Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Fun facts - Page 2

Re: Fun facts

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-01-16 14:17:49
I know it flies, but come on. Ground/Flying is an EXTREMELY bizarre type combination. The two types clash with each other EXACTLY.

On another note, Bulbasaur has the strongest overall possible stats in R/B/Y of the starters when it reaches its last evolution.

Shuckle has some of the worst stats of all Pokemon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-16 14:20:06

I know it flies, but come on. Ground/Flying is an EXTREMELY bizarre type combination. The two types clash with each other EXACTLY.

On another note, Bulbasaur has the strongest overall possible stats in R/B/Y of the starters when it reaches its last evolution.

Shuckle has some of the worst stats of all Pokemon.
Actually Shuckle is one of the highest  :-\. And

…is this the right topic for complaining about Pokemon types?

Date: 2008-01-16 14:22:50
Shuckle is only a defensive Pokemon. He has virtually no attack capabilities, and I believe he is also the slowest Pokemon ever created.

Let me think… The Pokemon with the worst possible max stats in R/B/Y was Weedle. If I remember right…

Date: 2008-01-16 14:24:08

Shuckle is only a defensive Pokemon. He has virtually no attack capabilities, and I believe he is also the slowest Pokemon ever created.
True, but his total is still 545, which is almot right up there with the legendary trios at 580.

AND a we plase get back on topic?!!!

Date: 2008-01-16 14:45:41
Pinsir cannot learn Bind in R/B. There's also an attack that Scyther can't use in R/B, but I'm not sure what it is. I think it is Slash or some attack like that.

Date: 2008-01-16 14:50:44
17. In Red, Blue and Yellow, there was, however, only one Dragon move, Dragon Rage, which deals set damage so in fact, Dragon's weakness to Dragon never actually came into account.
I find this one vEry interesting.

Date: 2008-01-16 15:03:07
Strangely enough, Ghost and Dragon are both weak to themselves.

Also, quite a few types deal average damage to a Pokemon of the same type.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-01-16 20:19:11
Rampardos can't learn skull bash
I could name some pokedex entry things if any body wants.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-01-17 10:23:29

Yeah, but that's probably because Skull Bash is badly named. It should really be "Shell Bash", as it's description is something along the lines of "tucks in the head, then attacks the next turn", & you can't imagine Squirtle having a head harder than most others. Then again, Sharpedo learns it in DP, which can't really have much of an explanation, so…

Posted by: blax8192
Date: 2008-01-25 22:03:30
alot of pokedex entries have bad info, like saying that scyther/scizor(can't remember which) rarely(bit it does, it says so)spreads it's wings to fly, this is bs, you can't teach them fly in any gen in any game, and if tyranitar makes people have to redraw maps after it rampages, howcome a fairly well trained…something that spits out water, kill it in one hit, I can go on and on, dratini, also a well known pokemon that can fly as seen in the anime and in the pokedex, oh wait, no it can't, only on tv, the whole only on tv thing is why kids jump off garages and roof =P
I'm going to stop now cuz it says fun facts and I don't think mine are fun, i'm a sarcastic person, get used to it =P

Date: 2008-01-26 08:11:06

alot of pokedex entries have bad info, like saying that scyther/scizor(can't remember which) rarely(bit it does, it says so)spreads it's wings to fly, this is bs, you can't teach them fly in any gen in any game, and if tyranitar makes people have to redraw maps after it rampages, howcome a fairly well trained…something that spits out water, kill it in one hit, I can go on and on, dratini, also a well known pokemon that can fly as seen in the anime and in the pokedex, oh wait, no it can't, only on tv, the whole only on tv thing is why kids jump off garages and roof =P
I'm going to stop now cuz it says fun facts and I don't think mine are fun, i'm a sarcastic person, get used to it =P
Not BS, but just conflicts with their moveset. And the reason extremely…tyrannic PkMn like Tyranitar never make appearances to destroy stuff, it's because in the games nobody has them (as stupid as it sounds) and if you catch one it just…well, he game doesn't have stuff like that.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-02-01 21:38:08

Yeah, but that's probably because Skull Bash is badly named. It should really be "Shell Bash", as it's description is something along the lines of "tucks in the head, then attacks the next turn", & you can't imagine Squirtle having a head harder than most others. Then again, Sharpedo learns it in DP, which can't really have much of an explanation, so…

O_o What are you talking about? There are tons of pokemon that can learn skull bash (well, not in the newer games but still…) and they don't have a shell.

Oh and too that other guy. Dratini doesn't fly. Dragonair flies. But in any case why are you just pointing out that that pokemon can fly? Tons of pokemon can fly so what's the big deal?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-08 21:11:04
I find it bizaare that an Azumarill's gender might change upon evolution (due to the different gender ratios) O_o

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-08 21:32:16

I find it bizaare that an Azumarill's gender might change upon evolution (due to the different gender ratios) O_o

I never ever knew that!

Date: 2008-02-08 22:38:42

I never ever knew that!

Wow. A sex-changing Pokemon. Never though I'd see that happen.