Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion - Page 2

Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-05-08 03:26:42
I already jizzed all over my screen in excitement when I read about this before work this morning. BUT I'LL JIZZ OVER IT AGAIN
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
But anyways.

Neat.jpg

Thank God this game won't have shitty overworld models and instead has B/W/B2/W2 sprites.

>Alpha and Omega.

Why? Those words have nothing to do with any legendary in Gen III.

Sauce on this? Pretty sure the only information that exists right now is the release trailer which tells you that they are Hoenn remakes, are going to be released in November, and pretty much nothing else.

The teaser video says it takes place in "A DRAMATIC NEW WORLD" though.

I mean, it's obviously Hoenn, but… since when does "new" mean 12 years old?

Could be considered new to you dang whippersnappers who weren't born yet when RS came out.
Alternatively, marketing bullshit. Take your pick.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-08 04:06:47
omfg omfg omfg secret bases? I totally forgot about secret bases!!!

And contests too, I LOVED gen 3 contests, every contest type thing after gen 3 really in my opinion was worse than the gen 3 one…

It's been too long since I played gen 3. Mainly because the last time I played Emerald it was to clone the shit out of my L100 Blaziken and migrate them all to HG. (Of course, I now have another L100 Blaziken. That event one from XY release with Speed Boost and Blazikenite.) Thanks for reminding me how much I used to love it.

I really can't wait for the remakes now.

Date: 2014-05-08 04:35:55
I do imagine Secret Bases are going to utilize StreetPass, as might everything else involved with mixing records such as the Dewford Town people. But that's just speculation. My uneducated guessing is based solely on the fact that StreetPass in XY was almost completely useless and this is a good opportunity to make up for it.

On an off-topic but on-meta-topic note: Anyone else seeing a lock icon for this topic when I'm pretty dang sure it's not locked?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-08 05:08:39

Anyone else seeing a lock icon for this topic when I'm pretty dang sure it's not locked?

Nope. Tried Ctrl+F5?

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-08 08:16:33

I already jizzed all over my screen in excitement when I read about this before work this morning. BUT I'LL JIZZ OVER IT AGAIN
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
But anyways.

Neat.jpg

Thank God this game won't have shitty overworld models and instead has B/W/B2/W2 sprites.

>Alpha and Omega.

Why? Those words have nothing to do with any legendary in Gen III.

Sauce on this? Pretty sure the only information that exists right now is the release trailer which tells you that they are Hoenn remakes, are going to be released in November, and pretty much nothing else.

I saw this in the TPP chat.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-08 10:16:33

That might just mean Game Freak aren't making much use of the Nintendo 3DS's autostereoscopic 3D in the game, like how Pokémon X and Y only used it in battles or something. It could still mean that the overworld will use models like in X and Y.

Additionally, Iwata said during a May 8th, Financial Results Briefing that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are 'full remakes' of Ruby and Sapphire, so I doubt they are going to have a completely new plot in a new region, even though the announcement video mentions a 'dramatic new world'.

'New world' might just be analogous with 'different world with upgraded graphics not seen before', and the Game Boy Advance is not supported by the Nintendo 3DS outside of Virtual Console, even though on a technical basis it probably could have emulated Ruby and Sapphire in the same way as the DS if Nintendo decided.

I also thing we should take vague statements with a pinch of salt. Pokémon Platinum was said to "feature a new story full of adventure", but the story was only changed partially from Diamond and Pearl.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-08 11:23:41
I really like the box art.

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-05-08 15:06:13

That might just mean Game Freak aren't making much use of the Nintendo 3DS's autostereoscopic 3D in the game, like how Pokémon X and Y only used it in battles or something. It could still mean that the overworld will use models like in X and Y.

Additionally, Iwata said during a May 8th, Financial Results Briefing that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are 'full remakes' of Ruby and Sapphire, so I doubt they are going to have a completely new plot in a new region, even though the announcement video mentions a 'dramatic new world'.

'New world' might just be analogous with 'different world with upgraded graphics not seen before', and the Game Boy Advance is not supported by the Nintendo 3DS outside of Virtual Console, even though on a technical basis it probably could have emulated Ruby and Sapphire in the same way as the DS if Nintendo decided.

I also thing we should take vague statements with a pinch of salt. Pokémon Platinum was said to "feature a new story full of adventure", but the story was only changed partially from Diamond and Pearl.

It means exactly that, the same was stated for X/Y, the 3D is used only in battles actually, but the graphics and the overworld will be the same, if not slightly better, as X/Y one, it would also make no sense to downgrade to DS graphics.
Anyway, since Gen III is my less favorite region I'm glad for remakes because my main gripe with RSE were the flat colors and graphics, absence of day and night and the fact that they were way too short for me (I don't like Battle Frontier stuff as "post game" and nothing else).

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-05-08 16:06:03
RSEMAKE HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-05-08 18:55:39
Are you ready? I surely am.

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73775541/hoennisready.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-05-09 00:12:21

Anyone else seeing a lock icon for this topic when I'm pretty dang sure it's not locked?

Yep, I have the same thing.

On a side note, I could see them adding a fair bit to the Hoenn region, like, for post-game purposes. That way there'd be more to do after one beats Steven(because screw Wallace). Kinda like a Sevii Islands sorta thing in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-05-09 00:45:52

Yep, I have the same thing.

On a side note, I could see them adding a fair bit to the Hoenn region, like, for post-game purposes. That way there'd be more to do after one beats Steven(because screw Wallace). Kinda like a Sevii Islands sorta thing in FireRed/LeafGreen.

If the Sevii Islands make a return that could be pretty cool. Although I feel they were only in Firered and Leafgreen because of the lack of Gen II Pokémon in both Hoenn and Kanto.

Still was an interesting area, though.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-09 03:04:44
If the Sevii Islands make a return that could be pretty cool.

I've always imagined they could return to a Hoenn remake simply because they seem to be roughly equidistant from Kanto and Hoenn. (Navel Rock and Birth Island are accessible from ports in both regions; Faraway Island is also, well, far away from both).

I think it would be awesome if they gave us the normal seven in addition to the two previously event-exclusive islands. Heck, maybe they could even flesh out those extra beta islands.

Date: 2014-05-09 10:35:49
So I walked past Gametraders (a game store, for those of you not in Australia and can't or choose not to deduce what things are based on their name) on the way from work, and I noticed they were doing pre-orders for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire already.

Now that's great and all, but… really? Am I the only one slightly perturbed by the implication that you can pay for it at this stage where the only information we have is that it exists? It just doesn't seem… right.

Also, the locked topic icon seems to have disappeared, so now my OCD isn't triggered by "oh noes it says it locked but it isn't aasdafagf".

Posted by: Kelvinv
Date: 2014-05-10 10:22:11
I really love the idea that you could use your pokemon (transferred though all those games) that originated in the originals.