Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch - Page 6

Re: Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-11-30 14:13:00

Thanks!
Also if anyone is interested, I have some topics going like Pokemon that should be real, or fake glitches?, so if these sound interesting please check them out.
The only reason I'm posting this here is to get these potentially awesome topics some attention.

Attention to new topics is already given by the Board Index, which contains a list of all recent activity on the site. I personally have already seen both of these topics.

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2017-11-30 23:52:46
Oh sorry. I am kind of being stupid not to have checked for something like that!
X-O

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-03-25 17:08:13
Did this today, i finally got a legit Arceus. Well, i already had one in Platinum (with Roar of Time, Spacial Rend and Shadow Force at that; it was the event for the Jewel of Life movie), but yeah. I would have loved this as a kid. I'd also like to use this to get Darkrai or Shaymin, but i already AR'd them into my game at the time. Boy i was dumb as a kid. Guess that's what happens when you keep the same save file for 10 years.

Also would there be a way to use Retire on other maps ? Like, just lose to Arceus and you'll be sent to a Pokemon center. From there you can theorically take it anywhere… maybe Shaymin will work then ? And i know that the Hall of Origins can't be accessed without the Azure Flute, but what would happen if you were to use Retire in the Spear Pillar ? This can potentially open for many possibilities, and you can use NCP's to save (since i assume the Explorer Kit doesn't work in Pal Park mode)

Date: 2018-03-25 19:00:54
Your confusing me. I was under the impression that you could get shaymin and darkrai using the void glitch from the same location as arceus. Also asking agai n because I'm not a noob any more, does anyone know how to bypass the invisible wall because my research has been fruitless so far.

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-03-26 11:15:59
You can get them via the same glitch, but only once. I already got them via AR as a kid, so i can't get them via the glitch now.

Also i never tried it in Platinum, but depending on where the invisible wall is located maybe you can just try another path ? Or is it literally impossible to access the Void in Platinum ?

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-04-01 12:48:41

You can get them via the same glitch, but only once. I already got them via AR as a kid, so i can't get them via the glitch now.

Also i never tried it in Platinum, but depending on where the invisible wall is located maybe you can just try another path ? Or is it literally impossible to access the Void in Platinum ?

We have tested all map id's in the entire game and we have a list with all scripts accesible, shaymin and darkrai are script 3, not 4,
so they can't be caught with regular RETIRE but they can be caught with alt-retire theorethicly, even tho that's still harder than the 15 minute route by aera.
Aera had created a route that kicks you out, with the only problem that you can't disable it because entering the pal park house has an autorun script that pushes you into the void and you can't disable it. I modified it to do this autorun before you enter the overworld this way you can disable it at any point as long as you own a gen 3 game. I had a faster route but forgot to save it unfortunatly and can't find it in discord,
but a couple hundred extra steps shouldn't hurt.

1 S
17 W
14 N
574 W
SR
1937 S
19 W
544 S
51 E
256 S
33 W
14 E
64 S
115 E
14 S (Pal Park)
4 S
63 E (Or 64 if you havent been)
177 N (Until Pal Park)
178 S
32 W (autorun script)
5 N
33 E
178 N
211 W
608 N
19 E
320 N
1 W (Pokémon League outrun will push you up a few tiles)
West until kicked out
(Theres actually a mistake in this route wait untill I fix it this evening pls)

We also have no need to be in the overworld at any point to reach map id's with RETIRE because we manipulate them in the void to be whatever we want just like in this route to arceus. We also used RETIRE in hall of origin to get arceus I don't know what you're on about here. Spear pillar has no connection in scripts with hall of origin whatshowever.

Date: 2018-04-04 09:25:28
And that works in Platinum to get Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin? Also where and what must you do and be to get started on this path because I forgot how to start the glitch.
It should work for me though because I do have a gen 3 game and a DS lite which is what you need to use the gen 3 h game to stop it.

Date: 2018-04-18 01:00:40

And that works in Platinum to get Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin? Also where and what must you do and be to get started on this path because I forgot how to start the glitch.
It should work for me though because I do have a gen 3 game and a DS lite which is what you need to use the gen 3 h game to stop it.

You can't use the void in platinum as many people have said here. Noone is going to find a path anytime soon because theres literaly no way to leave the map of the house. I was refering to an other post of him about the RETIRE scripts

Posted by: xylo
Date: 2018-04-19 16:38:40

As far as we know, there is no way to obtain Arceus in Platinum legitimately, as navigating the void is pretty much impossible.

Date: 2018-05-28 20:04:56
That's sucks. Well is there any possibility of another glitch in platinum or does it look pretty clean? I ask these things cause I wouldn't know where to start searching for a new glitch. If anyone finds anything new please tell.

Posted by: SuperSayin
Date: 2018-07-10 12:47:47
Hi guys, is there a way to Catch arceus in the hall of origin in a German version of diamond?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-07-11 03:57:39

That's sucks. Well is there any possibility of another glitch in platinum or does it look pretty clean? I ask these things cause I wouldn't know where to start searching for a new glitch. If anyone finds anything new please tell.

Unfortunately, nothing so far. There have been works on how to use the Cascade Glitch to execute code in Platinum, but it hasn't been conclusive.

Hi guys, is there a way to Catch arceus in the hall of origin in a German version of diamond?

The MKDasher optimized route is not working in french games, but the older route (with 70k steps) that allows the capture of HoO's Arceus works, although it is unstable and may stop working at some point of the game. As far as german games are concerned, I don't know. Please tell us if you try and succeed :)

Date: 2018-07-11 08:16:13
Both german and french have the same address being the same value as an elevator id there, you can bypass it but I forgot the exact steps

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-07-11 14:20:07
I failed to bypass it so if you ever find it out again please tell :D

Posted by: SuperSayin
Date: 2018-07-11 14:56:09
I tried the 73k steps method on my German diamond and it worked, but then i tried to catch multiple arceus and my Game froze at the third one. So i did the glitch again and caught just one, but that worked perfectly.