Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Forum Bug List and Reports - Page 2

Re: Forum Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2011-09-24 21:20:09
Buddy lists should work now, but I'd like some others besides me to try it before I mark it as fixed.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2011-10-22 16:35:18
Bad encoding in old posts. Unicode characters converted to question marks. Example.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2011-10-22 17:59:04
The redirect "topic" in the forums directs back to the old GCL URL and brings up a maintenance message.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2011-11-18 03:15:47
I just noticed a bug. On the forums, in the toolbar on the left, the first block of links is labelled as "ItemDex" for some reason?

Date: 2011-11-19 00:32:05
fixed. that sort of issue's happened quite a few times. it has to deal with character encodings.

basically what the forum's doing is grabbing MediaWiki:Sidebar and parsing it out. the syntax of this page is simple enough, but sometimes a UTF-8 byte order mark is added, which throws off the parser.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-07-30 02:45:21
A minor bug: The time is off. I'm typing this post at 12:53 PST and the time is coming up as 23:44, when it should be 0:53.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-07-30 14:51:48
That's your profile, go under "look and layout" and hit auto detect time.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-12-09 01:12:30
Malacoda's messing with the function of the list tags, ignore the pokeballs.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-11-07 02:11:07
So I dunno if this is a bug or a design flaw that's always been there and I never noticed, but the layout doesn't take nicely to long posts with no line breaks. Just take a look at the press Ctrl+V and post thread. Unless you're fatally allergic to stretched screens, because then you would die. Most of those stretchy posts are my fault, but anyway.

I've played around a bit with Chrome's element inspector thingy, and it's easily fixable by adding a
.inner {
word-break: break-word;
}
CSS rule. Though I can't be bothered to test this in any other browser (it allegedly should work in every browser not named Opera, even IE6), and I don't know how possible it is or isn't to add new CSS tweaks to SMF.

Date: 2013-11-08 00:03:59
Thanks, noted.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-03-16 21:19:46
This is an old post, but list behaviour has been bugging me:

1, numeric lists don't have numbers.
Typing this:
[list type=decimal]
[li]This should be 1[/li]
[li]This should be 2[/li]
[li]This should be 3[/li]
[/list]

Gives this:

2, the Pokeballs on lists are aligned with the middle. 
Typing this:
[list]
[li]I'm a single item.[/li]
[li]I'm another list item.[/li]
[li]The following will be a sublist, or indented bullet points.[/li]
[li][list]
[li]Item 1[/li]
[li]Item 2[/li]
[/list][/li]
[li]And this is the end of that list.[/li]
[li]And here is a list item with many new lines:
BLA
BLA
BLA
BLA[/li]
[/list]

Gives this:

I'm pretty sure the same applies to the wiki.  It's been confusing me greatly. 

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-03-17 04:08:05

This is an old post, but list behaviour has been bugging me:

1, numeric lists don't have numbers.
Typing this:
[list type=decimal]
[/list]

Gives this:

2, the Pokeballs on lists are aligned with the middle. 
Typing this:
[list]
[li][list]
[li]Item 1[/li]
[li]Item 2[/li]
[/list][/li]
BLA
BLA
BLA
BLA[/li]
[/list]

Gives this:

[li]

[li]Item 1[/li]
      [li]Item 2[/li]
    [/li]
    BLA
    BLA
    BLA
    BLA[/li]

I'm pretty sure the same applies to the wiki.  It's been confusing me greatly. 

More things that can be fixed by quick modifying CSS (I should probably look into Stylebot or whatever it's called unless there's some other way for me to touch things I shouldn't):

The first is because of line 4427 in index.css?rc5 (right near the bottom) causing the padding to overlap where the numbers should go, if you change it to 0 or remove the line entirely you can see the numbers to the left of the Pokéballs though it is indented and maybe that's a bad thing though I don't think so.

The second is on line 4433 of the same file can be changed from where it says left center; to left top; or what have you if it is a problem.

Though the issues you mention are in theory subjective and whoever put the CSS rules in place in the first place might disagree with you, I dunno.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2014-03-26 11:27:33
Above the forum banner & "Hello SCf3, Show unread posts since last visit" there's this huge paragraph of code and it's making the font bigger on the forums. Not sure what it is, but figured I'd bring it to someone's attention.

Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-03-26 12:41:30
My version:
Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Oh and preview doesn't work.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-03-26 14:48:46
I get camper's version (just two notices), and like what scf3 says, the font size is made bigger. Preview works for me, though.

Did you mean the "the message body was left empty." message when you try to preview a blank page, camper?

I'll email Abwayax about these problems.