Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game? - Page 4

Re: Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-06-06 00:26:24
The Lavender Town, Lost Tower, Ghost. It used to creepy me out, when I was 9, when I was playing that. It still spooks me a bit, but not as bad as it first was. MissingNo. freaked me out, at first but when I saw this pixeled  block, when I was using my brothers GS, to get a Mew on my yellow since I didn't know of the trick back then, so it said: Wild MEW apppeared!, and it was a lvl 7 pink box and it said: MISSINGNO. for its name, so I sent out my Pikachu, but I was Prof.Oak, so I got so freaked I turned my game off, so I checked it again and my HoF, was heavily trashed then about 3 week alter, my data was gone, since my yellow deletes my data but since I caught the YM, who is still there and its been like a year since I last caught him, and he's still sitting here.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-06-10 19:58:50

I got scared close to the ending of Mario&Luigi:Superstar Saga.
What it's about,I won't tell you.I keep my fears to myself.
Now I won't play it EVER again.I keep it hidden in a high shelf where no one will notice.Now I don't want to see it ever again.

However, it belonged to my cousin (I borrowed it) so I eventually returned it. Now I'm glad XD.

Also, I don't mind seeing it again.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-06-26 17:04:08
Another thing that freaks me out is the Arbiters Grounds dungeon in Zelda Twilight Princess. Its like walking into a tomb! It is filled with skeleton monsters and dark passageways and rooms. In one section of the place is a dark hallway with some corners it turns and I am just walkin' along heading towards the next room when a HUGE army of skeletons comes right around the corner and tries to kill me! To make it worse, there are 2 large skeletons that make you freeze for a moment when they scream and during that time, it allows all those little ones to kill you and you only have a split second to jump out of the way when the big skeleton slams a giant sword on you! Its freaky!

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-07-03 02:11:31
The scariest game experiance I've ever had, was when I was on my computer. I had turned the moniter off and went for a walk. I was on Age of Mythology (a game I play when I have nothing better to really do). When I came back and turned on the moniter, a Barbie game was staring me in the face. I would NEVER own or even play a Barbie game, and my only siblings are brothers. They both claimed that they had nothing to do with it. I threw the game in the trash. I still don't know which one did it, or HOW they got a Barbie game, but turing on the moniter to Barbie is the creepiest thing on earth. I was almost tempted to throw my computer away for even having the disk in it. *Shivers* I HATE GIRLY CRAP LIKE THAT!!! When I saw that game, I fell back and hit my head against the metal on my head. I had a headache for hours. It may not've been scary as in horror scary, but it was creepy.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-07-03 10:30:48

The scariest game experiance I've ever had, was when I was on my computer. I had turned the moniter off and went for a walk. I was on Age of Mythology (a game I play when I have nothing better to really do). When I came back and turned on the moniter, a Barbie game was staring me in the face. I would NEVER own or even play a Barbie game, and my only siblings are brothers. They both claimed that they had nothing to do with it. I threw the game in the trash. I still don't know which one did it, or HOW they got a Barbie game, but turing on the moniter to Barbie is the creepiest thing on earth. I was almost tempted to throw my computer away for even having the disk in it. *Shivers* I HATE GIRLY CRAP LIKE THAT!!! When I saw that game, I fell back and hit my head against the metal on my head. I had a headache for hours. It may not've been scary as in horror scary, but it was creepy.
O_o O_o O_o …..how the heck??? what the???? um….Delusions? It doesnt seem possible :/

Date: 2008-07-03 19:52:14
No. I know one of my brothers did it. I'm sure that the younger one was playing on it and paniced when he heard me outside (you can here everything in my room). The younger one always wants to play with my hair, and I caught him watching a Barbie movie once. I'm sure he got the game from one of my little cousins. All I knew was that it was a Barbie game. I think he might be a little…I don't even want to say it…gay.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-03 20:06:05

No. I know one of my brothers did it. I'm sure that the younger one was playing on it and paniced when he heard me outside (you can here everything in my room). The younger one always wants to play with my hair, and I caught him watching a Barbie movie once. I'm sure he got the game from one of my little cousins. All I knew was that it was a Barbie game. I think he might be a little…I don't even want to say it…gay.

nah… wait. it depends, how old is he?

Date: 2008-07-03 20:09:43
He's 9, but he's always calling some boy who also seems a little…."different". I hope he isn't…but you can never know nowdays, not that I hate anyone who's gay. I just don't want him getting picked on more than he already is.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-08-27 17:14:01
Bleh, the one thing I've ever been afraid of in a game was those Giant Frogs in Crash Bandcoot, when you cot hit by then they'd jump on Crash and Kiss him, then they would turn into Princes! Back then I had never seen or heard of anything as…well…Gay as that. I guess I was sort of a Homophobe back when I was young as it scared the Crap out of me.

At least I'm not as Homophobic as Crash, who dies because some dude kisses him.

Still feel like a wimp because I got scared by something in Crash Bandicoot though.

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-09-15 07:46:27
Because I have a natural tendency to re-order my attacks, even when they're only temporary attacks, I encountered the COOLTRAINER move glitch… twice, before I even knew it existed or how to get it.  It happened once in Red and once in Blue.  It scared me both times to the point I just turned off the game on both occasions.

Posted by: GlitchCrusader
Date: 2008-09-29 21:16:50
Well in pokemon diamond, i heard there creepy mansion that scare the SH#T out of u and i just had to try to see if it was true. Wen i went to this room, there was nothing there but wen i entered it again i was so freaked out that i almost dropped my DS.:XD:I checked to see if there were any more doors but there wasnt. So i ran to another room. Wen i entered it there was another person, a girl really in the room rite to me and it seemed like she was floating. Wen i went to investigate the room she was…gone. I was so scared that i actually DROPPED the DS and ran. And my save file never worked proppely. Luckily i have R4 wich means that u play on a rom on DS and i had a backup of the save file wich means LUCKY ME! Its a good thing i survied.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-09-30 12:29:55

Well in pokemon diamond, i heard there creepy mansion that scare the SH#T out of u and i just had to try to see if it was true. Wen i went to this room, there was nothing there but wen i entered it again i was so freaked out that i almost dropped my DS.:XD:I checked to see if there were any more doors but there wasnt. So i ran to another room. Wen i entered it there was another person, a girl really in the room rite to me and it seemed like she was floating. Wen i went to investigate the room she was…gone. I was so scared that i actually DROPPED the DS and ran. And my save file never worked proppely. Luckily i have R4 wich means that u play on a rom on DS and i had a backup of the save file wich means LUCKY ME! Its a good thing i survied.

Could you please improve your grammar?
Kthxbai.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-09-30 12:47:42
(Er, what's with the new look? I liked the old skin. *Shot*)

Well, I still love the Silent Hill, games but I'm fed up of our version of the first one. Fucking "censors" replaced the gray children, with brown bear, called Mumblers, and they scare the shit out of me. Fucking things! I have a picture of one, and they creep me out. If I'm in the dark, or in a small room, I feel scared, because its where they appear from. When you least expect it. *Shudders* Now, I can't play the first one anymore because I'm in the UK, and our version the PAL, version pretty much sucks. In America, they have demon kids with knives, while ours are replaced with brown little bears with claws, that scare me half to death. It's in my attachment below. Why am I scared of them? I have no idea. I've been spooked by these little buggers since I was 11. It's annoying!

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-09-30 19:23:59
Oh yeah, Monopoly bankrupt screen on the Super Nintendo.  That scared me more than anything else ever has ever.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-09-30 20:43:07
Multiple cases, I can't even count.
I use to have this big fear of games, I think I thought that if my character died then I would die.
Mostly the parts that would scare me would be the parts with water in it (curse you sonic and your scary drowning music).