Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

??? Type Arceus - Page 3

Re: ??? Type Arceus

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-27 21:48:27
Besides Curse, which does no damage (outside of its Ghost-type effects, but that's set damage). Hmm…we need somebody to hack that type into other moves to see if it still has that effect.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2007-11-06 21:27:52

Besides Curse, which does no damage (outside of its Ghost-type effects, but that's set damage). Hmm…we need somebody to hack that type into other moves to see if it still has that effect.

I've tried making attacks an ??? type. Curse is effect 109. So if you made an attack an ??? type, it wouldn't have that effect unless you changed the effect. But if you were to make it deal damage, it'd only take 1 to 3 HP damage, regardless of power.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-07 14:29:37
Maybe some glitch moves are of the ??? type. Would be hard to "hack the type into a move" anyway.

Date: 2007-11-07 18:52:11
Hmm…it's possible that a glitch move could have that type. After all, there are so many spaces left for glitch moves as well as glitch Pokemon. Has anyone documented any of the glitch moves for this gen, btw?

Posted by: UltimateGlitchSystem
Date: 2007-11-15 16:15:14
Wait, ??? is a type, which you all should know from curse.
Should the ??? Arceus Have that Green Colour to it?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-17 17:21:21

Hmm…it's possible that a glitch move could have that type. After all, there are so many spaces left for glitch moves as well as glitch Pokemon. Has anyone documented any of the glitch moves for this gen, btw?
Some Full Metal Kirby's been doing Emerald moves for a year and he's still not done.

Wait, ??? is a type, which you all should know from curse.
Should the ??? Arceus Have that Green Colour to it?
It's teal.

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2007-12-05 16:23:34

Isn't ??? a type anyway. It is the type of moves like curse and the type of eggs.

I don't think Eggs have types anymore.

Date: 2007-12-06 19:27:41
Some Full Metal Kirby's been doing Emerald moves for a year and he's still not done.

Wow. Out of all of those moves, are any of them ??? type?

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-04-08 20:05:53

Now we just need someone to get a ??? Arceus :\. Does anyone here have a DS cheating device?

Wow… Old Topic…
Well, If anyone's paying attention, I have an ARDS. But I struggle with reading and editing hex. A little help and I could get it though. I own a copy of diamond.

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-04-09 16:10:15
I wonder… has anyone tried using Judgement with the ???-type Arceus?

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-04-15 14:43:22
The reason I ask is because that I believe Judgement uses the user's Elemental-type, or maybe it just uses the element of the Plate used… in that case, you would have to hack a ??? plate, and I don't see how that will work.

Date: 2008-04-18 13:43:32
Ok, two things here.

ONE: Nobody has tried anything with a ???-type Arceus because nobody has  one.

TWO: I just realized that I have nothing to show for #2…

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-04-18 18:19:14
??? Arceus is for if a player happens to change the type of Arceus to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so the game will not freeze.  ;D

Date: 2008-04-21 13:26:20
We already have ideas as to why it is in the game already, we would like to get one to study it. Which, we need help with…

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-04-21 14:21:41
Yeah, so then you just have to delete the other types for Arceus.