Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y announced (Gen 6) - Page 5

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y announced (Gen 6)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-09-29 15:15:48
I'm reasonably excited for this. :) It'll probably be my main stimulus for buying a 2DS. I'm curious about them Mega Evolutions, but other than that I really haven't kept up with news lately.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-09-29 18:44:13

I'm reasonably excited for this. :) It'll probably be my main stimulus for buying a 2DS. I'm curious about them Mega Evolutions, but other than that I really haven't kept up with news lately.

What about Super smash bros 4?
Oh and welcome back even though I don't think we've met… but yeah…. cats…

Also does anybody know if any information has been released or any speculation about the upcoming online gameplay for pokemon x and y?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-10-02 07:59:42
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kMzBVr6.png[/img]
FUUUUCK TWO MEGA CHARIZARD EVOS

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2013-10-02 10:29:03

FUUUUCK TWO MEGA CHARIZARD EVOS
Badass. Nice to see the new steps being taken with the series.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-10-02 15:09:05
Funfact, X form is Fire/Dragon.

Oh, also:

[img]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191z66i682fb4jpg/ku-medium.jpg[/img]

Date: 2013-10-02 15:20:40

Funfact, X form is Fire/Dragon.

Oh, also:

[img]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191z66i682fb4jpg/ku-medium.jpg[/img]

Have you guys seen the other spoilers on Reddit? Fennekin's final evo was revealed and someone was livestreaming their game today.
Fuck I preordered Y but Charizard X is kinda badass…UGH

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-10-02 15:25:53
There's tons of final evo fakes running around, two look convincing, but they're both done by a deviantart artist (those being Froakie's and Fennekin's final evos)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-10-03 06:03:51

Have you guys seen the other spoilers on Reddit? Fennekin's final evo was revealed and someone was livestreaming their game today.
f**k I preordered Y but Charizard X is kinda badass…UGH

Yeah. I saw it and some other leaked Pokémon when following a thread on NeoGAF. Review copies are out and apparently some retailers in certain countries sold the game early. I feel bad for spoiling myself but also I don't feel so bad because there's still so much about the game that I don't know.

I think it's good that there hasn't been the volume of leaks that Melkor showed before the release of Black/White.

Date: 2013-10-03 09:52:08
The final starter evos… oh god.

Team Froakie for life.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-04 16:05:39
Chespin's final evo looks fucking beast. That spikey cape-shell thing looks awesome even though it looks like a shitty Bowser costume.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-10-04 21:05:21
So… did anybody see the leaked video of the game yet?

Date: 2013-10-06 15:46:15
What's all this shit about only 70 new Pokémon I keep hearing? Is it legit, or is it gonna be like D/P/Pt and there will be a bunch more after the legendaries Dex slots?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-10-06 22:14:47
So, I managed to play the demo of Pokemon XY at the gaming-type expo I went to, and here's a list of exciting things I found out.

- Absolutely nothing that wasn't revealed already

End of list.

The demo was pretty much you run around some area for a few minutes, optionally battling stuff and then when a time is up you go meet Professor Whatshisface to battle against him with a Mewtwo (which mega evolves at the start whether you want to or not). I'm actually grateful for the time limit, because otherwise the Pokemon booth would just be used as a babysitting area for lazy parents (and I would never get to try it). But it was very limited. You couldn't even see the summaries/stats/movesets of any of the Pokemon you get given (Froakie, Sylveon, and Heliwhatsitus all level 30), you have to figure it out when they get sent out. Because there's totally a point to stopping me from knowing Sylveon is a Fairy type. Or whatever stupid goal they were trying to achieve by hardly letting you do anything.
So, long story short, if you ever get the opportunity in the next week to play a demo of the game, don't even bother.

Date: 2013-10-07 16:09:02

What's all this s**t about only 70 new Pokémon I keep hearing? Is it legit, or is it gonna be like D/P/Pt and there will be a bunch more after the legendaries Dex slots?

I'm pretty sure it's legit, and remember there's the mega evolutions too!

I've seen that and a shitton of screenshots. Someone was livestreaming it last week.

Date: 2013-10-07 16:15:27

What's all this s**t about only 70 new Pokémon I keep hearing? Is it legit, or is it gonna be like D/P/Pt and there will be a bunch more after the legendaries Dex slots?

I'm pretty sure it's legit, and remember there's the mega evolutions too!

I've seen that and a shitton of screenshots. Someone was livestreaming it last week.

But Mega Evolutions aren't new, they're just existing Pokémon but stronger and look a little different.