Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game? - Page 1

Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game?

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2006-05-13 06:39:58
I'll tell the truth.When I first played metroid Prime,I got terrified of a lot of parts where it played creepy music,but eventually I got over it, kicked but, and beat the game.Sooooooo…What about you guys?

Re: Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game?

Posted by: AnimalCrossingAddict
Date: 2006-05-13 08:17:42
Yes, but only in Pokemon(Funny, huh?).

1. I remember one time i ran into a legendary dog, and when the music played I got scared.

2. I was trying to find a level 7 Dragonite for my friend by using the Mew/Ditto Trick/Glitch. I ran into many Pokemon. In the bathroom of all places, I ran into Missingno! I was washing my hands and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the picture. I thought "It's just an Alakazam" or something.  I look at it up close and saw it was a Missingno. I wouldn't play my Blue version until just recently.

3. My first time doing the Missingno. Trick. When I saw M, I shut my game off as quickly as I could.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-05-14 08:33:15
In Pokemon Crystal I got a legendary thing (The Raikou thing) Well when I caught it I was freaked out it would kill my other pokemon so I storted it in its own little box.
(what?I was like 8 then!  :D )

Date: 2006-05-17 04:37:50
I've only been afraid of one thing in pokemon.Well…It was more like nervous…See.My cousin told me that If I caught Mewtwo that my game would glitch up and be ruined within 5 days….After I caught Mewtwo…sooooo…I freaked out.I run around screaming and freaking out.I was real little then.

Posted by: white dragon bionut
Date: 2006-06-19 22:50:31
yes… in transformers… there's this part… a huge guy named tidal wave transformed… and i was playing it at midnight… i'm still slightly spooked by him.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-06-23 21:15:58
Yes, when I first heard Feraligtr's cry, and when I first saw Crazy Hand in battle in SSBM.

Date: 2006-06-25 16:19:10
I freaked out over Giga Bowser too.Nobody told me bout him and I flipped out,but I got over it about 5 minutes later.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-25 23:26:21
several parts in metroid fusion, and there was one time when I started a new game and did the cloning trick on Silver so I could get the other starters. (this was entirely my own idea. I did this before I had a computer.) I even cried when I found out all my shinies and legendaries were gone from the boxes.

Date: 2006-06-27 17:47:21
I'd say that when I got to the dark temple in Zelda was when I was afraid the most.They had creepy bad guys,and all you could hear these bongos in the background.When you get to the boss,you can't see anything.All you can hear are these bongos.Even when you use this thing to see him,it is still really creepy.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-27 18:02:45
When I was younger I was *kinda* freaked out by the "SEGA" sound at the beginning of the Sonic games (back then there was the Sega Genesis, and perhaps the Sega Saturn too).

Date: 2006-07-24 18:32:43
I have the Sonic Mega Collection, so I know what you mean. (It's loud and annoying!!!)

Date: 2006-08-11 15:20:58
Have you heard the one for Sonic 3D Blast on Mega collection?

Date: 2006-08-11 15:51:46
Yeah, it sounds like a drunken guy shouting.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-08-11 16:34:58
The call of LM4 makes me shiver

It makes my hairs stand on end!

I don't like it

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-08-11 17:28:43
I was afraid of filling up the party and all the PC boxes. That was before I knew about the day cares and the Release button. One of the problems with the PC system in RBYGSC is that you can't withdraw or deposit a Pokemon if there's no space left. :-\