Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Game-Breaking Glitches? - Page 5

Re: Game-Breaking Glitches?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-03 14:25:30
Oh. Can't tell ya then.

Been trying to get the glitch Viridian Trainer. So far no luck. When would be a good time to turn off while the game is saving the Mystery Gift?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-12 14:29:29
Don't know.

Glitches caused from dropping your game could erase your file. I speak from personal experience.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-12 21:45:33

Oh. Can't tell ya then.

Been trying to get the glitch Viridian Trainer. So far no luck. When would be a good time to turn off while the game is saving the Mystery Gift?
As I have said in the thread involving that glitch, that is probably not the way to get the glitch trainer. Back on topic anyway.

Date: 2007-10-13 19:52:13
After the fun in my Blue version's psuedo-reset while doing experiment with ZZAZZ hex 252 (look to ZZAZZ thread for more details), I'm a bit surprised that my save file still exists XD. I mean, it was trying to upload a game save while the current game was still going on…

Date: 2007-10-17 20:40:33
I heard the glitch move TM55 can freeze your game, erase your game, and even actually physically damage the save battery just from using it. Wow, just one move can seriously damage your game…

Date: 2007-10-19 19:06:41
I'm back. Was off in Mystery Dungeon land :P

Anyway, I heard in the ZZAZZ thread that HEX 251 can corrupt the cartridge without saving, if you're unlucky.

Date: 2007-10-20 11:50:31
Welcome back  ;D

Anyways, TM55 can do the same thing to your game as ZZAZZ. Most of the time, this glitch atack just causes your turn to immediately end, a waste of your turn. But sometimes, the game glitches and freezes. The game begins to fill up with FF hex values (the highest there is). Not only does this cause the game to freeze, it also deletes your saved game. Wait, that's not all. It will also actually physically damage the game's internal save battery, making the game almost useless. You would have to replace the battery.

Wow, just ONE move can be as dangerous as ZZAZZ…

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2007-10-20 12:06:33
I wonder how a glicth could physically mess up a game o.O;;

Odd how I remember my little sister said that Missingno could mess up your Gameboy, but as I know, a glitch like Missingno can't mess up a Gameboy…

Date: 2007-10-20 12:09:29
Most glitch TMs are useless, anyway!  (think TM11, TM12, TM16, and so on and so forth.)

Of course, we all believed Missingno. could kill your game. ONCE.

Date: 2007-10-20 13:56:49
Can the TMTRAINER glitch damage your game? 'Cause I do it a lot :-X.

Date: 2007-10-20 16:39:55
Isn't TMTRAINER a biproduct of Super Glitch? If so, yes, it can, I think.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2007-10-20 21:59:46
The TMTRAINER effect never damaged my game. Of course it'd freeze it, but I've never heard anything about it ever harming your game.

Date: 2007-10-21 07:18:46

Isn't TMTRAINER a biproduct of Super Glitch?
Not necessarily.

Date: 2007-10-21 20:38:24
Isn't it usually, though?

Date: 2007-10-21 20:46:09
TMTRAINER-like effects have occurred with my Charizard M experiments. I've gotten the Pokemon in my second slot turned into a Starmie after ZZAZZ O_o. More importantly, strolling down the list of my party while in the deposit screen, I've seen a bunch of glitch blocks containing TMTRAINER appear at the bottom of the screen and eat up the CANCEL button. The (now glitchy) CANCEL still worked, though.

Heh, I remember being scared of MissingNo. I thought it was gonna look like the mime guy in the Trading Card Game GBA game (don't ask), and instead I get this blocky thing that looks nothing like I've ever seen. I freak, but I still have my duplicated Master Balls ;D. Then later I look at my HoF and. Totally. SPAZ. I downloaded all my good Pokemon to Stadium and reset. I was ten, maybe eleven at the time.