Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V or whatever and post - Page 5

Re: Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V or whatever and post

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-25 23:24:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRKCmV3spWs

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2008-03-26 14:57:51
http://www.zophar.net/

Date: 2008-03-26 22:52:18
ilu (I love u)
ily2 (I love you too)
ifly (I fucking love you)
ifly2 (I fucking love you too)
idly (I don't love you)
iwnly (I will never love you)
iwaly (I will always love you

(ow, bad timing.)

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-27 18:01:30
[18:59] <SloshedMail> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Good_Aim/--/Pictures022.jpg
[18:59] <SloshedMail> In order for Rappy to do a sex position right, he must be on a higher ground in order to penetrate the female. :p
[18:59] <SCf3> xD
[19:00] <SloshedMail> and
[19:00] <SloshedMail> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Good_Aim/--/Pictures.jpg ;
[19:00] <SloshedMail> <SCf3> OMFGZPENGUINSMEX
[19:00] <SloshedMail> :D
[19:00] <SCf3> Is that his PENIS!? damn its huge.
[19:00] <SloshedMail> Rappy is small…
[19:00] <SCf3> O_O
[19:00] <SCf3> … then whats that looooooooong thingie?

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-03-27 21:07:23
The West is currently closed so you can not see through it.

Posted by: baby_fire
Date: 2008-03-27 21:12:04
Old word: Mint
New word: Lint

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2008-03-28 16:32:10
Overview
This quest is part of convincing each of the three Great Houses to vote you as their Hortator. The exact order you do the houses in is not important. Again, you must visit all the council members of the House to convince them to vote for you. The Yellow Book of 3E 426 lists these members and can be obtained from Nileno Dorvayn at the Balmora Hlaalu Council Hall. The members are Crassius Curio, Yngling Half-Troll, Dram Bero, Nervana Oles, and Velanda Omani.

[edit] Crassius Curio
Crassius Curio is downstairs in the Curio Manor in Vivec, Hlaalu Plaza, and can be convinced with just a little gold. If you're a member of the house and a female, it only takes 500 gold (or 300 if your disposition is high enough), otherwise it takes a costly 1000 gold. If you are a male, or have above 90 disposition (yes, as a male…), all it takes is a kiss. Simple enough. Curio also offers some good advice on the other council members.

[edit] Yngling Half-Troll
Yngling Half-Troll is in Vivec, St. Olms Canton Plaza, Yngling Manor. He'll ask for 1000 gold if you're a member, or 2000 otherwise. An alternate route is to actually kill Yngling, which is quite alright with the other council members if you talk to them about it (such as Dram Bero).

[edit] Dram Bero
Dram Bero is hidden in the basement of the Haunted Manor in the St. Olms Plaza. You may need to unlock the basement door somehow. You just have to talk to him and you'll get his vote, no gold needed. He'll also mention that Velanda and Nevena are loyal to Orvas Dren. Orvas is the brother of the Duke and has a large plantation in the Ascadian Isles (see below).

[edit] Taking Care of Orvas Dren
In order to convince Velanda and Nevena, you must take care of Orvas Dren first, which may mean a number of things. You can just kill him but he is well armored and armed and has a few good bodyguards. You can blackmail him if you get some papers locked in his basement (his bodyguard has the key). Or, if you can raise his disposition high enough, you can talk to him about protecting Morrowind, resulting in Dren giving you his vote for Hortator. If you're in House Hlaalu and you've done the quest to take over the Camonna Tong, Dren should just give it up and say he'll use his influence on his two cronies. Alternatively, if you have a good chameleon and sneaking ability (or invisibility), you can find a key that lays on a desk near Orvas Dren himself, and just take the papers without being seen.

Orvas lives on the Dren Plantation, a large sized manor just north of Vivec. If your disposition is low when you try talking to him, he will attack you. If you're lucky you will be able to attack and kill him without alerting the other guards in the house (obviously, this will let you loot the nice stuff on and behind him).

[edit] Talk with Velanda and Nevena
Once Orvas is taken care of, you can continue and talk to Velanda and Nevena. Velanda is in Omani Manor on Elmas Island (Position 58675, -92545, 814), east of the Vivec St. Olms Canton. Nevena is in Ules Manor, (Position 45754, -49438, 1114) directly west of Suran's House of Earthly Delights (directly east of the Dren Plantation, and north-east of Vivec). The manor is surrounded by slaves… Once you talk to each about the Hlaalu Hortator, they give you their vote.

[edit] Return to Curio
You can now return to Curio in Vivec to be officially named as House Hlaalu's Hortator and receive the Belt of the Hortator as proof.

Date: 2008-03-28 16:34:12
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,2386.0.html

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-28 16:38:36
Amazing Journey/Sparks-The Who

Amazing Journey (Time: 3:25)

Deaf Dumb and blind boy
He's in a quiet vibration land
Strange as it seems his musical dreams
Ain't quite so bad.

Ten years old
With thoughts as bold as thought can be
Loving life and becoming wise
In simplicity.

Sickness will surely take the mind
Where minds can't usually go.
Come on the amazing journey
And learn all you should know.

A vague haze of delerium
creeps up on me.
All at once a tall stranger I suddenly see.
He's dressed in a silver sparked
Glittering gown
And His golden beard flows
Nearly down to the ground.

Nothing to say and nothing to hear
And nothing to see.
Each sensation makes a note in my symphony.

Sickness will surely take the mind
Where minds can't usually go.
Come on the amazing journey
And learn all you should know.

His eyes are the eyes that
Transmit all they know.
Sparkle warm crystalline glances to show
That he is your leader
And he is your guide
On the amazing journey together you'll ride.

Sparks (Time: 3:48)

INSTRUMENTAL- Somehow psychadelic sounding

Date: 2008-03-28 19:23:58
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/zapper_teh_rapper/14-1.gif

Date: 2008-03-29 01:21:02
FALCON PAWNCH!

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-29 01:22:23
Thanks Newo! you rule!
Looks like the dimensional portal he came out of huh?

Date: 2008-03-29 01:24:10
0xCA

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-29 01:26:16
Pokemon, pokemon, pokemon

Date: 2008-03-29 10:32:33
So what exactly are the Pokegods?
The Pokegods are (or were) as their name implies, supposedly god-like Pokemon, and most consisted of either:
- Pokemon that were going to be in the Gold/Silver versions
- Evolutions of Pokemon that were already in existence
- Misnamed MissingNo like Pokemon that were over blown
- Completely fabricated Pokemon

No matter which group a particular "Pokegod" fell into, almost all of them were claimed to be ridiculously powerful, and it was common belief that if they were to faint then they would actually die and you'd never be able to use them again.

How exactly did this all start though? The answer may lie in among other things, a few prereleased pics of Gold/Silver Pokemon since it was a generally accepted belief that all of them were going to be in the Gold/Silver versions when they came out.

As is still done with Pokemon games today, before the gold and silver versions were released in Japan there were pictures of a select few Pokemon that were released to the public and were floating around the internet. These Pokemon were Togepi, Bellossom, Ampharos, Slowking, Lugia and Ho-oh and Marril.

Pikablu
Marill, being then known as the infamous "Pikablu" seemed to be a focal point of the whole fiasco and was probably the most well known out of all the Pokegods. Having been thought to be a water type evolution of Pikachu or Raichu, it's interesting in itself that everyone called it "Pikablu" in America when its Japanese name, Mariru, had seemingly been released at the same time as the pictures but was left ignored! One assumption has been that the picture of Marill was originally leaked accidentally by someone at GAMEFREAK soon after the release of the original Red and Green versions. Some person at Nintendo (of America?) saw it and coined the name "Pikablu" to describe it for there being lack of a name..or so the story goes.

Hoaxes and Screen Shots
There was a site created by a guy called JustinMew, with various "information" on Pokegods as well as fake screen shots and things that were from another now non-existent sites that specialized in making up fake Pokemon. Even though many of the screen shots were very obviously edited, had sprites that hardly matched the style or color palette or were never intended to fool people, there were still people who thought they were real.
What really didn't help the situation is that many people, including JustinMew himself (who told me he made the stuff up) just lied about having captured or seen the Pokegods. And it wasn't just JustinMew or site owners in general doing this. You could go to just about any forum and there would always be a handful of people who claimed to have captured this-or-that Pokegod. Most fan sites at the time tended to have at least SOMETHING about the Pokegods, whether it was speculation or actual codes for them. (I mostly use JustinMew's site as an example because it still exists and I actually talked to him.)

What does that say for all the other Pokegods though? Well, Mew could have a lot to do with it. Mew was intentionally put into the game as a secret character so that it would create a buzz and people would talk about it. The only thing is, Mew's data is actually present in Red/Blue while for the Pokegods this isn't the case (or at least not how you'd expect it to be, but I'll get to that later). It could have been an instance of a good idea just getting out of control.
There's also the fact that there are not only MissingNo. that have Kabutops fossil, Aerodactyl fossil and un-ID'ed "GHOST" sprites, but other "missing number" Pokemon that take up slots in the programming but are not named "MissingNo".

The following are the names of different Pokegods that were floating around, I have tried to group them appropriately. (for now I might have some of them in more than one category) Keep in mind that this is by no means a complete list.

Pikachu/Pikablu Clones (elemental Pikachu)
- Pikablu/Pikablue

- Raiblu

- Pikaflare

- Pikabud

- Electrachu

The other Pikachu clone Pokegods were more likely the result of people assuming that if there was a water type ("Pikablu") then there would be ones for other "elemental Pikachu" too, like Pikaflare (fire type) and Pikabud (grass type).
Half the time it seems they were said to be Pikachu evolutions while the other half the time they were said to evolve from Raichu instead.

Evolutions of Pokemon that already existed
With a few exceptions, these seem to come from the idea that one could find the mist stone which was able to evolve every single Pokemon. Mewthree is a bit different because most people thought that pictures of Mewtwo wearing armor from the first movie was Mewthree… Which we know now to be not true.
Flareth is also an interesting case because of all the eeveeloutions, it was the only one that was thought to evolve again (or at least, the only one that was so widely circulated)

Charizard ->  Charcoalt/Charcolt
Blastoise ->  Rainer
Venusaur ->  Sapusaur
Butterfree ->  Locustud
Beedril ->  Beepin
Omanite ->  Omnamist
Gengar ->  Spooky
Raticate ->  Raticlaw
Nidoking ->  Nidogod
Nidoqueen ->  Nidogoddess
Golduck ->  Pearduck
Sandslash ->  Sandswipes
Flareon ->  Flareth/Flarith
Eevee ->  Lunareon
Eevee ->  Solareon
Mew ->  Corona Mew/Cyro Mew/Chrona Mew/Chrono Mew/Crono Mew
Mewtwo  ->  Mewthree

Completely fabricated Pokegods
As far as I can tell, these Pokegods (with the exception of Anthrax, Millenium and Mysterio, but I'll cover that later) were not actually based on anything that already existed. How knowledge of them became so widespread is unknown.
Anthrax *
Millenium *
Mysterio *
Ruin
Psybir
Psybird
Doomsay
Doomsday
Hifishi

Tricket

I have to say I waisted many hours trying the supposed "official Nintendo approved Tricket code" that was floating around. This code is particularly interesting though, in that in nearly every instance of it, it remains exactly the same-word for word. Every time I've ever seen this code mentioned, it was copy/pasted word for word from…Wherever it came from (which, once again, is unknown).

Because of this, I've decided to put it here word for word (though with spacing… the thing was usually put up as a huge wall-o-text)

"This code is for TRICKET! a new Pokemon for Gold/Silver. First, you must carry ALL 6 BUG POKEMON in your party in this order: Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill. Then, open an empty box in your PC without any Pokemon in it. Go into the Safari Zone and catch a wild Venonat and a wild Venomoth. You cannot catch Venomoth before Venonat.
Then, catch a wild Paras and a wild Parasect. Same rule applies for Parasect not before Paras. Keep them all in your PC box and do not change for any new ones. You do not need Scyther or Pinsir because they are rather rare to find. You'll see them on the Victory Road, however, by catching all of the other bug Pokemon. That's a pre-code.

Yes, along with Scyther in Red, Pinsir will be in Red too, and along with Pinsir in Blue, Scyther will be in blue! It's the truth. Beat the Elite Four all the way through with the 6 Pokemon told. Do not allow Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle or Kakuna to continue to evolve, just press B to stop them from evolving.

Its best for them to be on high levels. Such as L50 Caterpie and Weedle, L60 Metapod and Kakuna and L75 for Butterfree and Beedrill. You can use Rare Candies and Gameshark to boost them up. After you win all five(Gary too) matches, Professor Oak notices you have all your Bug Pokemon. He asks if you're a bug collector, YES or NO. If you answer NO, he says, "my mistake" and then the Hall of Fame comes up. If you answer YES, then, he takes you a cage where TRICKET the CRICKET lives! He lets you take it and use it for future battles.

Tricket is on Level 65, the same level as Gary's final Pokemon. Tricket knows Spore, Twineedle, Mega Kick(crickets like to kick their legs) and Sing. I do not know if it learns any moves. It has no link with Shadybug. Shadybug is an entirely different Pokemon. They're just bug pokemon."

Now keep in mind, I actually TRIED this code multiple times, even though there is one major flaw in the way that it's written that gives away that it doesn't work. That particular flaw being the fact that it requires you to have a party full of bugs and still make it to the Elite Four. It IS possible, but the ONLY way to do it is to make sure the last Pokemon center you healed at before starting was the one at the Indigo Plateau, and then use an escape rope in any random cave.

You'd think that would have been enough of a tip off to me, but at least I can testify that I have actually tried this… More than once (granted, I was 12 at the time) and trust me, trying to find those Pokemon in the Safari Zone in that order takes FOREVER D:

Another thing that interests me about this particular code is the fact that even the few sentences at the end about "Shadybug" were always copied with it. It is the only mention of the Pokegod "Shadybug" that I have ever come across.

GS Pokemon with prereleased pics
Bellossom
Ho-oh (houou)
Lugia
Ampharos (Denryu)
Togepi
"Pikablu"
Ledyba
Slowking

"Official" fake Pokemon
- Yoshi
- Luigi
- Venustoise

Somehow, people actually thought that Yoshi was a real Pokemon though some claimed it was an "easter egg that only changed the picture" but the whole Yoshi thing was actually an April Fool's joke.

Venustoise
Venustoise was shown on the anime series, not as a real Pokemon, but as an illusion created by Gastly in order to scare Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak".

Lots of people assumed this was a real Pokemon, even though it only appeared on screen for a few seconds. To this day, Venustoise has never been, and most likely never will be an obtainable Pokemon in any game, as it was obviously only intended to be a joke. It has never had any other appearances in official media other than the few seconds it was on screen.

Of course, even though it was obviously not real, there was (and to an extent, still is) no shortage of rumors that supposedly told you how to catch it.

Venustoise in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak"

Reoccuring things
Though not Pokegods themselves, there are a few characters and things that appeared very frequently in the codes to get them. These included:

Mist Stones
The Mist stones are a type of evolution stone that was believed to be capable of evolving every single Pokemon, even those that were already at their final evolution such as Charizard. There were usually long and complicated codes to get them.

Mr. Psychic
A wide belief was that if you put the Legendary birds in your party in order along with 3 geodudes, Mr. Psychic (the guy who gives you TM29) would tell you about the Pokegods. This is pretty constant, except that sometimes it was said that you also had to have all 150 Pokemon, and other times the Geodudes were not required.
Many sites said that having Mr. Psychic tell you about them was an "access code" that had to be done before any of the other codes would work.

Why people believed that Mr. Psychic knew something about the Pokegods in the first place is unknown. None of the codes could actually get him to tell you about them (or anything different from his standard 'LOL PSYCHIC LOWERS YOUR OPPONENT'S SPECIAL!' text).