Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Game-Breaking Glitches? - Page 7

Re: Game-Breaking Glitches?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-27 22:47:12
It has never happened to me again since.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-10-29 02:09:54

I once bumped my GBA with Pokemon Red in it, and it froze. I turned it back on, and it was in color.  :???: O_o Not all red, it was the color it would be in Pokemon Stadium. However, when I saved it and turned it off then back on, it went away.  :(

I would LOVE a GameShark code for that!

Date: 2007-10-29 14:01:12
Umm, there was no code.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-30 19:58:56

I once bumped my GBA with Pokemon Red in it, and it froze. I turned it back on, and it was in color.  :???: O_o Not all red, it was the color it would be in Pokemon Stadium. However, when I saved it and turned it off then back on, it went away.  :(
You mean SGB color?  :???: Wow. Cool and yet very unexplained.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-30 20:02:53

That's not possible. SGB color (what's used in Stadium) will never, ever show up on a Game Boy, because the SGB and CGB use completely different coloring mechanisms.

Date: 2007-10-30 20:04:30
I swear to God it happened. It was at least in semi-color (Fuschia city was pinkish instead of red). I'm not lying either, it honestly looked different.

Date: 2007-10-30 20:05:01
Didn't Yellow do that somewhat?

Date: 2007-10-30 20:06:11
Yeah, it was almost the same color as Yellow, but a bit darker.

Date: 2007-10-30 20:15:34

Didn't Yellow do that somewhat?

What they did for Yellow was make a separate routine to color the game if it was on the Game Boy Color. R/B have no such routine.

Maybe you're just remembering it incorrectly?

Date: 2007-10-30 20:22:04
It wasn't perfect, but Fuschia was pink, not deep red.

No, I am remembering it correctly. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

Date: 2007-10-30 20:29:25
All right, but just know that SGB color does not and cannot appear on any Game Boy. What you saw was probably some form of the CGB's native "DMG-coloring" system.

There are other coloring options besides the default, which you can get by pressing buttons at startup. Maybe it was one of those?

Date: 2007-10-30 20:39:54
I said I bumped it and it suddenly ended up in color when I turned it back on. It only happened once.

I was pressing the A button rapidly to get back to the game.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-10-31 02:43:26

All right, but just know that SGB color does not and cannot appear on any Game Boy. What you saw was probably some form of the CGB's native "DMG-coloring" system.

There are other coloring options besides the default, which you can get by pressing buttons at startup. Maybe it was one of those?

Except that it sounds to me like he went to BOTH Fuchisa and Viridian in the same play. If it had been as you have said, he would have seen either green Fuchisa, or pink Viridian.

I might be able to hack a code if I knew the IDs for the various Game Boys.

Date: 2007-10-31 14:37:08

I said I bumped it and it suddenly ended up in color when I turned it back on. It only happened once.

I was pressing the A button rapidly to get back to the game.

Yes, if you were pressing A it was, because any control stick direction, either A or B, or any direction-button combination will yield a color change.

Date: 2007-10-31 15:24:13
Are you sure? I thought you had to press several different buttons, not just the same one.