Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y announced (Gen 6) - Page 1

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y announced (Gen 6)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-01-08 03:49:58
(original rambling before the livestream){

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=556

Apparently it'll have something to do with the 3DS. I've heard that it's a new game called Pokemon Rainbow that has the setting of the first 4 gens combined into one game, but that sounds a bit made up to me.

Anyone else have any thoughts, or are awake in their timezone?

EDIT: Okay,  I stuffed up daylight savings. But there's a livestream here where the announcement will be made:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html (also one for USA that I can't remember the URL for)

If you've just woken up and they've already made the announcement, you should be able to go to that page and see the video again.

}

3D POKEYMANS
NO RELEASE GAP
FUCK YESFSEFSDFNSDIOFSODREGMPSRMGPDSMRGPOISNRPOGFNJMSPRGFNSPROFJSPFFfffffff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvaoeqNLNtM
The greatest day of my entire life.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcoa2yVCGD1rcp0ogo1_500.jpg[/img]
[size=1pt]But no RSE remake? God dammit[/size]
(Okay I'll calm down now)

Very relieved to hear it's not an MMO as a friend of mine was predicting. Looks like I'll be buying myself a 3DS XL though, which I have no problem with but Nintendo has this thing where if I buy any of their hardware they will immediately come out with an improved revision in at least the following week.

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y announced (Gen 6)

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-01-08 06:55:37
Bulbagarden (@Bulbagarden) tweeted at 6:11 AM on Tue, Jan 08, 2013:
Sorry if you hoped for remakes, but Generation VI has been confirmed. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for the 3DS, worldwide release in October.
(https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/288603769091018752)

NO I FINALLY HAVE TO GET A 3DS f**k MY LIFE

Edit: I just saw the trailer. It looks fucking awesome. And if I buy a used 3DS, I can finally transfer my Pokemon between games and hopefully have all of them on this one. The starters actually look promising.

And lol I thought I was gonna be the first one to make this topic, I was close!
I'm so pumped for this. I like the graphics so far, it's similar to the Pokemon 3D thing I posted about awhile back.

"will mozilla sue pokemoncorp now that they put in a firefox?"

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-01-08 12:36:15
When I saw the colors of X and Y I immediately thought Ruby and Sapphire remakes!! Until I actually watched the trailer. :V I know exactly which Pokemon i'll be starting with once I get my copy of X. ;) But I'm assuming the colors are probably homage to R&S as they turn 10 this year… or maybe they're not related at all. :V Here's more stuffz via the official Pokemon Website:
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us
I'm very glad I decided to buy my 3DS almost a year ago. :3

Date: 2013-01-08 16:23:08
I think I'm gonna go with the Fire starter, but the Water starter is cute too. Not a huge fan of the Grass starter. I really like both of the legendaries, though I think I'm gonna get X. Another hard decision of my life. I guess now I'll have to buy a 3DS (USED because I'm not forking over a ton of money for one) from Gamestop, plus the new Animal Crossing game comes out next year so I have something else to play along with X. And I heard they might make a Super Smash Bros game for 3DS! :D I kinda hope the legendaries names are X and Y, that'd be pretty epic. :)

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2013-01-08 16:32:52
The Grass starter is weird, the Fire is AWESOME and the Water seems cool, hopefully they won't get shitty evos. But looks like the Fire/Fighting chain will be finally broken. :D

I probably won't play it as I'm not really into Poké anymore, and I don't even have a 3DS (and the emulation seems stalled). But I MAY change my mind once it's out.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-01-08 20:43:28
So so so getting this. The battle system, from what it looks like, reminds me of PBR or XD or one of those 3D Wii/Gamecube games.
The only problem that I have is with the overworld. I just hope that Nintendo/Gamefreak can utilize the 3D software effectively. I don't really want a blend of 2D/3D graphics. I wanna see something like XD.

Getting the Fire Starter, as normal.

Date: 2013-01-08 22:15:00
I think the Fire starter will end up as Fire/Psychic, since in the trailer it used a Psychic move against Kirla I believe. I'm so excited, I've never been more excited for a game! I'll probably order a refurbished (better than used) red/black 3DS from Gamestop over the Summer… whenever Animal Crossing comes out. We still have awhile til this game. But I'm pumped to hear more from Cororo, hopefully not too many spoilers.

Date: 2013-01-09 20:32:50
So the legendary Pokemon's names have been revealed at some point today, and they are Xerneas and Yveltal. I guess Yveltal is pronounced like "evealtal". :V Plus according to Bulbapedia this is the first time the English names were released before their Japanese names. But of course these are the first versions that are to be released worldwide on the same date…

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-01-09 21:43:04

So the legendary Pokemon's names have been revealed at some point today, and they are Xerneas and Yveltal. I guess Yveltal is pronounced like "evealtal". :V Plus according to Bulbapedia this is the first time the English names were released before their Japanese names. But of course these are the first versions that are to be released worldwide on the same date…

From the makers of Azarath, Metrion, and Zynthos, comes the new Red Yveltal.

Side effects of Yveltal may include tongue numbness, loss of brain cells, fits of rage of rage, loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, and a bad case of new gen sucks butthurt.

New. Red. Yveltal.

"What you need when Pokemon names sound like pills."

Date: 2013-01-09 22:20:28
Not a fan of the names, because of that I'll probably get X. I'm just gonna name my legends X and Y because I'm so used to calling them that.

Date: 2013-01-09 23:32:57

Side effects of Yveltal may include tongue numbness, loss of brain cells, fits of rage of rage, loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, and a bad case of new gen sucks butthurt.

New. Red. Yveltal.

I love you. <3 xD Yes they do sound like pills don't they? o.O My girlfriend actually helped me with the pronunciation a tad bit as I was having trouble saying Yveltal. :V I'm guessing they sort of sound french too as the game is supposed to take place in a Paris-like region. (Hint hint did anyone else see the Eiffel tower like monument in the background while the male character is running?)

Date: 2013-01-10 11:12:24

New. Red. Yveltal.

I love you. <3 xD Yes they do sound like pills don't they? o.O My girlfriend actually helped me with the pronunciation a tad bit as I was having trouble saying Yveltal. :V I'm guessing they sort of sound french too as the game is supposed to take place in a Paris-like region. (Hint hint did anyone else see the Eiffel tower like monument in the background while the male character is running?)

Yes, did you notice Pikachu was also located in Paris? I'm not a huge fan of the names but I understand that I guess they're supposed to be french sounding. :P I'm really excited for the new region though.
Edit: Just gonna leave this here
http://tinycartridge.com/post/40441119068/no-one-wants-a-fire-fighting-fennekin-before-you

Edit 2: New images released of the two legendaries
[img]http://assets1.pokemon.com/static_fl/media/static/_fl_locales/en-us/img_1_272679719.png[/img]
[img]http://assets1.pokemon.com/static_fl/media/static/_fl_locales/en-us/img_2_84318671.png[/img]

Edit 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMKbht7KPg
^ this is great

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2013-02-17 12:07:58
I'm interested in what the region in Generation 6 will be like. I hear it's based off of France, and I plan to make an RSEFrLg-style region map of it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/CxKVh7N.png[/img]

Anyone think these dome-shaped buildings are related to a villainous team?

Also, stickied the thread to take the place of the older "Generation V confirmed" thread.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-02-19 03:34:36
Well now I just ended up Googling "orb shaped buildings france", so now Google's sysadmins probably think I'm a lunatic conspiracy theorist who thinks that the French government are putting orb-shaped buildings around the place to control people's thoughts or something. I hope you're happy.

Anyways, they don't give off any villainous team vibes to me. Could be just a power station or something.

Posted by: chippy2000
Date: 2013-03-09 07:16:48
Awwww yeah! Just got Paper Mario Sticker Star. Now I regret it…I could of saved up my money to buy the new pokemon gen AND Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon…

It's already on pre-order in game! Time to put a deposit in…