Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Fun facts - Page 6

Re: Fun facts

Posted by: Deokishisu
Date: 2008-03-28 22:17:36
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but in the 1st Pokemon season, Bulbasaur uses Whirlwind on a Venonat in the Koga ninja gym place.
Unusual.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-03-29 01:10:05
yup, someone already said that.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-30 13:17:30
Betas!

Some beta facts:
-Shellos and Gastrodon were originally supposed to be in R/S/E.
-Professor Oak would like to battle you.
-There used to be text for Trainer battles in R/B/Y that said "The <trainer> would like to battle." However, this would have caused with grammatical problems with Gym Leaders apparently (as in "The Brock" or "The Misty."

By the way…
"Interestingly, the dub of Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing, (which can admittedly be considered pretty non-canonical), has the narrator saying

"Well, here we are at the Cerulean Gym, where love is in the air. A love so true and so powerful that nothing can stop it. No, this love isn't between Misty and Tracey, this love is not even between two people.""

LOL

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-30 13:35:30

-Professor Oak would like to battle you.

01E259D0
01015DD0

or

01E259D0
01025DD0

or

01E259D0
01035DD0

Speaking of betas, there are a couple zillion beta maps in G/S, including the Safari Zone. <_<

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-03-30 15:18:25

Kangaskhan hatches from its egg with the newborn in its pouch. Has it ever been established what the hell is up with that thing?

I always knew that Kangaskhan was a mom to begin with.
(NOT)
Umm…it's always female…

"it" is the standard pronoun for all Pokemon, regardless of gender.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-30 17:15:16
Not necessarily. I don't think the gender ALWAYS changes. It's just sometimes it does.

Date: 2008-03-30 19:20:48
Hm, if there was a male Kirlia….did it look GAY?

Hm, there's still a skirt. Hurrah…

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-03-31 15:39:47

Kangaskhan hatches from its egg with the newborn in its pouch. Has it ever been established what the hell is up with that thing?

I always knew that Kangaskhan was a mom to begin with.
(NOT)
Umm…it's always female…

"it" is the standard pronoun for all Pokemon, regardless of gender.

I thought "Umm… it's always female" was referring to the fact that Kangaskhan is always female, not the word "it", but I could be wrong.

Voltorbs are confused with pokeballs, though they are like 4 times as big…

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-03-31 16:44:34

Speaking of betas, there are a couple zillion beta maps in G/S, including the Safari Zone. <_<
I can only find two (Safari Zone and North-South Underground path) using GoldMap.

^ they say porygon was created by humans. Was it stated who exactly created it?

In Mystery Dungeon, they say they do not know what a human is. But why is there a friend area there made by humans?
There's also Mewtwo, a Pokemon made by humans.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-31 17:25:38

I can only find two (Safari Zone and North-South Underground path) using GoldMap.

North-South Underground Path isn't beta, you can access it in-game. There are three maps with headers (ie accessible with Goldmap): Safari Zone, Safari Zone gate, and a house in Olivine City. Data exists for a couple dozen other maps, but they don't have headers and are unreferenced by the game (and thus by Goldmap). In Crystal you can also get to Pokecom Center 2F and the trade/battle rooms, but they overwrote Pokecom Center 1F with the standard Pokecenter in the English versions.

I think Porygon was created by Silph Co., but I could be wrong.  :???:

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-31 17:44:08

Voltorbs are confused with pokeballs, though they are like 4 times as big…

Not always.
Some of them are as small as pokeballs.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-31 18:40:51
To anybody who didn't see my above post, PorygonZ is a glitch OMFG.

To be specific, the post that says, "PorygonZ is a glitch Pokemon. OH SHI–."

Date: 2008-04-01 02:29:22
^to my uberly weak n00bness, i do not understand.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-04-01 19:53:05
Perhaps you should show wherein yow Wikipedia articles he thing you try to show us is.

Date: 2008-04-02 00:42:39
Heh.

hm, they say Shaymin and Arceus are still unofficially released. Does that mean they are glitches too? (probably not Shaymin. It's gonna have its own movie)