Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6 - Page 3

Re: Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-02-24 14:58:37
I've been testing this out, and most of these glitch pokemon are completely unstable.

I haven't found one yet that is able to be sent out in battle.

Oh and by the way, is there a reason I can't use PkHex to give a Pokemon an ability they're not supposed to have?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-02-24 15:45:03

Oh and by the way, is there a reason I can't use PkHex to give a Pokemon an ability they're not supposed to have?

If you mean the normal PKHeX, you have to rename it to PKHaX.exe in order to enable illegal mode.

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-02-26 14:19:16
If I put these glitch Pokemon in my game, is there a possibility of it ruining my save file?

Date: 2015-02-26 14:40:13

If I put these glitch Pokemon in my game, is there a possibility of it ruining my save file?

I don't think so, but I can't really confirm. Your 3DS will lock up quite often while experimenting though, but you can force it to power off by holding the button.

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-02-26 16:52:16
hi, lurker for a long time and I just registered to mention something about this:

Glitch move 0x2000 appears as nothing, freezes the game when Fight is selected, and appears as a slash/backslash in the move deleter

And for the save file thing, I've experienced something that may have been caused by having the presence of a glitchmon in my party.

I had Primal Groudon/Rainy Castform/3 glitches in the party for contests (having the glitches in the box seems safe) and when I reset after the save, Alpha Sapphire wouldn't load.

tl;dr I bricked my game due to a glitch/some other thing in the party.

Don't worry, though - the save is perfectly safe and can be loaded with Pokemon Bank. Pokemon CAN be banked out of the bricked save so basically you just have a cartridge that can do nothing if this happens to you.

Date: 2015-02-26 20:13:43
I already transferred all my important Pokemon (event Pokemon, main party) to X using Pokemon Bank just in case. I never even beat the game, mostly due to sort of getting a bit bored with it (as well as beating Norman + all the trainers in the gym, then my 3DS was very low on power, but when I plugged it in, I accidentally removed the cartridge, leading to a bit of a lack of motivation to do the whole thing over again).

Anyway, I think I'll try this. And probably also get a shiny Jirachi while I'm at it since Jirachi is my favorite legendary.

Midnight has joined the team to research Gen 6 glitch Pokemon!

Date: 2015-02-26 20:24:53

hi, lurker for a long time and I just registered to mention something about this:

Glitch move 0x2000 appears as nothing, freezes the game when Fight is selected, and appears as a slash/backslash in the move deleter

And for the save file thing, I've experienced something that may have been caused by having the presence of a glitchmon in my party.

I had Primal Groudon/Rainy Castform/3 glitches in the party for contests (having the glitches in the box seems safe) and when I reset after the save, Alpha Sapphire wouldn't load.

tl;dr I bricked my game due to a glitch/some other thing in the party.

Don't worry, though - the save is perfectly safe and can be loaded with Pokemon Bank. Pokemon CAN be banked out of the bricked save so basically you just have a cartridge that can do nothing if this happens to you.

That's not very surprising, most of those glitchmons lock up the game or the whole 3DS while they try to retrieve some info. However, I think your save could be restored if you're able to make a backup with ram2sav. Try to make a backup (not sure if it's possible when the graphics don't load), then check if it has content on PKHeX. If yes, delete your savefile (there's a key combination for that), then start a new game using the same gender and same skin color, then try restoring your backup. If successful, reset and do it when you receive your starter. Reason for only restoring permanently after getting your starter is that you'd have no pokémon in your party after restoring, due to ram2sav being unable to inject to the party.

I already transferred all my important Pokemon (event Pokemon, main party) to X using Pokemon Bank just in case. I never even beat the game, mostly due to sort of getting a bit bored with it (as well as beating Norman + all the trainers in the gym, then my 3DS was very low on power, but when I plugged it in, I accidentally removed the cartridge, leading to a bit of a lack of motivation to do the whole thing over again).

Anyway, I think I'll try this. And probably also get a shiny Jirachi while I'm at it since Jirachi is my favorite legendary.

Midnight has joined the team to research Gen 6 glitch Pokemon!

99% sure you're safe if you don't save with glitchmons. If you see a glitchmon's sprite won't load, press Power immediately or it'll lock up the 3DS (already said this, just wanna emphasize it).

Date: 2015-02-27 02:17:40
Do any of you know if it would be possible to transfer any of the glitch Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, or does it have some sort of filter that blocks them? I know it would require saving with a glitch Pokemon, but to be honest, I don't really care if I have to start a new game.

Edit: Also, do you know if there are any glitch items, and if they could be enabled in PKHeX?

Double-Edit: It's possible to make the glitch Pokemon shiny. I've only tried it with 0x7c8 (Arceus-Dragon) so far. Also, even though I set the level to 99, 0x7c8 insists on being level 1.

Triple-Edit: 0x42c0 (Bulbasaur) also is level 1 instead of 99. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'll try to level it up with Exp. Share. Also, I was able to make it shiny as well. Though actually, seeing as it was a Bulbasaur, which others have said was shiny to begin with, it might not have had any effect after all. I'll try again later without trying to make it shiny to see if it's shiny by default or not.

Edit Combo x4: The game softlocked upon closing 0x42c0's summary. I tried again, this time without viewing the summary. I was able to successfully encounter a wild Slakoth in Petalburg Woods, but the game softlocked again when I tried to get my Machop to use Low Sweep.

Another thing is that sometimes, when the game softlocks, if I press the power button, it sends me to the menu that lets me select to shut it down or go to the home menu. It's happened two or three times, and every time I tried to go to the home menu, only for it to display the 'Home Menu' loading screen without ever actually loading it, forcing me to hold the power button to turn it off.

Edit Combo x5: Never mind about the level 1 instead of 99 thing. I realized I had to add experience manually, since the glitch Pokemon don't automatically get the right amount of experience for the selected level.

Also, 0x13f7 (shiny Bulbasaur) softlocks the game upon closing the summary. It is shiny by default. I'll try to send it out in battle to level it up.

Edit Combo x6: I used 0x7c8, this time without making it shiny. I tried to battle with it, but selecting Attack softlocked the game. Literally every glitch Pokemon I've tried so far has softlocked the game before I can even attack.

Edit Combo x7: What would happen if you interrupted the process of injecting a Pokemon with a QR code? I'm guessing something would probably get corrupted, but what? Would there be something like Gen 2's Bad Clone?
(And yes, I've been up all night adding to this. Insomnia…)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2015-02-27 09:47:31
sprite

Model.

Date: 2015-02-27 09:56:46

Do any of you know if it would be possible to transfer any of the glitch Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, or does it have some sort of filter that blocks them? I know it would require saving with a glitch Pokemon, but to be honest, I don't really care if I have to start a new game.

Unlike Transporter, Pokébank itself has no sort of hack check, people have even deposited pokémon with level above 100 before. But I don't know how it would handle a glitchmon, if any differently. Beware that they can cancel your subscription if they decide to actually care about this, as transferring/depositing hacks is against their terms.

sprite

Model.

k

Date: 2015-02-27 15:42:00

Unlike Transporter, Pokébank itself has no sort of hack check, people have even deposited pokémon with level above 100 before. But I don't know how it would handle a glitchmon, if any differently. Beware that they can cancel your subscription if they decide to actually care about this, as transferring/depositing hacks is against their terms.

I have a couple questions: I can't seem to get a Pokemon above level 100, even when I change the name to PKHaX. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I also can't make the stats higher than would be possible with the selected EVs and IVs.

Also, if my subscription is canceled, am I allowed to just buy a new one? Though, how would they find out unless someone told them? Do they have people constantly watching which Pokemon are uploaded? That would seem pretty extreme.

Date: 2015-02-27 15:50:37

I have a couple questions: I can't seem to get a Pokemon above level 100, even when I change the name to PKHaX. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I also can't make the stats higher than would be possible with the selected EVs and IVs.

Also, if my subscription is canceled, am I allowed to just buy a new one? Though, how would they find out unless someone told them? Do they have people constantly watching which Pokemon are uploaded? That would seem pretty extreme.

It was done by SciresM himself, so it's probably only possible with hex editing. Torchickens might know how to do it since he's hex edited a while ago.

I don't now. But probably yes. Still, I don't think they do any checking, it's just to discourage transferring genned stuff.

Date: 2015-02-27 15:56:28

It was done by SciresM himself, so it's probably only possible with hex editing. Torchickens might know how to do it since he's hex edited a while ago.

I don't now. But probably yes. Still, I don't think they do any checking, it's just to discourage transferring genned stuff.

Darn. Though, maybe if it's fairly simple, he can teach me?

Also, does anyone know what the most stable glitch Pokemon is so far? I'm trying to find a friend who's willing to let me trade one to them.

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-02-27 16:07:13

That's not very surprising, most of those glitchmons lock up the game or the whole 3DS while they try to retrieve some info. However, I think your save could be restored if you're able to make a backup with ram2sav. Try to make a backup (not sure if it's possible when the graphics don't load), then check if it has content on PKHeX. If yes, delete your savefile (there's a key combination for that), then start a new game using the same gender and same skin color, then try restoring your backup. If successful, reset and do it when you receive your starter. Reason for only restoring permanently after getting your starter is that you'd have no pokémon in your party after restoring, due to ram2sav being unable to inject to the party.

Sadly the game is bricked in a way that when after the Nintendo 3DS logo part, it just cuts to a black screen. Nothing can be done at all except either turn off the power/take out the game card.

I also tried glitchmons in Bank somewhat. I was able to view them perfectly fine, but it crashed when trying to "Save and Quit". I didn't have a subscription but I believe that it probably can't save even after viewing a glitch. Bank handles Megas fine though.

Are there any possible cool things for glitch moves? As stated before, 0x2000 doesn't actually have a description or a name and freezes in battle, but appears as a slash in the Move Deleter menu.

I wonder if the softlock no sprite glitches work in contests.

EDIT: New replies posted when I was typing this, here are responses:

I got Level 200s from making the name PKHaX and was able to edit stats when I last used it.

Stable glitches are mainly the hybrids with the random sprites. Those work in contests, battles and other stuff.

Date: 2015-02-27 16:14:03

Sadly the game is bricked in a way that when after the Nintendo 3DS logo part, it just cuts to a black screen. Nothing can be done at all except either turn off the power/take out the game card.

Wow, that's really strange. Though the cart can probably still be recovered if you format the savefile. At that point however, I think it's only possible using a dongle like Powersaves, or transferring the savefile to a digital version (there's an official tool on eShop for that), then deleting the save on the digital version.