Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games

Pokemon GCL Version. - Page 1

Pokemon GCL Version.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-01-11 13:00:28

Re: Pokemon GCL Version.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-01-11 17:16:06
a GSC remake that has different towns, routes, evil team, trainers and storyline? I don't quite see how that works but I'm in!

Date: 2007-01-11 17:54:53
Well a GSC would have different towns, routes, evil team, trainers and storyline compaired to Ruby or FireRed

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-01-12 00:04:01
Personally I'd go for a G/S/C hack, but meh.

Hey… whatever happened to that hacking team I happened to be a part of? "Crash and Burn ROM Hacking" or something like that? Because this sounds like a team effort.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-01-15 09:42:23
this seems fun!!
=] Im in! spriting is such fun work!

Date: 2007-01-15 15:05:35
Thats good.
So we now have…3 members of the RGCLHSOJ (Random GCL Hacking Society of Jam)

Date: 2007-01-15 16:49:27
I liked Crash and Burn better.

And no, we're not doing a G/S/C remake.

Date: 2007-01-15 17:18:55
No we are not making one, it was a suggestion
And the name is unknown. I invented RGCLHSOJ on the spot.

Date: 2007-01-15 18:55:27
Another suggestion

Would it be better to program it from the ground up instead of simply hacking?

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-01-16 15:54:56
Well, if we make our own game from the ground up, my Battle Simulator can be used as the battle engine. It'll still need a map engine, though. I was planning to make one later, but you know how I am about projects…

Oh, and if we use Java and my Battle Simulator, we can make it an applet and make it playable on the site without needing people to download it. That would be a great way to attract people to the site.

Date: 2007-01-16 18:12:02
I'm working on a full-fledged Pokemon game engine in (what else?) Java.

I could also work on an applet version of GlitchBattle once there's a stable, reliable version out.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-01-17 12:03:07
A Pok?mon/Glitches RPG game would be an awesome thing to add to the site, and Abwayax and I could work together on it. It needs to be more than just a Pok?mon game with Glitch Pok?mon in it; it needs to have some sort of gimmick, like the ability to use well-known R/B/Y game glitches in it or something. And we need a good backstory for the glitches… here's what I'm thinking:

A team of researchers develops a device that can alter the fabric of space and time, but it is unstable, and it opens portals to another dimension from which strange Pok?mon appear. These Pok?mon are "Glitches", which look like normal creatures in their dimension but look like a scrambled mess in ours. The researchers realize that these creatures have powers beyond those of normal Pok?mon, and so they organize a team of elite Pok?mon trainers to capture the Glitches and keep them out of the hands of *insert evil team name here*. This team of elite trainers is known as the Super Glitch Alliance. (Yes, I was looking for an excuse to use my SGA logo again…) The trainers must use strange methods *coughdittotrickcough* to activate the portals and find Glitch Pok?mon before the evil team does.

We can work on the story some, but this is just my first attempt at one. I think this could finally bring some life back to GCL if we do it right. You can add me to the project staff list as a programmer and story designer.

Date: 2007-01-17 14:01:52
I had an entire backstory for glitches as part of the Glitch Wars fanfic series.

Edit: Concerning an RPG on the site: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,785.msg12325.html#new

Date: 2007-01-18 12:35:32
Well, I love the idea. It may make it easier if we do just start from scratch

BUT…
Abwayax and I could work together on it.

Where does that leave us…. ???

Date: 2007-01-18 13:57:53
Programmers aren't necessarily the only members of a development team. We'd find a use for you yet, Newo. :)