Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation IV Glitch Discussion

Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch - Page 4

Re: Obtaining Arceus via the Void Glitch

Posted by: Rayquaza911
Date: 2017-06-08 01:43:23
Hello, I've read that using the 73K method to get an Arceus with caught location Hall of Origin, people say you can get as many as you want as long as you encounter the next Arceus in Jubilife. I recently tried this, caught Arceus 1 in HoO, caught the next one in Jubilife, once I encountered the 3rd Arceus in HoO again, after catching it, and not giving it a nickname, the music continued but the screen was black and everything froze. Redid the whole process 5 times lol, was able to get to HoO no problem. So wondering if there's a certain spot to be to catch a 2nd HoO Arceus, do you need to be in the same spot you caught the first one? Or somewhere else.

Playing on NTSC Pearl.

EDIT: Saw a video by ChristtheAwesome1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H8vYm1YOZE who says you must be in the northernmost and southermost parts when encountering the different Arceus, I tried that and got it to work! Caught 3 different HoO Arceus in less than 5 min total, can shiny hunt without soft resetting! Then traded one to SS and used it for the Sinjoh Ruins event. Video coming shortly!

EDIT x2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiEMGglz4uE :D

Posted by: mkdasher
Date: 2017-07-12 07:24:21
I took Cryo's WIP notes for HoO Arceus and made a shorter path. The path takes approx. 25 minutes:

NOTE: Apparently this just works for U version.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQSc_Th7dk

=======
Step 1
=======
Tweak into a building (for example Poketch Co.)

=======
Step 2
=======
1 S
17 W
14 N
(This steps are different if you do not tweak to Poketch Co.)

=======
Step 3
=======
574 W
Save & Reset

=======
Step 4
=======
2097 S
19 W
288 S
51 E
352 S
33 W
1 E
64 S
128 E

=======
Step 5
=======
If first time visiting Pal Park:
14S
1S (OAK)
17S
63E
If NOT first time visiting Pal Park:
    32S
64E

=======
Step 6
=======
177 N
1 N (PAL PARK)

=======
Step 7
=======
64 N
467 W
32 N
147 E
50 S
97 W
Start - RELOAD GRAPHICS

=======
Step 8
=======
82 W
608 S
32 E
11328 S
19 E
160 S
83 W
512 S
83 E
18 N
Start - RETIRE (Arceus)

=======
Step 9
=======
32 E
Start - RELOAD GRAPHICS
1 E
180 W
204 N
64 W
82 N
Start - RELOAD GRAPHICS

=======
Step 10
=======
50 S
64 W
64 S
128 W
192 S
128 W
128 S
51 E
15 S
Start - RETIRE

—————————————————————-

As Cryo said on his WIP, the idea is going south for about 11k steps, getting to the 3D models section in order to spawn a map that contains a model with ID 510.

I'll try to make a better explanation later, but basically by loading Battle Tower's WiFi Battle Room, and reloading graphics at the correct time, you are able to both catch Arceus in the HoO, and then exit Pal Park again.

Posted by: Spicr
Date: 2017-09-09 10:25:31
Is retire the only currently known way to trigger a cript on a map at will? The great marsh retire option doesn't do anything on other maps aside from warping you back to the great marsh building, and both the underground and union room menus don't seem accessible because of the error message when you leave the area with walk through walls. You can't interact with followers either because as soon as you leave their intended map they disappear. Is there a way to load NPCs or objects onto a map they don't belong on in the void, so that talking to them would trigger other scripts on that map?

Posted by: Aera
Date: 2017-09-09 10:58:18

Is retire the only currently known way to trigger a cript on a map at will? The great marsh retire option doesn't do anything on other maps aside from warping you back to the great marsh building, and both the underground and union room menus don't seem accessible because of the error message when you leave the area with walk through walls. You can't interact with followers either because as soon as you leave their intended map they disappear. Is there a way to load NPCs or objects onto a map they don't belong on in the void, so that talking to them would trigger other scripts on that map?

NPCs unload as soon as you exit the map they're located in, so doing such a thing as of now is impossible. This also means that RETIRE is the only way of doing this.

Date: 2017-09-14 17:40:19
do any maps contain glitchy scripts in slots not accessible by retire?

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-09-14 18:38:40

Probably. However, DS games don't have the same one-file structure that older consoles do. NDS-format ROMs are basically zip files, with lots and lots of files inside. You can't load part of one from another, either. Keep this in mind when thinking about things like this in Gen 4 and above.

Date: 2017-09-14 19:14:16

Probably. However, DS games don't have the same one-file structure that older consoles do. NDS-format ROMs are basically zip files, with lots and lots of files inside. You can't load part of one from another, either. Keep this in mind when thinking about things like this in Gen 4 and above.

um yea http://i.imgur.com/gGqjFpw.jpg

Date: 2017-09-14 19:22:30
Yup. Pretty much. (I'm stealing that.)

Date: 2017-09-14 19:32:03
does that count as glitchy? https://streamable.com/1urw3 it's certainly funny…

(did it with a cheat btw)

Date: 2017-09-14 21:34:28
Yes… but…
we don't use cheats here. Not unless we absolutely have to.

Mainly due to making our own, but you get the point.

Date: 2017-09-15 10:39:20
btw why doesn't the retire from the great marsh do anything special? did they program both retires differently?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-09-16 03:48:48
Yep. How exactly I don't know, though.

Date: 2017-09-16 07:09:22

Yep. How exactly I don't know, though.
My guess is either pointers (hardcoded or not) or they went "lel why tF not?"

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-09-16 08:30:32
No. It's not a pointer issue.

Posted by: Gravedigger
Date: 2017-10-26 13:57:01

you can however use RETIRE to get a follower in Amity square and leave to get a corrupted partner, but we haven't gone any further with it except for glitchbattles atm. Also the npc follower's sprite dissapears, and unless you battle or talk to water or so you wouldn't even notice they were there. If there were a way to get their sprites to appear it'd be interesting though. (with some side effects such as all fainted pokes)