Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Discussion

Forum Bug List and Reports - Page 4

Re: Forum Bug List and Reports

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2014-04-16 17:52:56
I need to redo the bot captcha, but I can't touch SMF plugins until malacoda gets done with the maintenance (which will be 25 years from now :P)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-05-10 16:33:24
I don't know if this is on my side or if this is server-side, but whenever I try to make a post on the forum, the posting always takes quite a long time to actually post.
Meaning, if I hit post after making a reply, no matter how short the reply is, I always have to end up waiting 2-3 minutes for the reply to go through. Does this happen with anyone else?

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2014-05-10 18:49:21
Actually, opening the index in another tab after hitting the post button shows the post goes through in the normal amount of time and it just takes the post page a really long time to refresh or whatever it does when you post.

At least it does for me, anyway, and I have no idea why.

e: this was actually all covered on the previous page of this topic, or at least the bug was already reported.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-05-10 19:08:39

I don't know if this is on my side or if this is server-side, but whenever I try to make a post on the forum, the posting always takes quite a long time to actually post.
Meaning, if I hit post after making a reply, no matter how short the reply is, I always have to end up waiting 2-3 minutes for the reply to go through. Does this happen with anyone else?

This happens to me all the time as well, and I know damn well it's not my internet connection being slow. I'll try posting this as a non-quick reply to see if it's not that.

EDIT: Still takes a while.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-10 20:02:34

This happens to me all the time as well, and I know damn well it's not my internet connection being slow. I'll try posting this as a non-quick reply to see if it's not that.

EDIT: Still takes a while.

It sometimes happens to me.  It definitely is the refreshing that takes time though.  It fully posts but doesn't refresh. 

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-11 05:34:01
Edits are instant though.

Posted by: Crystal6
Date: 2014-07-27 23:55:34
There doesn't appear to be a way to search the wiki for pages?

There's one that searches the forums and I THINK the one near the bottom of the screen might hypothetically be for that purpose but it doesn't seem to work no matter what I use it for.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-07-28 15:13:27

There doesn't appear to be a way to search the wiki for pages?

Yeah, that really needs to be fixed. The button doesn't work, but I don't know if there's a way to search the wiki with a custom URL. Even if there is, that would be an un-ideal way of searching. You can do a Google search for 'site:glitchcity.info/wiki/:(your query)', but I don't know how often Google updates our pages.

Also, you can always go on Special:AllPages, but it's harder to find something that way.

There's one that searches the forums and I THINK the one near the bottom of the screen might hypothetically be for that purpose but it doesn't seem to work no matter what I use it for.

It works for me with a query at least two characters long.

Does the other search button work?

[img]http://i.minus.com/jnqUcZBH2XLTP.png[/img]

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-07-28 16:13:49
That search button works fine.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-20 14:06:36
I just noticed that the Microsoft account code here is very outdated since it still refers to when the services were branded under "The Microsoft Network" (MSN) moniker.

Clicking on a user's "MSN Messenger" link leads to https://members.msn.com/pagenotfounderror.aspx which itself redirects to the equivalent error page on OneDrive. I don't know what the modern equivalent to this old URL is but perhaps this should be replaced with code for Skype usernames and with support for both old Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts (in which Skype usernames are internally generated as live:<username from the Microsoft account's e-mail address>)?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2015-02-20 14:34:04
I wouldn't recommend posting your skype username publicly on the internet.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2015-02-20 15:09:03

I wouldn't recommend posting your skype username publicly on the internet.

Neither do I nor would I do it. But the current implementation on GCLF is outdated and broken so I suggested replacing it with Skype. Either that or it's removed for good.

Posted by: ~Poke~
Date: 2015-09-25 09:30:19
A minor note. I signed up for email notifications, but they get sent to spam in gmail. The reason given is that apparently they violate some kind of Google guideline? It links to this.

My thoughts on this are basically "Fuck off Google", so I made a never spam filter. Still, this is apparently something inherent to the emails themselves that's probably getting triggered for all gmail users.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2016-03-17 16:46:30
I've noticed that the youtube tags don't work properly, and you can't seem to embed a youtube video in posts anymore. Likewise, all the previous embedded videos don't work at all anymore and just show up as non clickable images. I made a search for Youtube but nothing seemed to pop up so forgive me if this has been brought up before. :P Edit on another note, I notice if you try to click account settings under the profile tab you get a 500 error stating the page isn't working. Just thought I'd bring that up as well.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-03-17 22:26:04
Please for the love of $DEITY if you fix YouTube embedding don't make the videos autoplay.