Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Game-Breaking Glitches? - Page 3

Re: Game-Breaking Glitches?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-25 14:03:43
Did it mess up both games doing that? Or just the old one?

Also, has anyone actually had the game cartridge completely break on them? I've heard it's rare, but I'd like to know if there's are certain things that are more likely to do that.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-25 16:59:03

I erased my safe file by hybridizing 'M with .4 with superglitch,evolving the hybridized 'M and then attempting to trade the kanga to Silver,I was bored.I think it messed up the needed 50 since my name turned blank…
Deleted just from that? Was it the superglitch move that did it?

Date: 2007-09-25 17:35:03
I thought hybrids were stable after evolution

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-09-26 06:02:09
I also thought Hybrids were stable,Silver froze when I tried to view the Kanga's data.I think it deleted because it messed up the name,you know removing the needed 50.

Date: 2007-09-28 11:42:55
Yeah, like the ZZAZZ glitch does when it turns your name into ZZZZZHZZZDZZZSZZZZXZZZ or whatever.

I traded a Lv 80 Golduck caught on the coast from my old games to my Crystal, but there were no problems. But that was just lv.80

Date: 2007-09-28 16:20:32
Lv.80?!

Date: 2007-09-29 17:51:03
That what I first thought when I encountered it on Cinnabar's coast (this was before I knew of the over-level-100 pokemon) so I caught it :P. I named him Fluke, and he's behaved just fine ever since. But like I said, he's just lv.80. He's never been over level 100 or had a weird HP bar.

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-09-30 02:08:48

That what I first thought when I encountered it on Cinnabar's coast (this was before I knew of the over-level-100 pokemon) so I caught it :P. I named him Fluke, and he's behaved just fine ever since. But like I said, he's just lv.80. He's never been over level 100 or had a weird HP bar.

That's odd,I thought the lowest level you could produce is 128(except for 'M ofcourse)

Posted by: Mini Mew
Date: 2007-09-30 03:50:46
80 is the lowest level with MissingNO and 'M…well is l.v 0

P.S I did deleat the game by doing random glitchs and typeing random GS codes.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-30 05:32:14
Lv80 Pokemon are caused by the end of name marker. So I guess it is possible to do.

'M is caused by the ending code, which is 50 00
If you somehow forced a letter into existance then deleted it… it would be 50 80

I'll see if it is possible.

EDIT: Did you call yourself RED from the autoselection?
RED is actually RED[end]ASH[end]JAC

EDIT2: Strangely ASH is
ASH[END]JACK[END]NE

And JACK is:
JACK[end]NEW[space]NA

EDIT3:
RED's wild Pokemon:
Mewtwo Level 132
Golduck Level 80
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80
Golbat Level 128

ASH's wild Pokemon:
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80
Golbat Level 128
MissingNO. Level 138
Snorlax Level 141 

JACK's wild Pokemon:
Golbat Level 128
MissingNO. Level 138
Snorlax Level 141
MissingNO. Level 150
Golduck Level 141

Can someone confirm these?
Also there is OLD MAN's Pokemon.. But I'll only do those if anyone wants them.

Date: 2007-09-30 09:37:33
Wait, that mean she actually put the end sign in her name? Wow…

Date: 2007-09-30 15:27:11
For some reason, the autoselection names have the next name automatically on it.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-30 16:06:43

Yeah, but I doubt that was it. Unless LedZepplin happened to notice that some of your Pokemon randomly changed into exploding Bulbasaurs.

No, there were no exploding Bulbasaurs in my game.

Date: 2007-09-30 19:20:55
Did you call yourself RED from the autoselection?

Yes, I did. I figured that why my Golduck was just Lv.80.

RED's wild Pokemon:
Mewtwo Level 132
Golduck Level 80
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80 (possibly)

Yep, got all of those Pokemon (I about died when I saw the Mewtwo. Luckily he had no actual attacks, just defensive moves) I got a Lv.128 Golbat as well (the first over-level Pokemon I ever saw, me and my sis freaked) Is that normal for Red?

Btw LedZeplin, this is from early trsrockin.

From Saydipup:

A little while ago, I made a small, but important discovery on Glitch city.

Now personally, I'm not really a person to mess around with dangerous glitches. I'd do the Mew Glitch, duplicate items, and the occassional trip to Glitch city, but that was it. Now, as I was saying. I was on the bus, coming home from camp. I had been telling this guy about Glitch city and the Mew glitch for the whole week, and I had brought my brother's Blue Version that day. I let him use it to go explore glitch city before he went home to try it on his game. I made sure I watched over his shoulder.

Some days later, I turned on the Blue Version again. I was next to the entrance of the Safari Zone, where the guy had saved for the Glitch City trick. Figures. I had left through the entrance to get out of the Safari Zone quickly, but as usual, no one asked if I was leaving early. I didn't want to go to Glitch City, I had other things to do. So I shut off my game. I turned it back on, and my jaw dropped.

I had discovered how Glitch City deletes your file, the hard way. The file was gone. All of it. I had saved all the pokemon on Pokemon Stadium 2, reset the game to get Mew, and put them all back, just to get it all deleted. My very first pokemon were on that!!! (A bunch of pixels with sentimental value)

Now, this may not seem like a very big discovery, but it's vital to those who don't want their file deleted. I noticed that no one mentioned exactly HOW Glitch City can delete your file, so I though you should know. I don't want anyone making the same mistake I did. I won't be able to do anything with Blue Version for a while, (my brother is VERY angry, and says that he won't let me play it ever again. I'll just wait 'till he forgets) but in the meantime, I'm going to spread the word of my small discovery. I hope I've been of help to you.

Does that sound like what you did?

Date: 2007-10-01 10:52:45

Did you call yourself RED from the autoselection?

Yes, I did. I figured that why my Golduck was just Lv.80.

RED's wild Pokemon:
Mewtwo Level 132
Golduck Level 80
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80 (possibly)

Yep, got all of those Pokemon (I about died when I saw the Mewtwo. Luckily he had no actual attacks, just defensive moves) I got a Lv.128 Golbat as well (the first over-level Pokemon I ever saw, me and my sis freaked) Is that normal for Red?

Yeah, I just realised I missed the last two letters on all of them:
RED's wild Pokemon:
Mewtwo Level 132
Golduck Level 80
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80
Golbat Level 128

There is your Goldbat. And ASH seems more familiar. (I never called myself ASH, but a friend did. I always wondered why he could find more glitches than me)