Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Fun facts - Page 4

Re: Fun facts

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-19 12:19:22
It's weird. Ugh, I'll come back to this later, I've forgot what I was gonna say. ??

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-03-22 11:48:23
Despite all of those, you still can only catch one in a ball normally. (D/P… double wild battles are strange. Somehow, the fact that there are two wild pokemon makes it impossible to catch even one, unless the other is knocked out. Those examples show that two can fit in a pokeball, so why not just throw one to catch both of them, instead of having to knock out one of them?)

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-03-22 12:47:29
Exactly, they've a*sed up there.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-22 20:51:04

alot of pokedex entries have bad info, like saying that scyther/scizor(can't remember which) rarely(bit it does, it says so)spreads it's wings to fly, this is bs, you can't teach them fly in any gen in any game, and if tyranitar makes people have to redraw maps after it rampages, howcome a fairly well trained…something that spits out water, kill it in one hit, I can go on and on, dratini, also a well known pokemon that can fly as seen in the anime and in the pokedex, oh wait, no it can't, only on tv, the whole only on tv thing is why kids jump off garages and roof =P
I'm going to stop now cuz it says fun facts and I don't think mine are fun, i'm a sarcastic person, get used to it =P
The same thing happened with Garchomp.

Did you know that Spoink is said to die when it stops bouncing, but during several points in the anime, Spoink are shown to stop bouncing and not die?

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-03-22 21:10:07
0_o

It said in a pokedex entry that dragonair can fly sometimes. How come it doesn't learn fly? In some movies it DID fly.
Hey,if some pokemon are carnivores,what species do they eat?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-23 07:09:44
Pidgeot eat Magikarp. Otherwise just whatever's around I guess.

Date: 2008-03-23 12:14:23
Certain attacks, like Hidden Power, Shockwave, Dark Pulse, and Silver Wind obviously hit both of the enemy pokemon in a double battle in their animation, but not in their mechanics. I mean, how can a huge shockwave that obviously has to go through both of a pokemon on one side only effect one of them, and how big winds and tornadoes and stuff can decide, "Oh, I'm gonna toss this pokemon around, but leave that one alone," is beyond me.

Date: 2008-03-23 12:34:03
Fire Fang can pierce Wonder Guard.

Example:
You have a Pokemon with Fire Fang and your opponent has a hacked Sableye with Wonder Guard. Use Fire Fang, and it hits!

Also, Poliwhirl was the first-ever created Pokemon.

Date: 2008-03-23 13:57:36
I was pretty sure that Mew was, since according to Bulbapedia it was both applied for trademark and trademarked a few years before Pokemon was! Wonder if they were planning a game specifically for Mew, and it became Pokemon…?

Date: 2008-03-24 00:37:22

Pidgeot eat Magikarp. Otherwise just whatever's around I guess.

Oh yes, I remember that from leaf green.

Date: 2008-03-24 00:59:32

Certain attacks, like Hidden Power, Shockwave, Dark Pulse, and Silver Wind obviously hit both of the enemy pokemon in a double battle in their animation, but not in their mechanics. I mean, how can a huge shockwave that obviously has to go through both of a pokemon on one side only effect one of them, and how big winds and tornadoes and stuff can decide, "Oh, I'm gonna toss this pokemon around, but leave that one alone," is beyond me.

Shockwave appeared to (and actually does) only hit one Pokemon in R/S/E.

Answer: Ground Pokemon xD.

Date: 2008-03-24 01:00:22

I was pretty sure that Mew was, since according to Bulbapedia it was both applied for trademark and trademarked a few years before Pokemon was! Wonder if they were planning a game specifically for Mew, and it became Pokemon…?

Who knows? Maybe the creator drew a Poliwhirl as a kid, and decided to reuse the creature…?

Date: 2008-03-24 01:02:41

Not sure if this fits, but…
Kangaskhan shows that either a pokeball can hold two pokemon, or the thing in its pouch isn't a pokemon.

In before the ultimate Unown.

Date: 2008-03-24 01:04:25
Glitch: My shedinja had 999 hp after a used a pomeg berry. A normal move hit it and automatically faints (the attacker)

I don't know if this will work w/ you but maybe just random.

Date: 2008-03-24 09:04:03

Glitch: My shedinja had 999 hp after a used a pomeg berry. A normal move hit it and automatically faints (the attacker)

I don't know if this will work w/ you but maybe just random.

Pomeg glitch. Heard of it. :/
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pomeg_glitch
What kind of normal move? A normal-type move or just a plain old move?

How come Pokemon that like the taste of bitter Pokeblocks/Poffins don't like the taste of those bitter herbs?

How come Ash's Charmander learns Flamethrower before it should?

How come Ash's Pikachu has the special privilege of having its Electric moves affect Ground-types?

How come Ash can pick up a 150 lb. Larvitar?

How can Pokemon survive 1 Hit KO attacks without sturdy?

How come May can pick up her 100 kg Munchlax?

How come Ash's Squirtle can dodge Aerial Ace?

How come Ash's Turtwig be affected by Leech Seed?

How come Harley's Banette can be affected by normal moves?

How come Suicune gets more privilege than Raikou and Entei?

How come Pikachu is so overrated? *shot twice*

How come many people are still glitch n00bs?

The answers? Some of them are HERE:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_move_errors
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_physics