Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch - Page 5

Re: Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch

Posted by: Pokedude
Date: 2017-11-29 20:33:31
Can you please post a Pokemon Platinum Variation of the Arceus Retire Glitch because I only have Platinum currently and I'm not sure when I'll get Diamond or Pearl.
Btw thanks for figuring out all the technical stuff for glitch!

Date: 2017-11-29 20:53:25
Also how can I utilize this glitch in Platinum to get Shaymin, Darkrai, and Manaphy? If it is impossible than tell me, but tell me the truth.
Thanks Cryo!

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-11-29 21:26:38
Exploiting the void in Platinum is impossible due to an invisible wall.

Date: 2017-11-29 22:02:58
Well is there any other ways of getting Arceus in Platinum without an AR or Hacking my game?

Date: 2017-11-29 22:12:08

Wow, amazing discovery, Cryo! :) Is this for Diamond and Pearl only?

These addresses are for the English versions, correct?

Thanks! The steps will only work with the English editions of Diamond and Pearl, but the steps could definitely be modified to work with Platinum as well as the various languages of each!

Amazing find Cyro! :D Is this your work or did somebody else make the initial discovery? Nevertheless kudos to you.

Ahh thank you! ;w;

But yes, I discovered the new findings utilized in the method (mostly controlled RAM jumping and the RETIRE trick) and crafted the steps to encounter the legit HoO (map ID 510) and battle Arceus.

Do you think there might be a way to bypass the invisible walls by making different steps?

Absolutely! As long as we can encounter our X and/or Y coordinate data in the void, all that would need to be altered are the steps to get there. My exact method in the original post isn't the only way to obtain Arceus though.

In practice, all that matters is the following process:

[li]Obtain the Pal Park menu[/
      [li]Use RETIRE in the Hall of  Origin

Some of the things said in Cryo's post sound as though he believes that it is possible to use in Platinum with a little alerting.
      So if anyone could help figure it out it would be very much appreciated!

Date: 2017-11-29 22:14:18
Sorry about messed up post.
I'm new to this.:-P

Date: 2017-11-29 22:22:56

I think you need to read all the posts on page 1.
Thanks for trying to help though! Any help is appreciated! :D

Date: 2017-11-29 22:31:44
Oh Arceus please make a Turkey pokemon for us!

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-11-30 04:49:43
Can you stop multiposting like that, please?

There is no way to explore the void in Platinum because of walls, but if you cheat with a walk through walls code, you could theorically do it. Otherwise this glitch, as well as catching Shaymin or Darkrai, are D/P exclusive.

Date: 2017-11-30 06:30:36

I think you need to read all the posts on page 1.
Thanks for trying to help though! Any help is appreciated! :D

Cryo was simply demonstrating that it may be possible, should a method to bypass the invisible walls be found. But unfortuantely, such a method has yet to be found, and due to lack of interest, it may not be found anytime soon, if at all. :(

Oh Arceus please make a Turkey pokemon for us!

I understand you are new, but please avoid random posts on unrelated threads.If you wish to have random discussion, please do so on The Member's Guide to Topiclessness. There, you can post discussions on almost anything.

Date: 2017-11-30 07:09:23
Sorry. Was just excited for someone to possibly find a Platinum route so I could get them without waiting to get one of the other games. Also the turkey junk was just because I was kind of tired from staying up all night waiting for a answer.
In all sorry.:(

Date: 2017-11-30 07:13:36
Btw can anyone get a hold of Cryo? He hasn't been online in forever and since he was the one who figured all this out as far as the technical part I was hoping if I could ask him if he could help me find Platinum glitches.
Thank for all the help!

Date: 2017-11-30 07:17:55
Cryo has been inactive for a while. But, he does show up from time to time on The official GCLF Discord

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-11-30 08:55:18

Btw can anyone get a hold of Cryo? He hasn't been online in forever and since he was the one who figured all this out as far as the technical part I was hoping if I could ask him if he could help me find Platinum glitches.
Thank for all the help!

BTW, note that you can edit your posts if you have something to add, instead of making a new one :)

Date: 2017-11-30 12:53:01
Thanks!
Also if anyone is interested, I have some topics going like Pokemon that should be real, or fake glitches?, so if these sound interesting please check them out.
The only reason I'm posting this here is to get these potentially awesome topics some attention.