Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6 - Page 8

Re: Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-08-09 12:37:01
I'm guessing it probably won't work on the New 3DS?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-08-09 13:42:42

I'm guessing it probably won't work on the New 3DS?

It actually will.

Date: 2015-08-12 10:13:20
So Ironfall got removed from both EU and NA eShops yesterday. Hopefully everyone interested downloaded it in time.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2015-08-14 19:29:41

So Ironfall got removed from both EU and NA eShops yesterday. Hopefully everyone interested downloaded it in time.

"EVERYONE interested in 3DS homebrew should download YouTube from eshop for FREE. tell all your friends, please RT"
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/632280379982938112

Just a PSA.

Posted by: shutterbug2000
Date: 2015-09-02 18:01:14
I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/

Date: 2015-09-02 21:09:36
Since the thread is bumped, I confirmed the game start up normally with the glitchmons on the box. Although this isn't as convenient as the browser exploit for quick checking, you can fill your box(es) with glitchmons to check a batch.

0x7c5 - Snubbull
0x7c6 - Arceus-Electric

0x7c4 and below should have more interesting hybrids is anyone is willing to check.

Also I confirmed 100% that there's no "old save restoring protection" or anything on physical carts so you can play around with savefiles back and forth. But be extra careful with digital copies: only edit your latest save and if you ever save in-game, re-dump.

EDIT: well since I decided to test harder with more unstable mons to make sure the game does always start, I ended up testing more of those hybrids in the process:

0x7c4 - Tangrowth
0x7c3 - Bulbasaur
0x7c2 - Mega Lopunny
0x7c1 - Bulbasaur
0x7c0 - Shinx
0x7bf - Bulbasaur
0x7be - Dodrio
0x7bd - nothing/freezes
0x7bc - Golem
0x7bb - Ivysaur
0x7ba - Kadabra

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-09-06 19:56:50
I'll see if I can edit out the glitches from my party this way. It's worth a shot.

EDIT: might take a while? Not sure.

Date: 2015-09-06 20:08:08

I'll see if I can edit out the glitches from my party this way. It's worth a shot.

EDIT: might take a while? Not sure.

You can edit your party with this indeed. Not sure if it could make your game boot right way, but you definitively can replace your entire savefile to make it boot. Also, you can convert your last ramsav with this.

Posted by: Kleijxd
Date: 2015-09-19 01:20:21
Have been testing some hexes  too, game crashed.  Luckily I got PS

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-09-20 10:40:29
SUCCESS!

ALPHA SAPPHIRE has managed to load after deleting the glitches in the party. Saves are recoverable through Tubehax!

This is just really a great moment - I can play the game I thought I had lost forever. Whoo!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-09-20 10:46:01
Congrats! :D

Posted by: TwilightHakuryuu
Date: 2016-01-03 14:27:25
"3DS kernel hacking is a thing now. It's possible to downgrade firmwares 9.3 to 10.3 back to 9.2, and then, downgrade further to 4.2 and have custom firmware (rxTools) to pirate games) http://i.imgur.com/fIl8Jyf.jpg "

My friend just posted this on skype. It might be useful to some of us for continuing the Gen 6 Invalid Pokémon research, for those who were forced to upgrade firmware in order to play some of the new games. I don't actually know much about kernel hacking, myself, though.

Posted by: ~Poke~
Date: 2016-01-07 21:20:39

"3DS kernel hacking is a thing now. It's possible to downgrade firmwares 9.3 to 10.3 back to 9.2, and then, downgrade further to 4.2 and have custom firmware (rxTools) to pirate games) http://i.imgur.com/fIl8Jyf.jpg "

My friend just posted this on skype. It might be useful to some of us for continuing the Gen 6 Invalid Pokémon research, for those who were forced to upgrade firmware in order to play some of the new games. I don't actually know much about kernel hacking, myself, though.

It is indeed possible, though a little risky. The consensus seems to be it's mostly safe and definitely worth it for old3ds, but less safe (and less worthwhile) for new3ds. It really depends if you still want your 3ds to work as a normal console - with old3ds you can run a thing called emuNAND to be able to run the latest firmware from within the old exploitable one, so you get the best of both worlds. On new3ds the highest version you can run in emuNAND is 9.5, so you still need all sorts of other hacks to get into eshop, pokemon bank and etc. and need to pirate a cryptofixed version of any game using the 9.6+ cryptography.

I don't really think it's worth it for new3ds since being able to downgrade relies on kernel access - so in theory 10.3 is fully exploitable, just no one's done it yet. Maybe if 10.3 emuNAND is possible it would tempt me though.

It's also possible on latest firmware to pirate "legit" CIAs - basically, games that come preinstalled on special edition consoles, since they're not encrypted per device. This includes all the Pokemon games, so if anyone wants a spare game for glitching you can look into that.

(What are people using to edit the glitchmons into their party on 9.3+? is it just PKHex? I looked into a homebrew called PCHex to do it all on the 3ds but it doesn't allow glitchmons). Never mind, went back and read the first post :P

Posted by: Exegutt0r
Date: 2016-08-27 13:31:06
If requested, i can post my dumped ORAS rom.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-27 16:38:46
Hopefully Citra will be useable soon so I can test all the indexes (If I remember right, X/Y/OR/AS use 2 bytes to determine index, so there's 65535 possible indexes. I may be wrong, though.) which will take FOREVER but it'll be something to do next summer.