Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C - Page 1

Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-14 19:39:01
This thread is for discussing any theories or ideas you have on possible methods of obtaining the glitch Pok?mon ????? in Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Links of interest
A post on Serebii Forums, translated from Spanish to English, describes a possible method that involves a variation of the "cloning" trick.
Relevant article on Team Rocket's Rockin that investigates ?????.
Trainer House glitches @ TRS has some ????? related stuff

So…

I think it may have something to do with the PC cloning trick. You guys have ideas?

Re: Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-15 20:22:35
Whacked up stuff you got there, to be sure. Although I'm a bit too lazy at the moment to decode the foreign grammar in the Serebii post, so could you give me the jist of G/S/C cloning? I remember reading about disrupting trades a while back, but I doubt that's what's being referred to there.

Either way though, I'm seriously doubting that it's possible to nab these guys without cheating.

Posted by: philip1992
Date: 2006-04-30 22:20:45
It impossable to access these guys without cheating.  :D Like the egg. For example.

Date: 2006-04-30 23:19:19

It impossable to access these guys without cheating.  :D Like the egg. For example.

People used to say that about Mew in R/B/Y.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-05-04 06:18:00

But then we found a way to find mew. the G/S/G missingno is a place holder. think on how to bring a place holder out and you have a way to get missingno 8)

Date: 2006-05-04 06:38:12

But then we found a way to find mew. the G/S/G missingno is a place holder. think on how to bring a place holder out and you have a way to get missingno 8)

Except that it's not Missingno. *sigh*

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2006-05-13 05:27:29
i got a theorie of how getting ????? or the egg.

if you trade advanced glitch (like 'V  or /) in gold , silver or crystal you will obtain a ????? (if your GSC game let you trade) you could try it!

So far…

I traded a PkmnRPkmn in GSC and the game Froze for blue and in gold i receive a Shiny Porygon 2

XD!!!

2. You could try to breed him throught the glitch dimension

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-05-13 05:33:37
S/G/C all have a glitch trap - it frys them

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2006-05-14 00:41:52
so that mean that you will never have a glitch in gold and silver and crystal via trade?

Date: 2006-05-14 01:42:01
We don't know that for sure. pokeglitch86 of TRS thinks he has a way to get by the error trap. But he Brain Boy'd and Gameshark'd his game so badly. :<

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2006-05-27 01:56:38
The only way I know to obtain "??????" is using Gameshark and use "FF" (something like that) and it appers in the wild. He can only use struggle.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-05-29 00:48:13
I am not sure if this will work but ????? is also 00, and they are in the spaces of your pokemon party. There might be some kind of glitch to change the number of pokemon in your party so ????? would be usable.

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2006-05-29 18:41:32
If you catch him and it goes in your P.C, your game freezes [if memory serves right.]

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-05-30 00:29:13
A glitch pokemon wasn't dangerous, but I can't remember the HEX number.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-05-31 03:07:16
Maybe you can equivalent trade a glitch on r/b/y with a hex value of FF to g/s/c
which might produce a ???? because they are hex FF on g/s/c aswell as 00, FD, and FE

Edit:To stop the ZZAZZ glitch instead of find hex FF codes use starter FF codes or have FF in party codes