Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C - Page 2

Re: Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-05-31 03:38:02

Maybe you can equivalent trade a glitch on r/b/y with a hex value of FF to g/s/c
which might produce a ???? because they are hex FF on g/s/c aswell as 00, FD, and FE

Edit:To stop the ZZAZZ glitch instead of find hex FF codes use starter FF codes or have FF in party codes
This has been attempted–Charizard 'M and Q are HEX FF. I tried to trade a Charizard 'M to my Crystal, and the error trap (i.e. "Your friend's Pok?mon appears to be abnormal") prevented me from trading it. It was a good idea, though.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-05-31 03:56:35
Was it ???? when you viewed it's stats?

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-05-31 03:58:29

Was it ???? when you viewed it's stats?

Yes, actually. So you could say that I saw a ?????, even if I didn't actually get it on my Crystal Version.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-09 19:57:03
Hmmm…I think I see a possibility for bypassing the trap, I had once heard a certian code for the gameshark, but I have no gameshark…I heard this code a long time ago when I first started to get intrested in glitches.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-09 20:27:08

Hmmm…I think I see a possibility for bypassing the trap, I had once heard a certian code for the gameshark, but I have no gameshark…I heard this code a long time ago when I first started to get intrested in glitches.

Using Gameshark to bypass the trap is pointless, as you could directly Gameshark the glitch onto G/S/C.

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-09 20:38:27
But what about the glitches unique to a certian version?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-09 20:50:02

But what about the glitches unique to a certian version?

Like what? The glitch can be Gamesharked onto that version.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-10 14:24:56
or this could mean it would have special unique properties that an ordinary ????? would not have? I remember trading an odd clefairy that would perpetually level up even if it gained 1 exp. point.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-06-16 08:25:13

Maybe you can equivalent trade a glitch on r/b/y with a hex value of FF to g/s/c
which might produce a ???? because they are hex FF on g/s/c aswell as 00, FD, and FE

Edit:To stop the ZZAZZ glitch instead of find hex FF codes use starter FF codes or have FF in party codes
This has been attempted–Charizard 'M and Q are HEX FF. I tried to trade a Charizard 'M to my Crystal, and the error trap (i.e. "Your friend's Pok?mon appears to be abnormal") prevented me from trading it. It was a good idea, though.
What about Missingno? (If nobody had already suggested it)

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-16 23:28:20
same. always the error trap. (although I remember hearing of one rare instance when it got traded.)

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-18 19:14:23
What happened before that pokemon got traded? There might be things you have to do before trading to get past the error trap, like with getting Missingno. and the ditto trick.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-06-19 11:11:02

same. always the error trap. (although I remember hearing of one rare instance when it got traded.)
I am just going to figure it out for myself…..

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-07-02 16:47:40
um A bit of info here. the G/S/C error trap only works for glitch pokemon it does NOT work on nonglitch pokemon that have glitch attacks. I dont know what that could do but think of that

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-07-02 20:22:02
um A bit of info here. the G/S/C error trap only works for glitch pokemon it does NOT work on nonglitch pokemon that have glitch attacks. I dont know what that could do but think of that

…eh? I remember trying to trade a Haunter with a few Glitch moves from Red to Crystal and I got the error trap. However, the Haunter may've been an unevolved hybrid, and was counted as a glitch Pok?mon, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-07-03 04:11:39
Has there been an attempt to trade a non hybrid
Ditto with the cooltrainer move to G/S/C?