Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game? - Page 2

Re: Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-14 16:34:01
me? I',m fearless in the Pokemon games!!!!!!!!!! However I try not to do anything TOO stupid, especially on games I have been working hard on. but I am a little bit afraid of some of the dungeons in the Zelda games. like the shadow temple…..my 20 year old sister is afraid of some enemies in Zelda games! I keep telling her to just get her sword ready, suck up her gut, and march in and kick butt! but she doesn't always listen and (unfortunately) has too many other things she would RATHER do than play video games (its very sad)-_-. my best friend says he used to be afraid of the cave level in Pokemon snap when he was little!  :o :o nowdays he has no idea why he ever was…….

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-06-14 16:48:14
I got scared close to the ending of Mario&Luigi:Superstar Saga.
What it's about,I won't tell you.I keep my fears to myself.
Now I won't play it EVER again.I keep it hidden in a high shelf where no one will notice.Now I don't want to see it ever again.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-06-14 17:05:40
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, with the clowns *shudder*

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-14 17:09:08
Well I think it was last year,but anyway,I went on the computer and looked for pok?mon crystal cheats,I found a cheat that you can find a shiny drowzy below the daycare in goldenrod,no luck.so I stopped looking for him for 2 months,then I decided to go into the grass to level up my togepi,and suddenly,I went into battle,it was a drowzy,I was waiting for it to do the anmation,but it didn't so I was like "move god damn it!",and then suddenly ding ding ding ding ding!!! it scared the sh** out of me,it was a shiny drowzy,I got scared cuase i didnt know and suddenly it started making the shiny noise when the stars go around the pok?mon,man,that made me jump lol.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-07-07 21:42:35
Yes, the Don Watermeleon has a small arsenal of fears, and I will be willing to share one with the fellow public. Just one though. I can't afford to dampen my image.  :P

Well, in Super Mario 64, the Boo Mansion place always scared the shit out of me. That piano with the teeth freaked me out quite a bit, and that turning wheel thingy where the Boos would come out of the pictures, but then suddenly this giant Boo appeared. God, I still am slightly unnerved when I play that stage to this day.

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-07-07 23:02:32

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, with the clowns *shudder*

I love clowns, bring the Insane Clown Posse!!

[img]http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news1715.jpg[/img]

Date: 2007-07-09 11:52:18
[size=90pt]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] *falls off chair*

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-06 16:52:32

Well I think it was last year,but anyway,I went on the computer and looked for pok?mon crystal cheats,I found a cheat that you can find a shiny drowzy below the daycare in goldenrod,no luck.so I stopped looking for him for 2 months,then I decided to go into the grass to level up my togepi,and suddenly,I went into battle,it was a drowzy,I was waiting for it to do the anmation,but it didn't so I was like "move god damn it!",and then suddenly ding ding ding ding ding!!! it scared the sh** out of me,it was a shiny drowzy,I got scared cuase i didnt know and suddenly it started making the shiny noise when the stars go around the pok?mon,man,that made me jump lol.

The same thing happened to me XD. On my Leafgreen version, I was in the Safari zone when I ran into a Nidoran female, and the game paused. I was like "…WELL?!"

(Shiny stars and dinging noise appear)

O_O

ZOMG!!!

(throws Safari ball, catches it, and does a little dance)

I've always loved the Nidorans, so I was thrilled to get a shiny of one.

ANYWAY…on topic…

You know the game Duck Hunt (in the arcade section?) I used to be really good at it when I was little. But that dog scared the crap outta me XD. Stupid snickering mutt.

Another good one was when I looked into Blue's HoF after doing the MissingNo glitch. Having never heard about this effect, I spazzed, turned the game off, deported all Pokemon onto Stadium, and started a new game :P.

Oh, and that stupid horse-head man boss in the second Zelda game. That thing was freaky. I was only able to beat that thing once.

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-09-06 17:58:36
The ghosts in Pokemon D/P scare the hells out of me! (Yes, inside me are parallel routes to all the hells in multiple dimensions.)

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-09-06 19:38:14
The level in Super Mario Sunshine where you have to clean off the eel's teeth.

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-06 20:01:59
YES! The little green slimers in Duke Nukem 3D. Scared the hell out of me….

Date: 2007-09-07 14:26:41
Super Mario Sunshine kinda creeped me out in general, with all the tropical plant people and weird slime everywhere XP. Especially the baby Piranha Plant boss fight. I mean, you have to DROWN the little (?) sucker to knock him out so you can attack his belly O_o. Is that the Italian Mafia in you, Mario? 

I've only seen the girl ghost in D/P. I thought it was some kind of event thing I was supposed to do something about :P

Date: 2007-09-08 08:25:21
The first time I went to the sewers in Ratchet & Clank 3, not only was there very little room to move about in, but these green slimy creatures with wide, glowing eyes ([size=8pt]amoeboids[/size]) jumped out of nowhere, making a noise sounding like a strained "EL!" & creating more every time I kill them.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-08 10:17:28
Every time I play Luigi's Mansion, the ghosts come out and fucking scare me by suprise.
Espsally the pink ghost.

Date: 2007-09-09 17:10:06
Haha, good ol' Luigi's Mansion. They need to make a sequel for that. The ghost girl in the upside down room always kinda freaked me out. Oh, and let's not forget the giant baby boss! XD