Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

??? Type Arceus - Page 2

Re: ??? Type Arceus

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-07-23 16:56:20

Most likely explanation would be an error handler. Since ? ? ? is in fact a possible type as Mist pointed out, the game use this sprite if the player did in fact manage to change Arseus into an ? ? ? type.

Yea, or maybe an error in the type reader can change it to ? ? ?, since it in fact is likely ? ? ?, or either it would probably just change to type ? ? ? when using a ? ? ? type attack, but that is less likely to be the changer.

Is Ancient Power still ??? type. (Should we disable the ??? smiley in the Admin Section? Change the code?)
Maybe It was the Default one, before they decided to have a Normal type one. We need someone who has seen this.

Ancient Power is Rock type.
Anyways, if any of you get an ? ? ? Arceus,tell everyone the strengths and weaknesses of the type.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-23 17:00:00

Most likely explanation would be an error handler. Since ? ? ? is in fact a possible type as Mist pointed out, the game use this sprite if the player did in fact manage to change Arseus into an ? ? ? type.

Yea, or maybe an error in the type reader can change it to ? ? ?, since it in fact is likely ? ? ?, or either it would probably just change to type ? ? ? when using a ? ? ? type attack, but that is less likely to be the changer.

Is Ancient Power still ??? type. (Should we disable the ??? smiley in the Admin Section? Change the code?)
Maybe It was the Default one, before they decided to have a Normal type one. We need someone who has seen this.

Ancient Power is Rock type.
Anyways, if any of you get an ? ? ? Arceus,tell everyone the strengths and weaknesses of the type.

No one can get it.
And I am sure Ancient power was ??? on Crystal version.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-13 20:04:32
Cool find. I saw this on Serebii. Sounds like they just did it for fun, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-13 20:14:46
Oh yeah, I've heard of this.

Ancient Power was always Rock-type. Only Curse was ??? type.

In the Gamecube game Pokemon XD, I think the Shadow attacks were labeled the ??? type. In the first game there was just a blank where the type was supposed to be. So…Shadow Arceus then?

Date: 2007-10-14 06:28:24
No…you can't trade PkMn that are Shadow in those games to compatible ones, similar to how the Time Capsule works in G/S/C.

Date: 2007-10-19 19:50:25
Yes I'm aware of that, but that's the first thing I think of when I heard about this ???-type Arceus. Sadly, there will probably be no Shadow Pokemon in the Wii generation anyway.

Date: 2007-10-19 21:03:03
There MIGHT be…it'll definitely last longer than the GameCube, so that's more time to make another sequel. Maybe.

Date: 2007-10-21 20:27:53
What concerns me is that a lot of people disliked the Shadow Pokemon games since you could only catch a limited amount of Pokemon, no breeding, etc. Pokemon Revolution adds to those suspicions, since that game is a throwback to the more popular Stadium games of the N64 era.

I do hope they decide to make a sequel though. I'm one of those people who like the Shadow Pokemon games. They attempt to have decent plots, for one.

Back on topic: My best guess is that ??? Arceus would be a event Pokemon, if it's ever used. However, I think someone should test what types the ??? Arceus is weak/strong against.

Date: 2007-10-22 18:07:33
In XD, there were wild PkMn…

Date: 2007-10-23 17:21:32
Yeah, about 12 :P. And quite a few of those, such as Zubat and Sandshrew, were already common in the GBA games.

More importantly, there was STILL no breeding.

Date: 2007-10-23 18:10:46
They could always add any of that.

Date: 2007-10-23 18:19:20
That's true.

They could also add a feature to let yu trade Shadows to the DS games. But I can think of no reason why they would do that.

Date: 2007-10-23 18:48:07
Back on topic, shadow moves may be that type, but there is nothing new to do knowing that. :-X

Date: 2007-10-23 19:08:33
Well in XD the Shadow Type scores super effective hits on all types. The only type that doesn't take a super-effective hit is itself, where the damage is caused by half. If this applies to ??? Arceus, then its exclusive move that adjusts to its type would be uber, which would lessen the chances of it being a giveaway ???-type Pokemon in the future.

Now we just need someone to get a ??? Arceus :\. Does anyone here have a DS cheating device?

Date: 2007-10-23 20:30:31
Supereffective…oh yeah. Well they changed that from Colosseum to XD (you notice we keep posting the smiley right). Maybe just in XD (heh) it's super effective. But there are no ??? moves to test that :-\ in D/P…