Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Game-Breaking Glitches? - Page 4

Re: Game-Breaking Glitches?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-01 11:29:01
I wonder why the autoselected names are connected like that

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-01 12:50:17
They are taken from the ROM which has names in block.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-01 16:26:40
ASH isn't an autoselect name in games where the Old Man Glitch works.

Date: 2007-10-02 10:48:45
Yes it is. Check again

Date: 2007-10-02 11:11:28
Isn't Gary an autoselect name too?

Date: 2007-10-02 15:30:48
Maybe for your rival.

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-10-03 06:00:13

Maybe for your rival.

In BLUE GARY is an autoselect name and ASH isn't.(in the version I have at least)

Date: 2007-10-03 10:43:55
Oh, I was talking about Red.

Posted by: The Shadow Knight
Date: 2007-10-03 10:55:50

Oh, I was talking about Red.

I know,I quoted the wrong post ;)

Date: 2007-10-03 13:47:58
Oh I was thinking Blue too, I didn't know they were different (haven't been through the beginning part as much on Red). It is very weird how there was as random of a name as Ash in their minds before the show got made in the US.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-03 14:09:37

Did you call yourself RED from the autoselection?

Yes, I did. I figured that why my Golduck was just Lv.80.

RED's wild Pokemon:
Mewtwo Level 132
Golduck Level 80
MissingNO. Level 146
MissingNO. Level 80 (possibly)

Yep, got all of those Pokemon (I about died when I saw the Mewtwo. Luckily he had no actual attacks, just defensive moves) I got a Lv.128 Golbat as well (the first over-level Pokemon I ever saw, me and my sis freaked) Is that normal for Red?

Btw LedZeplin, this is from early trsrockin.

From Saydipup:

A little while ago, I made a small, but important discovery on Glitch city.

Now personally, I'm not really a person to mess around with dangerous glitches. I'd do the Mew Glitch, duplicate items, and the occassional trip to Glitch city, but that was it. Now, as I was saying. I was on the bus, coming home from camp. I had been telling this guy about Glitch city and the Mew glitch for the whole week, and I had brought my brother's Blue Version that day. I let him use it to go explore glitch city before he went home to try it on his game. I made sure I watched over his shoulder.

Some days later, I turned on the Blue Version again. I was next to the entrance of the Safari Zone, where the guy had saved for the Glitch City trick. Figures. I had left through the entrance to get out of the Safari Zone quickly, but as usual, no one asked if I was leaving early. I didn't want to go to Glitch City, I had other things to do. So I shut off my game. I turned it back on, and my jaw dropped.

I had discovered how Glitch City deletes your file, the hard way. The file was gone. All of it. I had saved all the pokemon on Pokemon Stadium 2, reset the game to get Mew, and put them all back, just to get it all deleted. My very first pokemon were on that!!! (A bunch of pixels with sentimental value)

Now, this may not seem like a very big discovery, but it's vital to those who don't want their file deleted. I noticed that no one mentioned exactly HOW Glitch City can delete your file, so I though you should know. I don't want anyone making the same mistake I did. I won't be able to do anything with Blue Version for a while, (my brother is VERY angry, and says that he won't let me play it ever again. I'll just wait 'till he forgets) but in the meantime, I'm going to spread the word of my small discovery. I hope I've been of help to you.

Does that sound like what you did?

Yes! Other than turning the game back on and appearing at the Safari Zone, that IS exactly what happened.

Date: 2007-10-03 14:17:44
Yes! Other than turning the game back on and appearing at the Safari Zone, that IS exactly what happened.

It is, huh? Hmm…so leaving the Safari Zone after activating the glitch and then turning it off before reaching glitch city will erase your game?

Date: 2007-10-03 14:19:22
Saving in Glitch City is rumored to as well.
Is this true?

Date: 2007-10-03 14:20:28

Is this true?

No, I have done it before.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-03 14:22:15

Is this true?

No, I have done it before.

Me too. But only ONCE.

It is, huh? Hmm…so leaving the Safari Zone after activating the glitch and then turning it off before reaching glitch city will erase your game?

Oh…I didn't read THAT part. I shut it off WHILE I was in there, like normal.