Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Forum Bug List and Reports - Page 3

Re: Forum Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2014-03-26 15:19:23
I got Torchickens's email and looked into the problem. It looks like the server ran out of memory and the OS killed some processes in order to reclaim it, including the memcached service, which provides caching to several web applications on this server (notably GCLF and Infinitypedia). I have a good hunch about what might have caused it to happen, but I'll look into it later.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-03-26 18:37:55
Thanks Abwayax. The problem is gone now, for me. I just want to make sure: is it still happening for anyone else?

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-03-26 18:59:35
Not happening to me. 

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-03-26 23:33:06
Yeah Preview works now.

Last night it just showed "Fetching preview…" and stopped there.

Date: 2014-03-27 05:24:21

Not happening to me. 

Yeah Preview works now.

Last night it just showed "Fetching preview…" and stopped there.

Ah, that's good then.

Date: 2014-03-27 08:17:29
I will note that I get sometimes get something like "Session timed out" when I try to post, but that happens when I spend too long on it. 

Date: 2014-04-02 03:20:57
Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732 Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

It's here again.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-04-02 07:14:48
Happening to me now. Also (and this is possibly related because it occurred at the same time) all font sizes are Xbox huge.

Date: 2014-04-02 08:17:23
Same thing for me.  Yay php. 

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-04-02 11:07:57
I'm not sure why the font sizes grew. Maybe because of the memcache problem.

Date: 2014-04-08 08:11:01
After pressing the Post button, the message is successfully posted but I'm not directed to the new post. The page never loads.

EDIT: The new post loads after 1 minute, but that's just a long wait.

EDIT2: Edits load instantly.

Date: 2014-04-08 11:07:45
I'm not sure if I am experiencing that. 

This post is for testing.

EDIT: Not happening to me.

Date: 2014-04-15 11:56:51
GCL just redirected me to the register page with a blank form and without any messages that I answered the wrong answer or another thing.

One of my YouTube video viewers is having trouble registering here. Going to see if I can make a new account.

Edit: I was able to make one. Things that might matter:

1) Whether you entered an email address (I entered one).
2) Whether your authentication method is password or OpenID (mine was password).
3) If you really entered the same password twice/the right captcha answer/the right glitch questions (I did).

Date: 2014-04-15 17:19:10

GCL just redirected me to the register page with a blank form and without any messages that I answered the wrong answer or another thing.

One of my YouTube video viewers is having trouble registering here. Going to see if I can make a new account.

Edit: I was able to make one. Things that might matter:

1) Whether you entered an email address (I entered one).
2) Whether your authentication method is password or OpenID (mine was password).
3) If you really entered the same password twice/the right captcha answer/the right glitch questions (I did).

On a somewhat-related subject, I remember that one of the questions about glitches linked to a non-existent page.  It had a parenthesis at the end, if I remember correct.  I can't remember the details. 

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2014-04-15 17:25:19

On a somewhat-related subject, I remember that one of the questions about glitches linked to a non-existent page.  It had a parenthesis at the end, if I remember correct.  I can't remember the details. 
That'd be this one:

(Use numbers) ( http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Glitch_City_(Red/Blue/Yellow) ) To go to glitch city using the process needed in R/B/Y, how many walking steps do you need to take? (For the P.A. system to ding):

The right parenthesis isn't part of the URL so it links to a non-existent page. I have no idea how to fix that but if someone can its that one.

edit: oh hey i did it. how about that.