similar evolutions, types, etc. I prefer new evos of old Pokemon over all-together new Pokemon anyway. Or maybe "dark" evolutions of Pokemon, kinda like the "Dark Raichu" of the Team Rocket expansion of the trading card series, where the Pokemon aren't mutated, just changed a bit and being able to learn different moves, higher attack stats VS lower defense stats, that kind of thing. 

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-13 20:41:14

You need to start capitalizing at the start of the sentence not at the middle, hence you capitalized "Well" instead of "nice".

Suck-up..haha before you became a global mod you did that :P

ANYWAY
I think Pokemon will die out sometime
Its like old bands they die out but people still listen to them.
I think D+P Pokemon is ENOUGH!
I mean Im not bothering to buy D+P only for glitching it up mostly.
I thought R/S/E was enough but noooo

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-14 15:11:37

I think the anime is due to end, to be honest, or at the very least to move on to a new main character. The older chars can still show up every now and then, but it feels like someone new should take charge.

Maybe they could do a series based on the GC Shadow Pokemon games. Those two games actually have plots, unlike most Pokemon games. Ash thinks he's so tough, but he wouldn't last five seconds in Orre XP.

I happen to like Pokemon Snap, though I rarely play it now :P. It was my first N64 game. Pokemon Puzzle League's fun too, even if it doesn't have much of anything to do with Pokemon.

The game series still has plenty of life in it, and while new series keep coming out, new Pokemon will come out as well, that's a simple fact. If you don't like them, don't use them, but it won't be enough to stop you from getting the new game anyway. 

The focus-on-nothing-but-Pokemon thing is annoying, but that's always been part of the anime and games of Pokemon.

As a side note, I'd like to see the next games let you fuse certain Pokemon together, like Pokemon with similar evolutions, types, etc. I prefer new evos of old Pokemon over all-together new Pokemon anyway. Or maybe "dark" evolutions of Pokemon, kinda like the "Dark Raichu" of the Team Rocket expansion of the trading card series, where the Pokemon aren't mutated, just changed a bit and being able to learn different moves, higher attack stats VS lower defense stats, that kind of thing.  

They do need a new main character don't they?

Date: 2007-10-20 08:27:23
I bet even Nintendo might not like the PkMn anime, but as long as it promotes the franchise, I don't see it going :-\ :(.

Date: 2007-10-20 11:38:12

I bet even Nintendo might not like the PkMn anime, but as long as it promotes the franchise, I don't see it going :-\ :(.

If Nintendo has made so many games of PkMn, why would they not lke it?

Date: 2007-10-20 13:54:57
Even IF Nintendo doesn't like it, which may be possible, they would continue it for money.

Date: 2007-10-20 14:37:13

Even IF Nintendo doesn't like it, which may be possible, they would continue it for money.

I guess.

erm please try NOT posting 2 word sentence post thingies…thanks -SCf3

Date: 2007-10-20 14:41:10
Back on topic, I don't think there'll be a stop date anytime soon, as now PkMn is more popular than ever (I'm pretty sure anyway) and they have made tons of new stuff. More TCG expansions, more TV episodes, the TFG, D/P…