Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Game-Breaking Glitches? - Page 8

Re: Game-Breaking Glitches?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-31 19:56:22
I didn't know that. I've done it before and nothing happened.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-10-31 22:33:10
There are twelve button combinations for non-CGB color: left, right, down, up, A + left, A + right, A + down, A + up, B + left, B + right, B + down, and B + up. Pressing just A or just B will not do anything, nor will A and B.

Date: 2007-11-01 13:44:43
I didn't think so either, so that can't be it. It was probably just me bumping my game.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-01 16:01:21
Eh, it's always possible to assume everything (glitches) cause is bumping te game, I would'nt assume that too soon. And you're probably tired of me going on about this but maybe you were pressing control pad buttons? Don't know. Anyway how did this get so off topic anyway?

Date: 2007-11-01 16:41:50
I wasn't. I have no idea. Let's get back on topic.

Posted by: Verinin
Date: 2007-11-02 06:50:49
Using walk-through-walls Gameshark Code (In Yellow Version) i walked too far in Silph CO. and then game crashed and save file data was deleted.

Date: 2007-11-02 06:53:25
So going out of bounds can delete your game? Maybe that's how Glitch City erased LedZepin's file…

Posted by: Verinin
Date: 2007-11-02 06:57:04
Well, in version Blue I Surfed too far from glitch city many times, but it don't erased my save file data

Date: 2007-11-02 07:01:47
Same here. But that is what happened with you, right LedZeplin?

Date: 2007-11-02 09:44:40
Well, yes, that is what happened.

Date: 2007-11-02 13:17:09
I've heard saving in there disables flying. But probably a rumor right? (obviously, disabled flying would kill your game because in any Glitch City there are no openings to other places). And maybe going out of bounds in CERTAIN GLITCH CITIES can kill your game, but not others. A possibility.

Date: 2007-11-02 13:18:21
I'm pretty sure that's a rumor, but I wouldn't save there.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 19:16:15
Agh, so much to catch up on…

Hmm…it might be that going out of bounds in certain areas will cause the game to be deleted. You know that large patch of grass outside of Pallet town, the one you can normally never reach. If you step out into the grass via walk-thru-walls, the game crashes, and, from what I've heard, often deletes your game. So something about that spot is particularly dangerous.

Date: 2007-11-07 19:20:06
It's because YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO THERE. They made sure that you would suffer for your curiosity.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 19:30:52
Yes, it is a grand plot by Team Rocket and Prof. Oak :P

In all seriousness, you're obviously not supposed to go there, but there are many places that you are not supposed to go but don't neccessarily kill your game if you do reach them (read: Glitch City, area where the Vermillion truck is, area behind Bill's House). Even if you cross boundaries in Glitch City where the game stops existing, the game crashes, but your save file is still fine. But for some reason certain spots are more likely to eat your game.