Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game? - Page 3

Re: Have you ever been afraid of one thing or part in a game?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-12 15:53:07

Super Mario Sunshine kinda creeped me out in general, with all the tropical plant people and weird slime everywhere XP. Especially the baby Piranha Plant boss fight. I mean, you have to DROWN the little (?) sucker to knock him out so you can attack his belly O_o. Is that the Italian Mafia in you, Mario? 

I've only seen the girl ghost in D/P. I thought it was some kind of event thing I was supposed to do something about :P

What ghosts?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-12 18:55:37
In the mansion in the forest (where you find Rotom), sometimes when you pass through certain areas a ghost person will appear randomly. Nothing else that special about them, really. I've seen the girl ghost, and I believe there's also a butler.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-12 19:52:42
Here's another one scared of the legendary beast music! I knew that it played it, but it scared me. Plus when I was playing at around 3AM. More scarier.

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-09-19 20:53:21
I was scared when I tried the pokemon emerald cloning trick, and went pale when it said my game was corrupted. Missingno freaked me out at first (I had had the same fascination/fear of it that Ebola scientists have of Ebola), and the ghosts in the Lavender Tower were a bit freaky too.

In the mansion in the forest (where you find Rotom), sometimes when you pass through certain areas a ghost person will appear randomly. Nothing else that special about them, really. I've seen the girl ghost, and I believe there's also a butler.

If I saw that I would've FREAKED

Date: 2007-10-23 18:16:30

Here's another one scared of the legendary beast music! I knew that it played it, but it scared me. Plus when I was playing at around 3AM. More scarier.

Which version?

The running beasts in the Pokemon games always scare the hell outta me, especially the Entei, Raikou and Suicune. The G/S/C I usually encounter at least one of them fairly early, so I'll be hunting for Mareep or something and get this HUGE black shadow. In F/R / LG, the running beasts actually have a different music and flash when you encounter them, so I get freaked out even before you SEE them XD.

Mesprit encounters are even freakier when you don't expect it, because the monkey trio legend music is COMPLETELY different than anything else in the game. It's also one of my fave tunes from D/P.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-23 18:45:17
It was Crystal.

Date: 2007-10-23 19:32:11
My sister had this NES game called Maniac Mansion. Basically you could choose to be acertain character, and then would have to rescue your other friends from this mansion with nutty scientists and stuff. But it was possible to get bad endings as well as good endings.

One time, I forget what she did exactly or whether she did it on prupose or not, but she had pulled this switch and there was a funny tick-tack sound that went on for five minutes. Eventually it stopped…AND THE MANSION BLEW UP! o_o. Scared the crap outta me.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2007-11-04 19:19:55
When Gengar tells lies in Mystery Dungeon, and everyone attacks you, that scared the crap out of me.

Date: 2007-11-07 20:29:19
That part was kinda freaky. Though what bothered me more was when you returned victorious and everyone is like "Oh, it couldn't have been you, you're just too cute!" Guess these guys would easily be scammed by Vulpix or a Pichu, huh? This Pokemon game's very into stereotypes for Pokemon, I've noticed… 

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-24 19:23:40
The first time I played a pokemon game (I think it was gold or silver version) I didn't know about changing pokemon storage boxes and when I filled up my box I got freaked out and thought that I was going to have to delete my captured pokemon. Oh, and the first time I saw the Old Chateu ghosts I got a little scared :o.

Date: 2007-12-27 21:24:09
There was that time I beat the HEX 253 trainer for the first time on Blue. In case you didn't know, the battle is normal enough, but after you get out of battle the games graphics get totally screwed. If you try to move with the control pads, the graphics get fragmented even furthur, and you get randonmly warped to all kinds of glitched and non-glitched places before the game finally crashes. My Blue still works fine, though.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2007-12-31 18:36:17
I freaked out when I couldn't find my Blastoise in my Blue version when I was like 4 or 5 since he was my second favorite Pokemon (still is). I found him a year later or so in a PC Box (I was so young I didn't even think to check there). I was also scared of the final boss battle in the original Crash Bandicoot game until I was about 7. Unfourtunatly both those games don't work anymore. :'(

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-04-04 18:05:05
yeah i was playing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the GBC and it was about 2 AM (i was addicted to that game) when a random voice that makes a hissing sound when it talks suddenly interrupts Harry walking.
its picture was creepy too, i was like  O_o and i almost screamed, i hid under my bed sheets for that rest of the night, even if it was like 90 degrees during the night
i was only 4…

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2008-06-05 15:41:09
I never completed the last temple of my Zelda game, it was the house of the dead, It didn't help that my volume down button was broken… really scary.. and that was a 3+!

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-06-05 23:32:10
1. The X-files PC game, at the second stakeout (you have to search some truck quickly at an abandoned warehouse at night). I was scared to move for so long, that I ran out of time before gathering up enough courage to even step forward one pace.

2. I caught Missingno. when I was young, and was about to save my game, when I remembered hearing that you shouldn't do that. I turned off my gameboy during the saving process, and lost everything. I learned later that it wasn't Missingno. that caused it. But it scared the crap outta me that day.