Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

??? Type Arceus - Page 5

Re: ??? Type Arceus

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-09 05:02:29
Oh.

Well, I hope you find one. When I first saw the ??? Arceus I asked myself.

"Where did they find one? Or is it fake?"

Good luck finding it. I'm kinda busy playing with hexes in PMD 2.
I have a hovering Chimecho, a statue, and a decoy.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-12-01 17:48:27

Bwah… How long has it been since I last posted?

That's always fun. I found glitchy morphing blob that changes based on any pokemon in the room.

ANYWAY, That could work, but we would have to look pretty extensively. And if there's one thing that I know about coding of any kind,(Nearly the whole time I've been quiet, I've been tinkering with this and that) It's that when you take something out, You have to put something back in. So we have two things to do here:

1: Pretty much go Crash Editing (making smart guesses about where the values we want may be and editing them to test what they control) until we find what we're looking for.

2: Once we find the value to edit, toy with it and see what each value does. You know, go down the line: 00, 01, 02, 03, etc…

Posted by: HTMLCODER.exe
Date: 2008-12-03 08:02:05
That's what I call "Incremental hacking". ^_^

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-12-04 02:36:43
That's always fun. I found glitchy morphing blob that changes based on any pokemon in the room.

Please give the hex through PM. It'll add to my collection of placeholders, including my Regigigas statue.

Date: 2008-12-04 19:11:47

Please give the hex through PM. It'll add to my collection of placeholders, including my Regigigas statue.

Done.

Now then. Let's toy with stuff!

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2009-02-08 06:27:29

Why make a seperate sprite just for a glitch?

So if someone tries to mess with it the game can handle it properley.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-09 11:03:48

Oh.

Well, I hope you find one. When I first saw the ??? Arceus I asked myself.

"Where did they find one? Or is it fake?"

I think I've found the answer to where people found the sprite, it seems that hackers originally attempted to dig into the front and back sprites in the first place. I fairly remember when Diamond and Pearl just came out in Japan there was a website which already ripped the party icons and thus revealing shaymin, arceus and all the Mt Coronet exclusive evolutions before anybody had gotten that far in the game.

Some hackers must have hacked the sprites in order to present them on helpful websites or as the use of avatars etc. The arceus front and back sprites were not the only beta elements, bulbapedia has pictures of other beta back and front sprites which were not included in the final game.

Some seem to be simple and comical mistakes for example there is one backsprite of Jirachi  which seems to be the wrong dimensions and so does not fit

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/8/88/Betajirachi.png[/img]

Some are much more interesting for example shellos had 'scales' near its body and Gastrodon was much more 'bumpy'

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/4/41/Spr_4dp_422_beta.png[/img]

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/0/07/Spr_4dp_423_beta.png[/img]

There is also a 'glitched' mudkip back sprite which seems to prove the programmers kept graphical mistakes into the game.

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/e/ed/Betamudkip.PNG[/img]

Here is the original Arceus back sprite

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/4/46/Spr_b_g4_493-Unknown.png[/img]

Here is the original page I found this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl_beta

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-09 22:32:31
ACtually, ??? arceus is fully coded. It reverts to the normal form apon entereing battle, unless the game is hacked so that there is a plate that turns arceus into it.

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2009-09-02 13:59:03
I have three possible solutions to that problem:

Easy Solution: [spoiler]Make a code to change an item's effect so that it would access Arceus' ??? type[/spoiler]

Moderate Solution: [spoiler]making a code that would make the game think Arceus had an item that would give him the ??? type[/spoiler]

Difficult Solution: [spoiler]Finding a placeholder item, writing a code to overwrite that spot, and replacing it with a item that would allow access to Arceus' ??? Type [/spoiler]

(unfortunatly, I don't know how to write those codes, so someone else would have to do it)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-09-02 15:46:32

I have three possible solutions to that problem:

Easy Solution: [spoiler]Make a code to change an item's effect so that it would access Arceus' ??? type[/spoiler]

Moderate Solution: [spoiler]making a code that would make the game think Arceus had an item that would give him the ??? type[/spoiler]

Difficult Solution: [spoiler]Finding a placeholder item, writing a code to overwrite that spot, and replacing it with a item that would allow access to Arceus' ??? Type [/spoiler]

(unfortunatly, I don't know how to write those codes, so someone else would have to do it)

Or the very hard but only one that works solution:
[spoiler]Hack the game's rom so that a plate is ascociated with the ??? type. It has been done.[/spoiler]

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-02-23 14:26:43
Why is this stickied again?

Date: 2010-02-24 00:13:41
Anymore? I think it's just a reminder of old projects. Maybe nobody's seen it who would lock it or take similar measures. Honestly, my second AR broke a lo-ong time ago. And I'm not apt to buy a third. Though I want to, they just die too easily for me.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-04-03 19:13:31
Is it the same for HG/SS?