Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch - Page 7

Re: Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-09-30 06:58:05
Great discovery!  Do any of the paths to Arceus (I know there are at least 2 - one that ends in the Mystery Zone and one that ends in the Hall of Origin) allow me an opportunity to save nearby in order to RNG it?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-09-30 11:36:58

Great discovery!  Do any of the paths to Arceus (I know there are at least 2 - one that ends in the Mystery Zone and one that ends in the Hall of Origin) allow me an opportunity to save nearby in order to RNG it?
RETIRE was soft-resetting it on stream and encountering it roughly once every 20 seconds, so there's no reason you couldn't throw an RNG manip into the process.

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-09-30 12:01:18

RETIRE was soft-resetting it on stream and encountering it roughly once every 20 seconds, so there's no reason you couldn't throw an RNG manip into the process.
Thanks.  Do you happen to know where exactly I can save to RNG it, and which path would be ideal for this purpose?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-09-30 14:02:44

Thanks.  Do you happen to know where exactly I can save to RNG it, and which path would be ideal for this purpose?
I'm not sure. You should probably ask him directly.

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-10-01 09:34:08
Yeah I was runaway encountering it but with wrong warping you could warp to an address between Base+22ADA and Base+41ADA that has a value equal to 510 (01FE, FE01if you search it with a ram editor). This would be Hall Of Origin's map id.

First you'd set up your explorer kit at underflown coordinates to warp you close to it, any outdoor map located 2 bytes or 60 bytes appart would surround the map.

Have a wrong warp setup, that way you dont have to enter the void to wrong warp, bcs save resetting is impossible with the RETIRE menu.

Now you get the menu and die to cynthia (I made a route for this) enter top floor of the pokemoncenter you are at after losing the battle, and wrong warp close to whatever bytes contain 1FE, now you can save reset or rng manip.

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2018-10-02 09:07:50
What if we forgot about trying to use this glitch in Platinum and instead looked for a glitch that would give us items such as the Member's Card? Just an idea.

Posted by: Inkblot
Date: 2020-06-01 13:53:00
I know it has been mentioned above, but having a method to do this that allows saving near the arceus would be really helpful for rng abuse. The current guides are great, and I am pretty sure you could rng abuse with them if you use a very high frame, but it would be more convenient to be somewhat near the arceus, as walking around can cause frame advances and thus you would need a high frame to make sure you don't overshoot your target. Retire mentioned a method using the explorer kit and dying to Cynthia, but I am not sure if there is a proper guide for that yet. But if there isn't, It would suggest that someone make it at some point. Anyway, I just want to thank everyone who is expanding on this, and I really appreciate all you have done so far! I'll be keeping an eye on this stuff and for all the amazing things you guys figure out how to do!

EDIT: I just successfully RNG abused a Timid Shiny Arceus. I used a seed with a frame around 900 to be safe. I was able to Manipulate and catch it as normal. I don't have a pic right now but It can be done!