Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Forum Bug List and Reports - Page 1

Forum Bug List and Reports

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2011-08-07 23:08:51
This topic is to be used during the semi-private beta for a list of new bugs and bugs to be squashed/have been squashed.  Please report any bugs you find here.

This is a developing list of bugs that includes theme issues.

Re: Forum Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2011-08-14 16:52:12
oh lookie here.

links in moved topic messages are missing the "forums.glitchcity.info" in the URLs as it is here

This topic has been moved to Pokémon Discussion.

[iurl=///index.php?topic=6365.0]/index.php?topic=6365.0[/iurl]

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-14 18:28:21

[li]Avatars do not show completely (i.e. Yuzihax's DiscoBrock) on forum posts, although they do in profile.[/li]

Update, even though Yuzihax's avatar now shows on forum posts, to clarify other profiles are still affected by the problem, some in their profile page as well e.g. Tombstoner's (I'm assuming you didn't remove your avatar, so if you're reading this please correct me if I'm wrong!).

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-08-14 19:23:35
Idk if this is wrong or isn't, but when I post, I'm automatically redirected to the board while I should stay in the thread where I posted.

Date: 2011-08-14 21:06:19
That's how SMF works, there might be a setting in your profile you need to change.

Yeah, there is.  Go to profile > change settings > look and layout then check the box that says "return to topic after posting by default."

[li]Avatars do not show completely (i.e. Yuzihax's DiscoBrock) on forum posts, although they do in profile.[/li]

Update, even though Yuzihax's avatar now shows on forum posts, to clarify other profiles are still affected by the problem, some in their profile page as well e.g. Tombstoner's (I'm assuming you didn't remove your avatar, so if you're reading this please correct me if I'm wrong!).

All old avatars that were uploaded aren't showing up for some reason.  Re-uploading fixes this but not for members who no longer go here.  It's some kind of directory bug I'm guessing. For clairification, the bug I was addressing is that large avatars don't have a scrollbar in posts, and instead get cut off like Yuzi's.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-08-14 21:35:17
It worked. Thanks. :D

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2011-08-15 00:36:57
I will be upgrading the forum to 2.0 Final sometime this week (its currently still on RC5). Until then I won't be doing bugfixes that require code mods (the buddy list issue looks like one of these). After the upgrade we'll see how many bugs have been fixed.

Date: 2011-08-16 17:59:09
Hmm… AM/PM don't seem to be showing up.

Date: 2011-08-19 21:24:04
The forum was upgraded. I'll look into that.

Date: 2011-08-20 02:21:19
This error report may help:

8: Undefined index: time_am

8: Undefined index: time_pm

edit: Seems none of the reported bugs were fixed by the upgrade, sadly.

Posted by: eric the espeon
Date: 2011-09-07 11:22:21
The forum names are extremely hard to read before registration, white on mottled light gray/white is not the best choice. http://i.imgur.com/VLmgC.png

Registration requires no less than five unique questions which almost no one will know without extensive searching (took me quite a while to find, and I know my way around the site roughly, still had to guess one of them), along with a capacha. This is waaaay over the top anti-spambot protection and will prevent almost all casual users from registering. Just the capacha is plenty to stop almost all spambots, maybe keep one much easier unique question if you're really paranoid about spambots. http://i.imgur.com/WHdiS.png

Also, not quite as direct a problem, but having a way to dismiss the large bold paragraph on the forum index about forum rules once you have read them would be really nice. It could be implemented as a dismissable announcement rather than as a permanent redirect forum, making the forum index much less clogged up. Similarly, though it takes up much less space, the link to the main site in the forum index could be removed in favor of making the top-right logo a link to the main page, as most sites do.

Date: 2011-09-07 15:05:31
Something's wrong with your browser, that text is actually dark grey.  Try forcing a cache refresh (shift+refresh) or updating.

(See attachment)

The number of questions that need answered has been reduced 2 and the questions given will randomize.

Thank you for your input! :)

Posted by: eric the espeon
Date: 2011-09-07 15:28:07

Something's wrong with your browser, that text is actually dark grey.  Try forcing a cache refresh (shift+refresh) or updating.

The forum names are extremely hard to read before registration, white on mottled light gray/white is not the best choice. http://i.imgur.com/VLmgC.png

It's just that color for people who have not registered, most likely due to them not being able to post/there being no new posts. When I'm logged in I have the same as you, but before the very light/hard to read color is used.

The number of questions that need answered has been reduced 2 and the questions given will randomize.

Much better, though still maybe a little more than needed in my opinion. It's not like a spambot will get through a single unique question. or even a capatcha most likely.

Thank you for your input! :)

No prob. Will post more as I find it :)

Date: 2011-09-07 15:31:57
Actually, the questions were put up due to mass spambot accounts getting through the high-end (not extreme) captcha.

Date: 2011-09-24 20:30:02
Those category names should not be white. I will look into that.

Good idea about the rules reminder text by the way.