Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion - Page 7

Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-11-21 03:36:31
Some soundtracks have been uploaded to Youtube. Most of them are great.

[size=1pt]The legendaries at Mirage Spots use their original themes. Suicune/Entei/Raikou have their Crystal theme (well, GB Sound version). It feels strange to hear 8-bit music from a 3DS.[/size]

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-11-22 08:32:03

[size=1pt]The legendaries at Mirage Spots use their original themes. Suicune/Entei/Raikou have their Crystal theme (well, GB Sound version). It feels strange to hear 8-bit music from a 3DS.[/size]

I've been listening to some of the soundtracks whilst waiting for the 28th and ORAS to release here.

Regarding Suicune/Entei/Raikou's Crystal theme: remember that was in R/S/E(/FR/LG?) too, unused..

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-11-22 12:43:23

I've been listening to some of the soundtracks whilst waiting for the 28th and ORAS to release here.

Regarding Suicune/Entei/Raikou's Crystal theme: remember that was in R/S/E(/FR/LG?) too, unused..

[size=1pt]The unused theme was in R/S/E. But that's already a remix. The one playing in ORAS is from gen 2, when Entei and Raikou still used the wild Pokemon theme.[/size]

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-11-22 20:20:40
So, decision making time: Do I take this shiny Beldum along with me, or is it too overpowered? You can get it almost as soon as you start the game and you get Iron Head and Zen Headbutt on a mon that can just sit there and take hits from anything you happen to be using.

I suppose I might as well keep using it, I have a policy of boxing my starter so it sort of takes over Torchic's role. Just another level to evolve it (I'm at Mauville now, and by the way holy shit Mauville) and I'll have me a Metang. Then things are going to get interesting.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-11-22 20:42:19
So is this as watered down and "babby's first pogeymans" as X/Y?

And is the Battle Frontier in the game?

Both of these things are huge factors for me.

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2014-11-22 21:28:29
[size=8pt](Am I the the only one that feels like the Pokemon games are pretty much all the same difficulty?) Ok fine, Brendan's a little handhold-y. But what do you expect, he thinks you're a newbie kind of like everyone else in the game, SCREW OFF YOU GUYS I'VE BEEN A CHAMPION MORE TIMES THAN YOU KNOW seriously I hate the Winstrate family and their cocky obnoxious a–[/size]

I regret to inform you that (from what I've heard) the Battle Frontier is not in the game. I know, I know. I wanted it too.

Still I recommend getting the game(s) though, especially if you liked Hoenn a lot. The music is absolutely (no pun intended) fantastic. I was looking forward to Verdanturf, Route 113 and the Magma/Aqua Admin themes the most and wasn't disappointed.

Actually, regarding the Battle Frontier, [size=2pt]the "Frontier Brain" theme did get redone. It should still be on YouTube if you want to hear it. I'm not sure if it's used in the games or not though.[/size] I think it might be one of my favorites.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-11-23 00:49:52

So is this as watered down and "babby's first pogeymans" as X/Y?

The difficulty level is a nice challenge, provided you turn the Exp. Share off (it might still be even with it on, but I didn't find out). Currently my team is on the underleveled side and I'm enjoying having to actually think about battles.

Currently up to the Secret Base place on Route 114 and team looks a bit like this:

Kirlia lv 21 Confusion/Teleport/Disarming Voice/Magical Leaf
Shroomish lv 21 Mega Drain/Headbutt/Stun Spore/Leech Seed (probably gonna throw this out the window)
Shedinja lv 22 Shadow Sneak/Thief/Aerial Ace/Hone Claws
Plusle lv 21 Electro Ball/Helping Hand/Volt Switch/Encore
Metang lv 21 Iron Head/Zen Headbutt/Hold Back/Aerial Ace
Zigzagoon lv 5 Charm/Rock Smash/Tail Whip/Cut

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-11-23 01:26:25

Actually, regarding the Battle Frontier, [size=2pt]the "Frontier Brain" theme did get redone. It should still be on YouTube if you want to hear it. I'm not sure if it's used in the games or not though.[/size] I think it might be one of my favorites.

I heard that [size=2pt] the Frontier Brain theme plays when you fight the Battle Chatelaines.[/size]

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2014-11-30 15:25:00
Here's my review, plus a list of minor bugs ;) based on the first 2 days of playing in a factoid format… some spoilers until the 3rd gym

So there's someone on the top floor of Mauville that first freezes the game for about 2 seconds before appearing (just like the infamous ghost in Lumiose), then walks in from the edge of the screen and debuts with "Ehi tu! Libero! Prendi questa!" and gives you a nugget!
(for those not fluent in Italian, he said: "Hey you! Free as in speech! Take this!")  ;D

In the center plaza, someone else gives you a "globe" (most likely a base decoration given the name and it ending up "in the secret PC") without you ever having made a base or even being supposed to know about them (with the two retailers in the Slateport market being faithful to not selling anything to people without Secret Power).

The Itemfinder works the same as in X/Y, but its design is different. I'll leave it up to you to see why I got a good laugh out of it…

As I already mentioned in another post, no indoor places (including caves, etc) AFAI've seen are 1:1 (nor 2:1, given how closer the camera is :P ) with the originals

The new Pokènav is flawed by having the X/Y features as a submenu, so you can't flip through the new ones with L and R…
It also makes the visible PSS state desync if you turn off the networking in-game, go to one of the new apps, click the local/online shortcut button and go online (you can prove that by saving if you have automatic Global Link sync enabled), then returning to the PSS to see that it still believes it's offline! (It would be nice if someone tried to do this with a friend to see how he actually appears to others, BTW)

I've never understood if rematches in R/S and berries in FR/LG operated off some RTC timer, in-game play time, or steps. What's clear is that in this game a trainer becomes available again in a ridiculously short time (I battled the trainer closest to the Dewford cave, circled it to battle a fisherman, by the time I returned to the first one the rematch was already available!!)

The PSS forces you to save more often than X/Y, even after turning that thing off in the options…

No more ADULT ANIME – the catchphrase is the only thing that wasn't upgraded to a (censored) freeform text input. You pick an item you own and a noun from a small preset list…

As for whoever asked about the "Exp All", it DOES feel less blatant than in X/Y: I beat May relatively easily, but this was with a vaguely balanced team as opposed to the essentially effectively-starter-only way I played gen 3 up to that point, I did many rematches -see above- and messed with Super Training for a while, and the stats don't look crazily high (and in X/Y's defense, there were indeed 50 places to visit between the first and second gym…)

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2014-12-01 07:03:17
@Ryccardo I found a minor bug in my game as well – and I don't know if it affects all games, or… just mine. I haven't checked my X file (lolol) yet either, but here's the rundown:

For some reason, when I go to my PC, open my Pokemon boxes and then exit out, for a split second where "Log Out" is, it shows a bunch of numbers in a sequence (1, 2, 3, etc.). It's one of those kind of "once you see it you can't unsee it" things and it's driving me insane. I have no idea why it happens, and if it's even ORAS only, or just my game.

I managed to take a picture of it, but it's kind of low quality, sorry about that. You should still be able to see it and get the idea, though. I actually took a small video of it happening too. In fact, that's how I got the image to begin with. It's of course also pretty low quality since I don't have a way to capture 3DS video.

I hope it's alright that I post it here, seeing as it is the ORAS discussion thread. I don't really feel making a topic just for it is necessary, especially since it's extremely minor. But if you guys would rather I do that, I can.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-01 07:16:26
Nice find. I think I saw the numbers. I think I'll video this too and show it in slow motion. ^^

Edit: Found it. I had to slow my video down significantly.

The screenshot is dark because apparently the game was still in transition from the list of Pokémon.

[img]http://i2.minus.com/iWN4bK0KWqRae.png[/img]

Edit 2: It happens in X too. The same numbers appear replacing Log Out's spot. Organize Items disappears when the numbers appear for me, before coming back shortly.

Date: 2015-01-11 17:02:19
Apparently, route 119 is split into multiple maps which make the Pokènav reset as you cross the border (despite rematches being global for the whole route and the act of crossing not making the "Poke Radar" encounter disappear!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLkHKpGDPI4

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-01-11 17:05:08
Interesting. I'll also record that on my capture device, hopefully I don't encounter any problems on my new operating system. (I got a new laptop recently and it's Windows 8).

Date: 2015-01-11 17:30:20
While you're at it, take a picture of the marquee in shops (at least Mauville's) with the Pokè Ball icon followed by an "X{space}I{diamond}" that is supposed to mean "not available" and indeed disappears in X/Y when you can purchase Balls, but not in these!

Date: 2015-02-11 17:05:13

Nice find. I think I saw the numbers. I think I'll video this too and show it in slow motion. ^^
[…]
Edit 2: It happens in X too. The same numbers appear replacing Log Out's spot. Organize Items disappears when the numbers appear for me, before coming back shortly.

Since I'm selling Y for a discount on the "3DSi", I've transferred every Pokemon with the Bank then screwing around… and a similiar thing happens when you delete a wonder card (the date gets replaced with something/2000): this one lasts a lot longer, about half a second, it's also safe to try if you keep a finger on the power button…