Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch - Page 2

Re: Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-26 11:14:20
Just gonna slip this in here…

Posted by: jfb1337
Date: 2017-01-26 14:09:10
Will an Arceus caught by this method trigger the HGSS event?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-26 14:21:03

I think there's no reason it shouldn't do as I remember using a hacked Hall of Origin Arceus to access it again after accessing it once with a legit non Hall of Origin event Arceus. Not fully sure though.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-26 16:36:29

I think there's no reason it shouldn't do as I remember using a hacked Hall of Origin Arceus to access it again after accessing it once with a legit non Hall of Origin event Arceus. Not fully sure though.
It WILL trigger the event, even if you already did the event and let you choose one of the 2 that you didn't choose already. You will also get special text, so yeah. Go for it.

Posted by: Deku-Kitty
Date: 2017-01-26 18:39:45
For years they said it was impossible… But the glitch community found a way.

I decided to try this on my old copy of Pearl, but every time I reach the point where you're supposed to load into the Hall of Origin and hit retire my game refuses to load it, thus I'm stuck in the mystery zone. Every other step has worked fine including triggering Oak's conversation and starting Pal Park mode, and I'm pretty dang sure I've done every step correctly, I wrote down each one and checked it off as I went and was meticulous about not messing up steps. So I don't know if my copy of the game isn't cooperating or if I'm just an idiot.

Edit: Got it this time. Not sure what I did wrong before.

Edit 2: I transferred my Arceus to SoulSilver, and I was unable to access the event. I'm assuming it is because that the location obtained is Mystery Zone, and not the Hall of Origin.

But anyway, in a half attempt to vainly try and somehow find the Hall of Origin and half to make my long void trek worth it, I decided to just explore the void and see what events I could trigger with the Retire option.

First Attempt:
- Found a Jubilife City, but Retire did nothing so it was probably a phantom. Or whatever you call that.
- Entered an area that I don't remember, I could have sworn it was a Route but it was probably the Fight area since Retire activated Barry's (Or in my case, Sonic's) Fight area pre battle text. I guess he didn't actually want to fight though, because the game froze after the text finished.

Second Attempt:
- Entered Jubilife TV, Retire activated the Lotto script. Funnily enough the Lotto matched the Staravia I had in my party as an emergency flier, and I got a PP up.
- The area claimed to be Jubilife city but it was the Jubilife Pokemart. Retire triggered the "Potions are what I need the most!" text. This happened twice.
- Another Jubilife City, this time the game decided that it did not need Potions because the game froze upon hitting Retire.

Honestly if it wasn't such a pain to get to this point I'd go all over the void to see what scripts I could trigger with Retire. I may not be able to get Arceus, but no one is going to stop me from having fun in this endless twilight zone!

Posted by: Cryo
Date: 2017-01-27 00:49:10

Honestly if it wasn't such a pain to get to this point I'd go all over the void to see what scripts I could trigger with Retire. I may not be able to get Arceus, but no one is going to stop me from having fun in this endless twilight zone!

Hehe…It's almost ironic how close we are to having a 15-minute method for obtaining Shaymin as well. Try using RETIRE in map ID 399 (Route 224). You'll trigger Oak's dialog for the Shaymin event, but it freezes when attempting to refresh the screen after you enter the name of the person you'd like to thank.

If that freeze didn't happen, you'd be warped to the map index that opens up Seabreak Path, meaning you'd be warped out of the void AND on your way to get Shaymin literally back-to-back. :P

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-01-27 04:27:44
I'm currently experimenting the Arceus in HoO thing in my french diamond, but have some issues. The 11k steps can't be done as I'm pushed back.
I asked Haxel to try also, we'll see what he gets!

Posted by: Bdudesupreme
Date: 2017-01-27 12:44:46
Using the this method will you be able to save in the hall of origin safely before encountering arceus?  I want to know cause itd make shiny hunting so much easier

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-27 14:00:38
No, you can't and shouldn't save in the HoO this way.

However !
This way of encountering Arceus makes it possible to infinitely encounter it. There is a precaution to take, though, but I'll let Cryo say it because he's way better than me.

Posted by: Cryo
Date: 2017-01-27 14:08:51

Using the this method will you be able to save in the hall of origin safely before encountering arceus?  I want to know cause itd make shiny hunting so much easier

Unfortunately, as ISSOtm said,

No, you can't and shouldn't save in the HoO this way.

This is because the Hall of Origin area is only 1 tile large. Yes, saving in the Hall of Origin would cause other Hall of Origin areas to appear in RAM, but they'd be many dozens of thousands of steps away thanks to the newly-updated 1x1 matrix.

It is possible to save during the 1792 S downwards trek for the purposes of shiny hunting though, as others have had success with this. You just have to make sure it's a safe Jubilife City area that you're saving in, otherwise you'll have to start from square 1.

Posted by: Deku-Kitty
Date: 2017-01-27 20:13:22

This is because the Hall of Origin area is only 1 tile large. Yes, saving in the Hall of Origin would cause other Hall of Origin areas to appear in RAM, but they'd be many dozens of thousands of steps away thanks to the newly-updated 1x1 matrix.

It is possible to save during the 1792 S downwards trek for the purposes of shiny hunting though, as others have had success with this. You just have to make sure it's a safe Jubilife City area that you're saving in, otherwise you'll have to start from square 1.

If only it were one square larger, then the Arceus would be registered as being caught in the HoO instead of the Mystery Zone and would count as legal. Argh!!

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-28 00:04:51
"If only the caught location was right!"
Yeah, I'll just be over here in the corner spending some time figuring out hex editing on PPSEDS, don't mind me…

*cough cough*HINT*cough cough hacking fit*

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-28 05:14:14

If only it were one square larger, then the Arceus would be registered as being caught in the HoO instead of the Mystery Zone and would count as legal. Argh!!

There are routes to get HoO Arceus, but they are long and not 100% working. We have trouble especially in French versions, for some reasons…

Posted by: mkdasher
Date: 2017-01-30 18:05:52
Thanks for explaining how void glitch works Cryo! Now everything makes much more sense to me.

The 32 E and 32 W steps before and after the 384 S are to bypass an area that contains map IDs between 176 and 188, which will guarantee a crash when an action that redraws the entire screen (such as exiting a battle or returning from the Pokedex, bag, etc.) is performed.

I'm assuming 1E and 1W would be enough to bypass that area? (And you mean bypassing ID 150?)

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-01-31 14:40:33
Is ACE possible by using the RETIRE option in some maps?