Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

??? Type Arceus - Page 4

Re: ??? Type Arceus

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-04-30 17:27:45

Yeah, so then you just have to delete the other types for Arceus.

-_-"
You have little to no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-04-30 18:21:12

??? Arceus is for if a player happens to change the type of Arceus to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so the game will not freeze.  ;D

Thing is, you can't change it to "ABSOLUTLY NOTHING" because pokemon must have types unless you somehow hack the game to make no pokemon have types, but then Arceus would just revert back to its normal sprite. (white)

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-04-30 18:23:07
Not exactly.
You see, since Arceus has the ability to change types, it could be hacked to change to nothing, and thus when used the game would go wack.

Date: 2008-04-30 18:38:18

Not exactly.
You see, since Arceus has the ability to change types, it could be hacked to change to nothing, and thus when used the game would go wack.

No, if it was hacked to NOTHING, no pokemon would have a type.  Arceus changes PALLETE depending on what type it has.  Normal is it's default so if all types were removed, it would just fallback to its normal white pallete.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-04-30 18:42:58

??? Arceus is for if a player happens to change the type of Arceus to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so the game will not freeze.  ;D

I'm pretty sure you can't have a Pokemon with "nothing type". I don't know about Gen 4, but in Gen 1 the hex 00 refers to normal type. ??? is its own type - I think it's reserved exclusively to Curse, even though I might be wrong.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-05-01 13:49:40
In the 3rd Gen at least, move type 09 is ??? type. 00 is Normal, so that wouldn't make sense that there is a no type. It must be a placeholder. Maybe it was originally a different way to change type and they needed a ??? one incase somehow they got that type. Strangely ??? fits between the types…

NORMAL, FIGHTING, FLYING, POISON, GROUND, ROCK, BUG, GHOST, STEEL, ???, FIRE, WATER, GRASS, ELECTRIC, PSYCHIC, ICE, DRAGON, DARK.

My judging it seems to be a seperation between physical and special types. But I may be wrong. There some things that don't seem to fit in…

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-06 02:14:38
Hmm,I just have a weird felling that arceus is realy, the ??? type. Becausue, arceus has to have a normal type right? Well if you hack a plate so that it changes his type to hex 0E, the game may crash when looking at an arceus woth that plate, or he might have the ??? type.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-05-08 21:08:41

…type to hex 0E…

If Fivex here has the right idea, then we now have established the hex for ???-type. Now, where to put it…

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-05-09 15:08:42
Well, there should be hacking devices soon :P

Posted by: JacobGRocks
Date: 2008-05-22 09:58:12

Well, there should be hacking devices soon :P

There are some made by datel already (the company that makes Action Replay DS). It requires an ARDS to use, though.

Date: 2008-05-23 19:06:15
That's not a tool then, that's an AR which is different.  AR doesn't ROM hack.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-04 04:38:35
I go for the Beta theory on almost everything. I just wished they released a ??? type Plate.

Or Maybe Pokesav has one!

Or maybe not.

Date: 2008-10-08 03:47:30

I go for the Beta theory on almost everything. I just wished they released a ??? type Plate.

Or maybe not.
It would be possible.
Arceus doesn't rely on the plates to change typing.
It's just how the game makes sure it is what it is.
changing the sprite modifier in the .pkm file to the ??? arceuses hex and importing it into pokesav and make a code might work

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-08 07:37:46

Or maybe not.
It would be possible.
Arceus doesn't rely on the plates to change typing.
It's just how the game makes sure it is what it is.
changing the sprite modifier in the .pkm file to the ??? arceuses hex and importing it into pokesav and make a code might work

But Where IS the ??? hex?

Date: 2008-10-08 23:49:15
Probally somewere inbetwween the type hexes.
also I ment forme modifier, not sprite modifier.