Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Conficker plans to make a comeback - Page 4

Re: Conficker plans to make a comeback

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-09-07 11:29:23
Fast typing is a curse to me.

Anyway Conficker is currently keeping quiet right now, there hasn't been any news on any new attacks/movements/orders of Conficker yet, so its either plotting something, or its up to something, or waiting for new commands from its creator(s). Dozer, has been a bit quiet since the 1st of September, so who knows what these two are up to.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-07 13:11:13
You guys see what I mean? I dropped the subject, said I was sorry, and left, and then she STILL gave the damn 'oh deal with me Im autistic' speech. Whatever. Peace

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-09-07 13:32:55
(Sorry yami) but lol

Date: 2009-09-07 13:37:51
Oh, shut up for once peachY.

The article I was reading, that seemed the systems infected with Conficker.D, could be receaving new orders, but nothing's been said yet.

Date: 2009-09-07 13:38:53
where are your sources?
How did you find out about this?

Date: 2009-09-07 13:44:31
I check on Google. I type in Conficker/W32.Dozer, and other places of news articles, say from other countries, about the attacks they get from Conficker/Dozer.

Date: 2009-09-07 13:46:10
ah, google again saves the day.

Date: 2009-09-07 14:15:15
*Chuckles* Well, it has been useful of the times Conficker was running about before it became quiet. So, it plans to come back with avengence it would seem.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-09-07 20:11:17
Geez Yami, can I go more than three days on this website without learning something new? ;)

Thanks a lot- I have Vista, and I knew virtually nothing about Conficker or any of the mentioned viruses before I read this thread; this info puts my guard up, especially when it comes to my e-mail.

Date: 2009-09-07 20:28:10
XD You're welcome. I have Vista on my laptop, as I use Avast!, and I mainly use Google Mail for most thing these days but I still keep getting stupid junk email at my Hotmail account. But ever since I was 9, I was interested in how viruses are made to be, and how they work, where I wanted to find ways to build defences against viruses/worms, over the years but I never did get that far, so all I can do now is learn about them, and warn others.

Date: 2009-09-09 13:52:16
Imo you should switch to linux yami. You just have bad luck with windows.

Date: 2009-09-09 14:02:43
I've had problems with fucking Windows for years. If I had a Lunix built PC sure, but no I'll stick to Windows because Lunix wouldn't be able to handle Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 when it comes out.

Date: 2009-09-09 16:10:20
I think it supports guild wars. Im out.

Date: 2009-09-09 16:22:50
If you've seen what Guild Wars needs, then I doubt a Lunix can.

Anyway, Dozer and Conficker are currently quiet, no doubt plotting something, so I'll keep an eye out for any news.

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-09-09 16:44:28
Not to be off topic (I'll delete this soon Yami) but who here DOESN"T have autism? (Oh and you mispelled PeachY, I know, I know it's cause you type fast.)

Not a lot of new members, but you'd be surprised.
I, for one, do not.