Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

??? Type Arceus - Page 1

??? Type Arceus

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-06-24 10:11:24
According to Bulbapedia it seems theres a new glitch in D/P other than Bad Egg and it's unnamed glitch.
Apparently there's a type ??? Arceus found in the coding [img]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4930/qmarkarceuszu2.png[/img] I don't know if it's a glitch or not because Nintendo might release an event to make it that type. I wonder if we can find even more glitches by changing the value in the Arceus Type Variable

Re: ??? Type Arceus

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-24 12:30:45
That sounds fun. Lets do it.

All we need to do is just change the type variable… Now…How to do that…?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-24 21:42:30
I don't do DS hacking, but no$gba has a memory viewer, correct? Catch an Arseus, search for the hex numbers of its attacks in order, and mess around with the other values around it in a memory viewer to see what happens until you get to the type.

That might work…

Date: 2007-06-25 10:46:10
I'll try that.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-26 19:32:39
It's a placeholder, most likely. ??? is a possible type, and they want to make sure the game gracefully handles something such as changing Arceus' type to ???.

Date: 2007-06-27 09:53:38
Isn't ??? a type anyway. It is the type of moves like curse and the type of eggs.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-07-07 21:36:20
I'm not so sure ??? type Arceus was actually a glitch. Although it is not readily found in the game, I would have thought maybe they'd release a special plate for it.

Why make a seperate sprite just for a glitch?

Date: 2007-07-08 14:52:59
Have we checked the item list for one that could be it?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-07-14 06:21:14

I'm not so sure ??? type Arceus was actually a glitch. Although it is not readily found in the game, I would have thought maybe they'd release a special plate for it.

Why make a seperate sprite just for a glitch?

So if a glitch happened the game wouldn't crash?

Edit:or it might of been a beta thing

Date: 2007-07-14 17:12:46
Maybe there is a code which changes the pallette on certain items or effects. Maybe custom one could change the pallette to any colour

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-07-14 19:52:55
? ? ? is a real type.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-14 20:15:53
Most likely explanation would be an error handler. Since ? ? ? is in fact a possible type as Mist pointed out, the game use this sprite if the player did in fact manage to change Arseus into an ? ? ? type.

Date: 2007-07-15 01:04:24

Most likely explanation would be an error handler. Since ? ? ? is in fact a possible type as Mist pointed out, the game use this sprite if the player did in fact manage to change Arseus into an ? ? ? type.

Yea, or maybe an error in the type reader can change it to ? ? ?, since it in fact is likely ? ? ?, or either it would probably just change to type ? ? ? when using a ? ? ? type attack, but that is less likely to be the changer.

Date: 2007-07-15 06:50:41

Yea, or maybe an error in the type reader can change it to ? ? ?, since it in fact is likely ? ? ?, or either it would probably just change to type ? ? ? when using a ? ? ? type attack, but that is less likely to be the changer.

Is Ancient Power still ??? type. (Should we disable the ??? smiley in the Admin Section? Change the code?)
Maybe It was the Default one, before they decided to have a Normal type one. We need someone who has seen this.

Date: 2007-07-15 16:03:22

Is Ancient Power still ??? type. (Should we disable the ??? smiley in the Admin Section? Change the code?)
Maybe It was the Default one, before they decided to have a Normal type one. We need someone who has seen this.

Yeah go ahead and disable it, that way we do not have to space, anyway, I think it was changed to rock, I think, I am not sure.