Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.
You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.
Forgive me for this monstrosity, I had it pasted to pastebin earlier and forgot to clear it.
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version Read-me File - Please take the time to read this all out.
* FP01. OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKS
* FP02. SYSTEM COMPATABILITY
* FP03. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
* FP04. GAME INFORMATION
* FP05. DEFAULT CONTROLS
* FP06. BUGS AND UNFINISHED THINGS IN THE CURRENT RELEASE
* FP07. CHANGE LOG
* FP08. GRATITUDES AND CREDITS
* DERX. CONTACT INFORMATION
* LEGAL INFORMATION
FP01. OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKS
The official downloads can be found at the following locations:
As such, if you downloaded this from a website not on this list, please reconsider downloading so you can be sure you have everything. Also, please send me a message so I can inspect it myself.
If you downloaded it, please make sure you got it from one of the official websites listed above. It ensures you have the latest, up-to-date version, and cuts down on the chance of an outdated version being released. It also makes it easier for me to give you bug support help if you're using a current version.
FP02. SYSTEM COMPATABILITY
This game was created in RPG Maker XP, a computer program that allows you to create RPG-genre games on the computer, compatible for the Computer only. As such, Touhoumon: Faith & Prayer version will NOT be compatible with any Game Boy Advance emulator, DS Emulator, or any Handheld emulator of the sort. Please do not ask me how to make it compatible with any emulator, there is no way to do so.
On the same note, please do not ask me how to play it on an Android Phone/iPhone/Whatever smart phone you may possess. The same applies as above, there is no way to play Touhoumon: Faith & Prayer Version on a Smart-phone. EDIT: There is a Pokemon Essentials port for Android now. My answer changes slightly - I will not be porting Faith & Prayer to the Android any time soon.
FP03. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please do not mess with the system files, they keep the game running stable. If you need something addressed, please send me a message so I can help you. Contact information will be below. Furthermore, if you do mess with the system files of the game, or use memory editors to mess with the game, and you manage to break something, I am not responsible for what breaks. You brought it upon yourself, and the only advice you'll get from me is "Start a new game."
There are documents in the folder labled "THIS IS USEFUL STUFF" which provide information about certain subjects, including the 1.8 Type Chart for those who don't understand it.
Do not get too attached to your save file, and be prepared to ending up having to start a new game sometime as the game develops further. Some changes to the internal coding may render the game unplayable with your old save, and require a full restart. I will repeat this again: DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR SAVE FILE WHILE THE GAME IS IN PRE-FULL RELEASE STATE. I do not want people to come crying to me when their save breaks because of an update, when it's explicitly stated that an update could/will break your save.
FP04. GAME INFORMATION
Touhoumon: Faith & Prayer Version, and the Touhoumon Essentials Development Kit, is an attempt to bring the 1.8x generation of Touhou Puppet Play (Japanese title) to RPG Maker XP. It features vastly different things from the generation of Pokemon it was based off of. 17 new types to the type chart, a physical/special split.
From the original Touhou Puppet Play it differs as well, evolutions are different. Things start off as Chibi, and from that point could potentially branch off into either an Attack Form, a Defence Form, a Speed Form, a Tech Form, a Helper Form, an Advent Form, or their normal level-up evolution. Each of these forms is specialized in its own way, and is explained in detail in game.
Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version is a somewhat non-linear game, focusing more on "Plot" than on becoming a Pokemon/Puppet Master or filling the Pokedex. As such, the Gym Challenge is an optional part of the game. Some gyms will be forced for the sake of plot, but will not be mandatory. Most of the areas will be traversable from the get-go, but if you find yourself being road-blocked, perhaps it might be a good idea to go look for something to remove the roadblock?
FP05. DEFAULT CONTROLS
These are the default controls for the game. Once you start a new game, most of these controls can be configured to your will.
* Movement across the Overworld
* Scrolls the cursor within menus
C Button/Enter Button
* Used to confirm a choice, check things, and talk to people.
* Used to exit a choice, cancel a choice or mode, and open the pause menu.
* Press and hold while walking to run (Requires Running Shoes)
* Press to use a registered Key Item.
* Enable Turbo mode, doubles the FPS of the game. Press again to disable. Can only be enabled when a text box or menu is not on the screen presently.
FP06. BUGS AND UNFINISHED THINGS IN THE CURRENT RELEASE
The game may lag on some older machines, due to how much information the game has to process from the internal scripts. Aside from that, there are no other bugs I am aware of currently.
The Type Chart is not completely done yet, expect that in a future release with Pokemon and Touhoumon types conjoined.
Pokemon and Touhoumon do not have abilities that exist side-by-side. That will come in a future release.
FP07. CHANGE LOG
201*: Beta 3
- A NEW GAME WILL NEED TO BE STARTED DUE TO A SMALL CHANGE MADE IN HOW THE GAME HANDLES SOMETHING IN THE INTRODUCTION. IF YOU DO NOT START A NEW GAME, A LATER EVENT WILL NOT WORK.
- At the request of numerous people, the Red battle now gives out EXP if you beat him. This change was made on 5/12/2013.
- Changed the Red overworld sprite to be a different one. Source unknown, was provided with the old Essentials kit. (5/16/2013)
- Changed some puppets, according to the Touhoumon Emerald change list (5/16/2013):
* Chibi Daiyousei now carries Camouflage at a 5% rate instead of Sitrus Berry
* Mystia line now carries Stewardess at a 5% rate instead of Chesto/Petaya Berries
* TSanae now naturally learns Giga Drain instead of Mega Drain
* Gengetsu now gives Speed EVs instead of Special Defence EVs
* Iku line now able to learn Surf.
* Yuugenmagan now has a new ability; Levitate. Replaces Keen Eye.
* TSakuya now learns Luster Purge by Tutor.
* Yoshika line now has Gatekeeper as an ability. This replaces Guard Armour.
* Seiga line is now Dark/Faith instead of Dark/Reason. Additional changes include:
+ Chibi: SDEF+5
+ Evo: ATK-5, SDEF+10
+ Learns Extrasensory instead of Mana Burst at level 53
+ Learns Silver Wind instead of Luster Purge by breeding
* Tojiko no longer learns Aeroblast.
* Futo line now has Torrent instead of Inner Focus.
* Miko line gained Limber as an Alternate Ability.
- Updated the engine to Pokemon Essentials v12.2. Any bugs that were present in Pokemon Essentials before that are fixed in this build. (10/9/2013)
- Added a way to change the control scheme ingame. (10/9/2013)
- Unown cries were given to a majority of the Touhoumon, to make evolutions work. Otherwise it would crash the game if it evolved into something without a cry. (10/10/2013)
- Added a PC to Bill's House. I mean seriously, it makes sense to have a PC all the way out there, at the location of the person who made the PC System. (11/17/2013)
- Changed some puppets, according to the Touhoumon Emerald change list (11/17/2013):
* Evolved Nazrin: Learns Slash at Level 40 instead of Roar. Also learns Body Slam as a Tutor Move instead of Quick Attack.
* Evolved Letty: Gains Focus as an Alternate Ability instead of Damp. Also Changes were made to her BST.
75 HP 85
70 ATK 60
80 DEF 85
80 SPD 70
115 SATK 115
80 SDEF 85
* Technical Iku: Swapped Attack and Special Attack Stats.
* Seiga Line: Can learn Decision via TM.
- Chibi Kokoro and Kokoro, the final boss of Touhou 13.5: Hopeless Masquerade, was added to the list of obtainable puppets. (5/28/2013)
* This is more than likely the last new puppet that will be added from games post 13.
* There will be a Level 5 Chibi Kokoro Mystery Gift up until the full release of Kanto. get it while you can! (11/20/2013)
- Added a Hiker to the Route 10 Pokemon Center. The Hiker gives you Flash, so you can use it to illuminate cave systems. (11/22/2013)
* No, Flash will not act like a Repel Replacement like it does in Generation 6. (At least, I don't intend to make it that way.)
- Items were added to Demo 2 locations. NPCs were added to the Power Plant and the Vermilion City Houses. (10/10/2013 - 11/25/2013)
- Modified the Text Speed settings a microbit. Should go a bit faster. Maybe. (11/25/2013)
- Demo ends at Fuchsia City, as there is no way to surf across the ocean.
* Surf and the Inflatable Boat will be available, but Cinnabar Island is not accessible in this demo.
April 22nd, 2013: Beta 2
- Fixed some minor bugs pertaining to text, tiles on the overworld, and the sort.
- Opened up Route 3 to the player, allowing them to travel to Mt. Moon and onward.
- Fixed an issue involving Evolutionary Stones not being able to be used
- Added NPC houses to Pallet Town, Viridian City, and Pewter City.
- Added the items within Viridian Forest.
- Tinkered with the trainers and encounters on Route 1. Should be bit easier now than it was.
- Added the Burn Heal to Viridian City Mart.
- Added the Antidote, Awakening, Burn Heal, Parlyz Heal, Escape Rope, and Repel to the Pewter City Mart.
- Changed the music within Pokemon Centers.
- Fixed some music issues with inconsistent sound quality.
* Not all songs have been fixed yet. Some are still forthcoming. Expect more music changes in later releases.
- Minor modification to the Pickup Table. You should no longer be able to pick up Sun Stones, Moon Stones, or Heart Scales.
- Added the ability to give the watering pail to the player. It's in Viridian City, with the person standing in a small garden of flowers.
- Minor alterations to Viridian City's layout. Should be marginally easier to traverse.
- Fixed some issues with the Town Map not showing the correct location of where you are.
- After much blood, sweat, and tears, the gender icons now show up as Yin and Yang Halves, much like they do in 1.8 proper.
- The route north of Viridian City, Route 2, has had some minor altering done to it. If you are currently saved on Route 2, please move off of it so you aren't stuck on something that may have changed.
- Pewter Museum's NPCs will not show up unless you start a new game. I highly suggest starting a new one.
- Various text strings have been changed to show Species-Neutrality.
* I'm not sure if I missed any. If I did, please send me a message at one of the contact links below.
- Silently added the Jukebox to the player inventory at game start. The Jukebox can play all the songs in the game.
* NOTE ABOUT THE JUKEBOX: It will override all other music in the game while it is playing. To disable, go back to the jukebox and press "(Default)".
* Icon forthcoming
- Gave places with Automatic Doors a proper Sound Effect.
- Changed the icon that the game uses on the taskbar and the launcher.
- Minor changes to Pallet Town
- Placed a demo-ending roadblock at Rock Tunnel and all currently accessible ways into Saffron City.
* You are not allowed to advance into Rock Tunnel, Saffron City, Celadon City, or Lavender Town in this release.
January 2nd, 2013: Beta 1 (Proof of Concept)
- Initial Release
- Currently went from Pallet Town to Pewter City, placed a demo-ending roadblock at Pewter City.
FP08. GRATITUDES AND CREDITS
I'm proud to say these people have helped make this possible
- Nintendo, Game Freak: Pokemon, of course! Pokemon's just left a large impact on todays world, and it'd be pretty hard to imagine what life would be like without it as a contributing factor.
- ZUN: Head of Team Shanghai Alice, also the Lead and Sole developer of the Touhou Project.
- Enterbrain: For developing RPG Maker XP.
- HemoglobinA1C: Head honcho of the entire Touhou Puppet Play business. Developed the original THPP, and all the graphics that went along with it, up till its current and final release in 1.812. His blog can be found at:
- Poccil, Flameguru: For initially creating Pokemon Essentials for RPG Maker XP
- Maruno: Picking up Pokemon Essentials after Poccil and Flameguru stopped updating it, and continuing to work on it to this day.
- Agastya: For numerous things. Developing Touhoumon Emerald 1.812, which this game used as a base import from, as well as development feedback and advice, as well as the occasional beat to the head when I did things wrong, and how I could theoretically improve them. He also helped to localize Touhoumon 1.8x.
- EX Sariel: Helped to localize Touhoumon 1.8.
- digiDiskette, Kaena, LeoModesto, Stuffman: Providing with graphics when they were needed in the situations that called for them.
- Mugendai (DoctorInfinity): Writing the PokeExtractor tools, which extracted the Touhoumon information from Touhoumon Emerald and compiled it into the proper format needed to insert it into RPG Maker XP. Also helped provide the Title Screen graphic.
- The Pokemon Essentials Development team gets a special shout out, since I don't know who all is helping Maruno.
- And YOU: For playing this game, and hopefully enjoying it!
DERX. CONTACT INFORMATION
I can be reached at my Tumblr account if needed for anything:
If you have bugs to report about the game, the DevKit, or want to report an unauthorized distribution site, please send it to the ChaoticInfinity Development Blog at:
If you would like to get ahold of me in Real-time, I can be reached at these places:
* IRC server: irc.rizon.net
* IRC Channel: #ChaoticInfinity OR #Letohhalb
* Link: irc://irc.rizon.us/chaoticinfinity OR irc://irc.rizon.us/letohhalb
Or the Shoddy Touhoumon server (You will have to download the client and register an account in the program):
I do not own Pokemon nor Touhou, and I don't own any of the characters either.
Pokemon is © Gamefreak/Nintendo, Touhou is © Team Shanghai Alice.
I do not own any of the sprites featured in this game, any custom sprites were nabbed
from the Japanese Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 hack, or made by other people listed in the credits.