Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6 - Page 7

Re: Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-03-24 23:57:41

I started a new article on Bulbapedia about glitch Pokémon 724+ (since 722, 723, 000(?) are called Egg and 722 looks like an Egg I excluded them).

Anyone have an idea on how they should they be covered? It might be messy to have "glitch Bulbasaur Egg", "722 glitch Egg" articles, though it would work.

Edit: It would be suitable if I asked this on the talk page too.

Looking nice. I guess you could add this video too to the relevant ones, it was one of the first recorded instances of the glitch Bulbasaur and the battleable (Bad) Egg, while they could still be used online.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-25 07:27:40
Yep, that's actually in the article. "(example)" links to the video.

It is possible (or at least was possible) to save a Battle Video including the glitch Pokémon (example).

Is it no longer possible to use the glitch Pokémon online?

Date: 2015-03-25 08:39:12

Yep, that's actually in the article. "(example)" links to the video.

It is possible (or at least was possible) to save a Battle Video including the glitch Pokémon (example).

Is it no longer possible to use the glitch Pokémon online?

Oh okay. And yeah, they put online hack checks in free battles too, I think shortly after ORAS was released.

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-04-15 15:30:34
I hope this isn't considered off topic, but anyway, if I want to download Mewtwo for Smash, I need to update my 3DS, but if I update my 3DS, I can't study Gen 6 glitchmon anymore. Is there some sort of workaround?

Date: 2015-04-15 21:19:22

I hope this isn't considered off topic, but anyway, if I want to download Mewtwo for Smash, I need to update my 3DS, but if I update my 3DS, I can't study Gen 6 glitchmon anymore. Is there some sort of workaround?

If your firmware is over 9.2, nope. There's a hardmod method to backup/restore sysnand but I wouldn't risk it nor know if there are side-effects of downgrading that way.

Date: 2015-04-15 22:33:18

If your firmware is over 9.2, nope. There's a hardmod method to backup/restore sysnand but I wouldn't risk it nor know if there are side-effects of downgrading that way.

I don't know about the 3DS, but I know it's a very bad idea to downgrade a Wii, so I'm not going to risk it either. Maybe I'll just get the New 3DS a bit earlier than I planned.

Posted by: TMTRAINER
Date: 2015-04-21 19:02:46
Wow, ORAS suddenly changed from being one of the most stable versions of pokemon to glass… beautiful, but waiting to be outright broken. I was really curious about this exploit when it first came out… considering those pokemon can be generated rather free-formly.

Just for confirmation, cartridges have been broken from this, right? I don't want to mess with my only cartridge. Regardless of if I can prevent my game from breaking by not saving, I don't want to risk much.

Date: 2015-04-22 11:25:10

Just for confirmation, cartridges have been broken from this, right? I don't want to mess with my only cartridge. Regardless of if I can prevent my game from breaking by not saving, I don't want to risk much.

Yes, they have, but as far as I know, it only happens when you save with the glitches in your party. I don't blame you for not wanting to risk it, though.

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-04-22 15:05:45
Yeah, I haven't come across any Canadian E-Shop cards to get bank to get my Alpha Sapphire mons out of the box.

As far as I know Nintendo could be able to fix it, but their terms of services or something may be iffy on the fact that an exploit on the 3DS was used to make the game in this state.

Date: 2015-04-28 11:49:56
For some reason, even though I haven't updated my 3DS, the exploit has stopped working for me. It seems to work as normal, but when I look in my box, the Pokemon isn't there. Could Nintendo have found some way to block the exploit without needing the update? Has this happened to anyone else?

Date: 2015-04-28 12:36:18

For some reason, even though I haven't updated my 3DS, the exploit has stopped working for me. It seems to work as normal, but when I look in my box, the Pokemon isn't there. Could Nintendo have found some way to block the exploit without needing the update? Has this happened to anyone else?

Well, I just tried both with the QR for 2d2 you posted on the previous page, and a random pokémon with the latest PKHeX (which has the built in QR generator), and both worked. Seems to be something on your end…

Did you use the 3DS browser for browsing recently, or it just happen all of sudden?

Date: 2015-04-28 14:06:46

Did you use the 3DS browser for browsing recently, or it just happen all of sudden?

I don't think I've been using it for browsing lately at least, but actually, I think I did forget to clear my cookies and history, since it's been a while since I've used the exploit. So that might be it. I'll try it out later and see if that fixes it.

Date: 2015-08-04 07:52:02
PSA: everyone who's on latest firmware download Ironfall Invasion ASAP. 1.1 is optional.

Look at smealum's twitter if you're curious.

Date: 2015-08-09 11:21:25

PSA: everyone who's on latest firmware download Ironfall Invasion ASAP. 1.1 is optional.

So if this works, will I no longer need the browser exploit, or should I still refrain from updating my 3DS?

Date: 2015-08-09 11:48:56

So if this works, will I no longer need the browser exploit, or should I still refrain from updating my 3DS?

Well, for glitch researching it's not that good. It actually will let you edit savefiles and that's it (along with other homebrew software, custom 3ds themes, etc), and you know, we'd probably be unable to even boot the game with those pokémon as they're really unstable (I'm not sure if they do softlock the game on boot if they're in the box though, only on party, so if someone still has Powersaves and exploit access I'd like a confirmation if possible please).

But on the other hand, this may actually unbrick Flameduck's savefile given we will be able access savefiles now.

And the Ironhax is not out yet nor is the save editor, but they'll supposedly come out today (though I'm doubting it).