Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6 - Page 5

Re: Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-01 08:47:05

Has anyone tried to take invalid Pokémon into Amie?

I would try this myself but my 3DS camera has trouble with QR codes and the modified PKHeX wont load for me.

Also, one question: why do all the invalids have the moveset Spore / Lock On / Sheer Cold / Giga Drain? Is it just something that it forces itself to do? The closest thing I can think of is when I tried to inject a level 100+ Pokémon, but it reverted to 100.

They don't seem to be the glitch Pokémon's natural moves. I took one into the Move Reminder at level 100 and no moves were suggested. I think Wack0 said he leveled one up to 100 and it learned no moves but that may be a false memory. I chose a move-set with Sheer Cold, because if an invalid Pokémon has terrible stats, the ability to (almost) always hit lower level Pokémon with Sheer Cold (Accuracy = [(level of user-level of target) + 30]%) makes up for it. Lock Up guarantees it hits at higher levels. Spore stops the opponent from defeating you.

Still, you'd want something like Trick Room and Wonder Guard, some Focus Sashes maybe if any Pokémon has a Fighting-type move and it is a real Normal type if you want to beat the Elite Four with it, though maybe you'd only need it in the party to get it registered in the Hall of Fame.

Of the Gen VI glitch Pokémon I've seen so far, they seem to have base stats of 0 in everything, which means their minimum level 100 stats are 110 HP, 5 Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense. The maximums for each stat (31 IVs, 252 DV, good nature are probably 204 HP and 108 in everything else) but I haven't checked this.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-03-01 10:16:45

I think Wack0 said he leveled one up to 100 and it learned no moves but that may be a false memory.

That's correct. I Rare Candied one to 100 and it learned nothing, nor could it learn any TMs/HMs.

Posted by: sunriseespeon
Date: 2015-03-01 11:25:03

Speaking of Amie, all perma-megas and formes kinda crash Amie but not the game, you just get a short black screen then get kicked out.

One time in Alpha Sapphire I brang a perma mega into Amie and it crashed my whole game. I had to restart my 3DS because it didn't let me access the home menu. It didn't crash Amie only, which is weird. Still don't know what happened there.

And I've seen Meloetta and Darmanitan in Amie before, it's actually really funny.

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-03-01 15:50:37

Also, saving a picture from the contest to the SD card won't save the game, right?

Sorry, but can someone answer this for me? I'm just being extra careful.

Also, what would happen if I had a Pokemon in the first slot of the box, and I returned to the home menu while it was being injected?

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-01 16:08:18

Also, saving a picture from the contest to the SD card won't save the game, right?

Sorry, but can someone answer this for me? I'm just being extra careful.

Also, what would happen if I had a Pokemon in the first slot of the box, and I returned to the home menu while it was being injected?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

If you have a pokemon in Box 1 Slot 1 you can inject over it safely. If you do anything during the injection, it could freeze on you, but nothing worse.

Date: 2015-03-01 16:33:52

In a contest, you can take pictures, and at the end, you're asked if you want to save the last picture you took to the SD card.

Posted by: sunriseespeon
Date: 2015-03-02 02:20:58

In a contest, you can take pictures, and at the end, you're asked if you want to save the last picture you took to the SD card.

It shouldnt save your game. Im not entirely sure though, so Ill test it when Im home.

Date: 2015-03-02 04:18:17

It shouldnt save your game. Im not entirely sure though, so Ill test it when Im home.

I tested it, and it doesn't. Expect to see some pictures soon.

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-02 06:38:20

I wasn't referring to the contest bit. Never mind.

Posted by: Darth Nightmaricus
Date: 2015-03-02 10:58:07
I played with 722 in Amie in AS. Didn't crash, just had it be a black screen. I was able to back out and everything, deciding that "You don't get any love, 722, you weirdo."

Also, trying to trade these glitches to X or Y doesn't work because they're treated like Hoopa Unbound, etc. - apparently X and Y have different Glitch Pokemon from ORAS, as it wouldn't let me even show it. I assume I can trade it with ORAS players, though. It let me show and offer to them. This is interesting, the fact that X/Y have different Glitch Pokemon from OR\AS.

Date: 2015-03-02 12:57:22

This is interesting, the fact that X/Y have different Glitch Pokemon from OR\AS.

It actually seems par for the course…

Has anyone done any testing in X/Y? I haven't (yet).

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-03-02 14:56:37

This is interesting, the fact that X/Y have different Glitch Pokemon from OR\AS.

It actually seems par for the course…

Has anyone done any testing in X/Y? I haven't (yet).

I heard that inserting a ORAS Mega forme in XY (not the items themselves) will make the Pokemon appear as its base forme but the ability still shows. This is for the PC, unsure about battles

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-03-02 20:58:44
DO NOT UPDATE THE 3DS TO 9.5.0-23 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING THIS! They've patched the exploit.

Date: 2015-03-02 23:23:50

DO NOT UPDATE THE 3DS TO 9.5.0-23 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING THIS! They've patched the exploit.

I wasn't going to update anyway. I was expecting something like this to happen soon. Anyway, did you update and that's how you know, or did you find out some other way? Just curious.

Date: 2015-03-03 04:49:53

Supposedly the browser exploit got patched because people used it to bypass in-app purchasing in Pokémon Shuffle.