Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Most Hated Pokemon - Page 10

Re: Most Hated Pokemon

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-07 14:18:08
On one of the glitch hacks (either Dimension ? or Superglitch) If you buy that Magikarp it is the strongest Pokemon you can get for a long time.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-07 14:49:06
lol

Yeah, if you've got Exp. Share then it isn't that bad. But if you're trying to raise a Magicarp early in the game like I was…

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-07 14:55:54

-Start a new game on Red or Blue.
-Go through the game until you come across the Magikarp salesman. Buy the Magikarp.
-Buy Antidotes until you're out of money.
-Toss all your items.
-Release all your Pokemon except lv.5 Magikarp.
-???
-Profit!

OUCH. That is gonna suck…

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-07 15:15:11

-Start a new game on Red or Blue.
-Go through the game until you come across the Magikarp salesman. Buy the Magikarp.
-Buy Antidotes until you're out of money.
-Toss all your items.
-Release all your Pokemon except lv.5 Magikarp.
-???
-Profit!

Woohoo! Fun!

Oh, & you forgot to add '-Save your game.' after releasing your Pokemon.

Though on Red and blue, you could trade your Magikarp for a fainted Charizard 'M (That is always Fun :P)

Date: 2007-10-07 16:10:24
I remember hating MissingNo for a while b/c it screwed up my HoF

Of course, I like the screwed-up HoF now XD

Date: 2007-10-14 16:28:58
What about Shuckle? He has the lowest Speed, Special Attack and Attack of all, and has the highest Defense and Special Defense of all. So when he attacks, he'll barely make a dent, but when you attack him, you will barely make a dent in him.

And Gligar. I mean seriously, does Ground/Flying EVEN MAKE SENSE as a type combo?!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-14 17:15:20

What about Shuckle? He has the lowest Speed, Special Attack and Attack of all, and has the highest Defense and Special Defense of all. So when he attacks, he'll barely make a dent, but when you attack him, you will barely make a dent in him.

And Gligar. I mean seriously, does Ground/Flying EVEN MAKE SENSE as a type combo?!

Shuckle has a high special defence stat, but its attacks suck.

Date: 2007-10-14 17:27:04
Also a high Defense, but all its other stats suck BADLY.

More useless Pokemon:Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Magikarp, Tyrogue, Shedinja.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-14 19:55:26
The Hooked Metapod doesn't suck.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-15 11:54:12

More useless Pokemon:Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Magikarp, Tyrogue, Shedinja.

Shedinja is just plain annoying to face, but impossible to use.

Date: 2007-10-15 14:45:50
Beldum's not good for much either.

No, the Hooked METAPOD doesn't suck.
HE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Shedinja's useless. HE"S ONLY GOT ONE FRIGGIN' HP. And most people I know usually pack a Fire Pokemon.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-15 15:00:19

Yeah, Shedinja's useless. HE"S ONLY GOT ONE FRIGGIN' HP. And most people I know usually pack a Fire Pokemon.

Problem is when I'm against it.
If my Pokemon's only anti-Shedinja move is Fire Blast ([size=8pt]for example[/size]), when I attack the Shedinja with it, with my luck it'll miss. Leaving the annoying creature to use Spite on it & reduce Fire Blast's PP to zero.
That's darn annoying.

Date: 2007-10-15 15:11:17
Zigzagoon. Not that they suck, it's just that THEY'RE FRICKING EVERYWHERE. In EVERY SINGLE ROUTE WITH GRASS IN R/S/E, you WILL find them. It gets so DAMN ANNOYING fighting them.

Date: 2007-10-19 20:06:08
Problem is when I'm against it.
If my Pokemon's only anti-Shedinja move is Fire Blast (for example), when I attack the Shedinja with it, with my luck it'll miss. Leaving the annoying creature to use Spite on it & reduce Fire Blast's PP to zero.
That's darn annoying

You can kill it with Sandstorm effects, and also with Future Sight. Is it affected by Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes?

And yeah, as cute (and useful) as Zigzagoon are, they get annoying in the wild.

…Remember the Ghost Tower in RBY? God, that place was awful. If the wild Gastly didn't put you to sleep, they paralyzed you with Lick or used Confuse Ray on you. Ugh.

Date: 2007-10-20 12:05:26
Which is why I use Max Repels.

Or you could use the cheat to get past the Ghost without the Silph Scope.  :P

Chansey is fairly useless too. His attack and defense are even lower than Magikarp's. They're almost MICROSCOPIC. Sure, he has 600 HP, but with a low defense, he could still go out in only a few turns.

Ditto has problems, too. His stats are so low that he rarely can take advantage of Transform. Usually, the other Pokemon ends up beating him anyway… But, if you're looking for something for breeding, then Ditto is for you.  ;D