Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Most Hated Pokemon - Page 9

Re: Most Hated Pokemon

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-05 19:33:09
And Dunsparce and Yanma. You have to go through ALL that to get them, and they have an ABSOLUTELY USELESS MOVE SET, making them worthless!

And…doesn't Diglett look like a big living piece of crap? I actually like them though, they have AWFUL HP and Defense, but they have such high attack power and speed that they can often win on the first turn. Same with the Abra family:abysmal HP and Defense, but very high speed and Special Attack.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-05 20:39:13
I happen to like Dunsparce, even if I can't tell what the hell it's supposed to be XD. I caught one early on Silver (got lost in the cave before Violet Town, since I couldn't see where I was going, and while I was in there I caught my Dunsparce Spar) and I found him quite useful. True, they're not really competetive play material, but they're still fun if you can get one early on.

Oy, the Legendary cats were such a pain to catch back then…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-06 10:07:15

I happen to like Dunsparce, even if I can't tell what the hell it's supposed to be XD.

Really? Well, I hate Dunsparce!

Date: 2007-10-06 13:13:10
I'm aware that most people do :P. However, I was lucky to get one early on in Silver, as I said, and if you get it then it can be quite useful for a while. It's sturdier than most early Pokemon

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-06 14:03:01
I like Dunsparce too, I hate…….. well I hate any pokemon that always shows up in grass like weedle and so on.

Date: 2007-10-06 14:11:09
I hate constantly getting Magikarp when I'm looking for Horsea. And raising low-level Magikarp.

Date: 2007-10-06 14:28:39

I hate constantly getting Magikarp when I'm looking for Horsea. And raising low-level Magikarp.
It's the same thing with me!

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-06 14:32:52

It's the same thing with me!

Probably because Magikarp are much more common than Horsea.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-06 20:02:09

And raising low-level Magikarp.
Don't really see how that's annoying.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-06 20:09:46

And raising low-level Magikarp.
Don't really see how that's annoying.

Because they're literally useless in battle, you have to bring it out then switch it with another Pokemon every battle. And only then, it gains half the exp it normally would.

Gyarados is totally worth it, though.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-07 07:49:24
EXP. Share is my only way of training.

Date: 2007-10-07 12:17:11
Same here.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-07 13:23:41
-Start a new game on Red or Blue.
-Go through the game until you come across the Magikarp salesman. Buy the Magikarp.
-Buy Antidotes until you're out of money.
-Toss all your items.
-Release all your Pokemon except lv.5 Magikarp.
-???
-Profit!

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-07 13:27:14

-Start a new game on Red or Blue.
-Go through the game until you come across the Magikarp salesman. Buy the Magikarp.
-Buy Antidotes until you're out of money.
-Toss all your items.
-Release all your Pokemon except lv.5 Magikarp.
-???
-Profit!

Woohoo! Fun!

Oh, & you forgot to add '-Save your game.' after releasing your Pokemon.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-07 14:03:17
It's actually better to do on FireRed because you can't trade with one Pokemon.